Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday January 24, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #4026
YouRock22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 373897
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anc.
Vehicle:
07 Impreza
newport blue

Default

scored a set of weathertech floormats for dirt cheap
so if anyone needs an OEM set of rubber mats for 02-07 impreza, wrx, or sti I've got one available.
Also visited big lake today, the new ice track there is quite nice.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
YouRock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #4027
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Installed my JDM headlights and 1 piece grille, also found out my front end needs to be adjusted more then I thought for everything to sit flush
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #4028
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
Installed my JDM headlights and 1 piece grille, also found out my front end needs to be adjusted more then I thought for everything to sit flush
pic of headlights and grille

exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #4029
soclose
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320851
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouRock22 View Post
scored a set of weathertech floormats for dirt cheap
so if anyone needs an OEM set of rubber mats for 02-07 impreza, wrx, or sti I've got one available.
Also visited big lake today, the new ice track there is quite nice.
PMed...
soclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #4030
vang25rs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380251
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage
Vehicle:
2000 subaru 2.5rs

Default



install JDM v4 grill with "i" badge, just need to wash the car now
vang25rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #4031
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Ordered replacement gaskets to get rid of the condensation build up in my taillights: www.gasketninja.com Comes with 3M sealant too!

Representative pic:


Also, some of you may enjoy this news: I ordered replacement fender side marker LED bulbs, which should take care of the bright, strobe blinking that I've had for a long while now (pretty much worse than "JDM blink"). They're from Diode Dynamics, a very cool company that I've ordered lots of parts from, whereas initially I got my LEDs for dirt chip from elsewhere and got what I paid for in the process.

Live and learn.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #4032
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

A buddy and I swapped on some fresh studded tires and some fresh KYB Excel-G struts and Epic Engineering springs onto the Outback Sport last week. I followed that up with an alignment the next day as well. With a few days of driving on them now, I can say they are a HUGE improvement over what was in there from the factory. The springs along with the 19mm rear sway bar have transformed this cars handling and ride quality. Check out the before and after pics.

Before


After
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:39 AM   #4033
JCharron2005
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180365
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2015 STI Limited
Darkness

Default

Drove it back up to work, may drive up to fairbanks this week. Maybe.
JCharron2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 AM   #4034
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCharron2005 View Post
Drove it back up to work, may drive up to fairbanks this week. Maybe.
If you do, hit me up, we can grab lunch or something.
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #4035
JCharron2005
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180365
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2015 STI Limited
Darkness

Default

Wife confirms we will be driving up tonight after I finish my shift, should be in town around 7-7:30pm. I said tomorrow night but she says she will be unable to travel because she has to be stationed at the tv for Miss Universe =P
JCharron2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #4036
pablopistoffo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 391295
Join Date: May 2014
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
A buddy and I swapped on some fresh studded tires and some fresh KYB Excel-G struts and Epic Engineering springs onto the Outback Sport last week. I followed that up with an alignment the next day as well. With a few days of driving on them now, I can say they are a HUGE improvement over what was in there from the factory. The springs along with the 19mm rear sway bar have transformed this cars handling and ride quality. Check out the before and after pics.

Before


After
I still think that spoiler looks better on your car than it did on mine. I still need to paint mine as well.
pablopistoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #4037
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

I love it. Thanks again. I gave you positive feedback on it too. Yeah, maybe this spring when it warms up a little more I'll take it off and paint it. I gotta paint the replacement grille still too.
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #4038
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
pic of headlights and grille

So I really love my new headlights but what I'm not loving is when they dont work. It seems randomly 1 or both wont turn on. I'll have to turn my lights on/off or shut my car on/off multiple times before both will be on. All connections are firm and correct, When they dont light I can hear something kind of whine for a moment like its not igniting or something. Has anyone experienced this? I was told to try new ballast...
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #4039
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Seems like the headlights are extracting too much power? Maybe related to the alternator? I had a similar problem with my RS, but that was about 9 years ago now, so I forget. My bad.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #4040
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

currently my DRLs are still connected so if I have them on with just the DRL running i noticed a little flickering, when I actually turn them on they see to stay on with no flicker. But there are times where I turn them on and only 1 light will come on. cycling the lights back n forth sometimes fixes, other times i actually have to restart my car and then they will both work. I'll check my alternator this weekend but I havent had any other issues as far as interior lights dimming or dead battery.
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #4041
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

See, now that's ringing a bell. I had the exact same issues with my RS, I'm pretty sure after installing aftermarket headlights. I'm sorry that I can not recall how I remedied the situation. I just remember having to flick my headlights on and off rapidly sometimes to make BOTH come on.

For some reason I'm remembering a fuse somewhere... I'm trying to recall when a proper fuse might play a role in that whole setup...
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #4042
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
See, now that's ringing a bell. I had the exact same issues with my RS, I'm pretty sure after installing aftermarket headlights. I'm sorry that I can not recall how I remedied the situation. I just remember having to flick my headlights on and off rapidly sometimes to make BOTH come on.

For some reason I'm remembering a fuse somewhere... I'm trying to recall when a proper fuse might play a role in that whole setup...
haha i know my neice just had the same issue with her HIDs they installed on her outback. Gonna remove my DRL pin and see if that helps, next step I guess will be new ballast.

Sucks cause these jdm projectors are amazing. the light output and the cutoff is so good, hands down amazing headlights... when I can get em to work lol
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:09 AM   #4043
gnarwhal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 406592
Join Date: Nov 2014
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
currently my DRLs are still connected so if I have them on with just the DRL running i noticed a little flickering, when I actually turn them on they see to stay on with no flicker. But there are times where I turn them on and only 1 light will come on. cycling the lights back n forth sometimes fixes, other times i actually have to restart my car and then they will both work. I'll check my alternator this weekend but I havent had any other issues as far as interior lights dimming or dead battery.

Having the same problem with my projector/hid retrofits in my blob
gnarwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.