Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
JustAnotherSubie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 185224
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
Wicked White

Default OEM Banjo bolt on fp18g?

I have been reading a lot of threads and on Forced Performances website saying DO NOT USE OEM Banjo Bolt on FP18g turbos. I am reading plenty of mixed comments about this, but i really want to know for sure. The person i bought the turbo from told me he used the stock banjo bolt on the fp18g turbo for about 3k miles with no problems. I am getting re-tuned next week with the fp18g on my car with the oem banjo bolt, should i be okay with it? Any owners with the FP18g using the oem banjo bolt? The FP18g turbo i have is a single scroll td06 with a 7cm compressor wheel.
JustAnotherSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
hex2bit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 135072
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 FXT, 19t-td04

FP is just covering their butts as best they can. The only real issue is the mesh filter in the oil line, as there's actually a TSB for it from Subaru. I removed my as a preventive measure, but mine had no problems.
http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...een=Oil_Supply

The restrictive ports in the lines and bolts are not as big of a deal. The only reason to require a lot of oil flow would be for cooling. The FP turbo is water cooled, so it shouldn't have much issue with heat. If you run a turbo that wasn't water cooled, then you could have issues with the oil getting too hot if the flow wasn't high enough, or you didn't let it cool down after a hard run.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the OEM banjo bolt. Tons of people run big turbos without upgrading the banjo bolt, or removing the inline filter without problems. I guess it comes down what you want to do as preventive measures.
hex2bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
JustAnotherSubie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 185224
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
Wicked White

Oh okay thanks a lot, huge help .

-Alex
JustAnotherSubie is offline   Reply With Quote