Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2002, 01:58 AM   #1
DoctorNick
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7022
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2001 Forester
Arcadia green

Default which car is going to be a easier platform for me to turbo..

Well a friend of mine is going to be getting a subaru soon. he wants what I have because he wants a "quick" car that is AWD so he can move around in the snow durring the horrid chicago weather. Well he wants a subaru. he is going from a v6 ruster to a scoobie soon. Well since I am the "rice master". it will be my duity till he knows up(which will be soon to help him pick out a good one. Well he is going to have a little bit to play with...mabye around 19k. Wel I am thinking he is going t want to go turbo if he drives my rs after I finish my turbo kit this summer. So my ideas on platforms.
5/auto (he hasn't decided yet)
01 2.5rs (lsd and looks)
forester (he is into suv's and well he might like it)
2.2L (what year is a good year) or 1.8L (sti conversion car)

Well I see it as this also...2.5rs stick is fast in stock but not as fast as rs-t
H is not going to be able to afford a turbo kit if he gets and 01 so why doesn't he get a high milage 2.2l for 10k and turbo/nitrous it with the 7k extra? Any ideas or things you can say is helpful.
thanks.
Moderators if this the wrong forum. Sorry
-Neal
DoctorNick is offline   Reply With Quote