Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
craiggy20
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 26262
Vehicle:
01 01 2.5 RS
Blue

Default FS: 2.5 RS Turbo Kit

FS: 2.5 RS Turbo Kit

For sale is a 2.5 RS partial turbo kit I purchased from another Nasioc member for my 01 RS around six months ago and have not installed. I'm pretty sure it should fit a 93-01 RS. The Kit includes a set of LudeSpeed up and down pipes that have been Jet-Hot coated grey. They have been used, however, I'm pretty sure that they have not been used much since the coating has been applied as it looks fairly clean ( a few scuffs ). The downpipe has a high flow cat welded to it that has also been jet hot coated. I was told when I bought the kit that it only had a couple thousand miles on it and I will be happy to give you the forum members username if you are seriously interested so you can ask for yourself, however, to save him the hastle I'm not going to post it now and i will get his permission before forwarding people to him (I just dont want to be a pain in his butt). Upon his approval I will also be happy to provide a link to the original post. There are 3 total O2 bungs, two before the cat and one after. The cat has a 3" flange welded after it, you will probably need to cut this off and weld another flange or fix yourself up a custom exhaust. The downpipe is also going to need a bracket made for it to secure it to the transmission mount. The kit also comes with a Deltagate Mark II wastegate. Included are 3-5 and 7-9 psi springs. An oil pan with a return line is included. When I bought it, it supposodly had a small leak where the return tube entered it so I touched that area up with the welder to prevent any future leaking. You will probably want to paint over the bare area left because of the fix. I also believe I have the brackets to mount the cruise control on top of the ABS. Finally, the kit comes with a Garrett T-3 turbo. This is the turbo that came with the ludespeed kit that the up and down pipes came from. I was informed that it was leaking a little oil before it was removed and will need a rebuild. I can't feel any play in it's bearings from inspecting it from the outside so I assume that the oil problem is the only thing wrong with it. From looking around the net, a rebuild looks like it's gonna cost you $250-$300, you could either go about this through garrett (whom I have not checked with) or any other company willing to do the rebuild. The turbo has an inlet flange on it which is going to need to have another 90 degree bent piece to make it fit correctly. You will also have to go to the hardware store and purchase all the correct fittings to make the oil and water lines connect up. This kit does not come with an intercooler, however my father has a stock wrx intercooler he is willing to include for a reasonable price. A stock wrx intercooler requires some modification to make it fit. There are other things you will need with this kit such as a RRFPR, a computer such as a J&S or a factory ECU replacement. You will need to either make gaskets or purchase them for all of the exhaust fittings. In addition, you will need to purchase all tubing such as silicon hoses, oil lines, coolant lines and the fittings to make them work. I'm sure there are other small things that I have missed that you will need to complete a full turbo build up, however I expect that anyone attempting to turbo their RS will have read all of the related posts on this forum as well as the "so you want to turbo your RS" thread on the rs25 forum. Finally, you will need some ingenuity and mechanical aptitude. I'm not saying that turboing your rs is going to be impossible, but it will certainly be much more difficult for those who have trouble with this sort of stuff, and since I have not turbo'd my RS I may not be able to answer all of your questions. I think i paid $650 for the kit and would like to get around the same back for it. I will gladly ship it at your expense.

If there isn't enough interest, I will part out the kit, selling the up and down pipes on the forums and the more general parts (such as turbo, wastegate) on ebay.

If there is anything i missed or you simply have a question, please let me know.

Pictuers are coming soon....I forgot my university web account password and will get that taken care of soon.

Craig
craiggy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
8Complex

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)

Hey all - I was the original owner of all these components.

Yes, the turbo was blowing a bit of oil past the seals before it was removed. Even after I installed a oil feed line restrictor it still leaked a bit, so it probably just had a bit too much flow past it and damaged the seals before I was able to get the restrictor installed.

The pipes and wastegate have about 1-2k on them, and the turbo has less then 4k on it.
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
AK2.5RS
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 43893
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru WRX STI
WRB

Craig do you go to UW-Platteville?
AK2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote