Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #101
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 291770
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaruuwrx View Post
I will be comparing my six star speed 18g to my old Blouch 18GXT as soon as I get the car on the dyno Tuesday.
Fancy turbo you got there!
Brown Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #102
shamermedic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 382687

Alright
shamermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #103
shamermedic
Scooby Newbie

Alright guys so now after waiting 6 weeks and finally getting my turbo back from six star I was happier then a virgin with roofies at prom. Turbo looked great had it p and p and painted and all the other bells and whistles. Had my buddy throw it on who is a master mechanic and owns his own shop. You know what happens coolant starts leaking out from the bottom of my down pipe. Hes pulling it all apart tonight but tells me that pretty muched got a botched job on my turbo. So since everyone has such great advice on how to deal with these guys please let me know what to do now... put yourself in my shoes my patients has worn out...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #104
moss
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (66)

Member#: 10197
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Don't post on here...call them to discuss and if you can't deal with it ask your mechanic friend...
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #105
shamermedic
Scooby Newbie

Ill post it on here if I want to. Its the point of a discussion board. And it involves their work so this would be the right place. Id call them and ask them what they want to do about it if someone actually picked up their phones. I wont stand by and praise them like everyome else here so someone else can get jipped like me. I read all these little boards about them and nothing but good things. Well didnt go that way for me and I have every right to let the people know. So unless you can help me out in some way keep your comments to yourself jack.

Last edited by shamermedic; 04-23-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #106
moss
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamermedic View Post
Ill post it on here if I want to. Its the point of a discussion board. And it involves their work so this would be the right place. Id call them and ask them what they want to do about it if someone actually picked up their phones. I wont stand by and praise them like everyome else here so someone else can get jipped like me. I read all these little boards about them and nothing but good things. Well didnt go that way for me and I have every right to let the people know. So unless you can help me out in some way keep your comments to yourself jack.
They have a 2 year warranty on the product for a reason, so long as you have it installed by a mechanic at the shop: http://6starspeed.com/tuwa.html

Look, I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument, you may, but bitching about how to get in contact with them on the board is not going to help your situation. There are a couple ways to deal with this - 1.) Call, 2.) Email 3.) If payed with a credit card dispute the charge with the CC company 4.) Go to the place of business.

You are the first person I have seen to have an issue with their rebuild.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #107
shamermedic
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
They have a 2 year warranty on the product for a reason, so long as you have it installed by a mechanic at the shop: http://6starspeed.com/tuwa.html

Look, I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument, you may, but bitching about how to get in contact with them on the board is not going to help your situation. There are a couple ways to deal with this - 1.) Call, 2.) Email 3.) If payed with a credit card dispute the charge with the CC company 4.) Go to the place of business.

You are the first person I have seen to have an issue with their rebuild.
Thank you. That was the response I was looking for. Im only bitching because obviously everyone else was some how getting a quick response but me through this process. With that being said I did call and email last night and I did get a reaponse from jonathan this morning via phone and I was pretty surprised.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #108
nepbug
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (12)

Member#: 328631
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Quote:
Thank you. That was the response I was looking for. Im only bitching because obviously everyone else was some how getting a quick response but me through this process. With that being said I did call and email last night and I did get a reaponse from jonathan this morning via phone and I was pretty surprised.
Looking forward to hearing how this pans out, keep us posted.
nepbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #109
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
I wish you luck man. For a second I thought my rebuild was bad but once I started troubleshooting I realized it was installer error on my part. You live and you learn.

Keep us posted.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #110
moss
Scooby Guru

So just to inform everyone, 4/8 to 5/6

Very pleased with the turn around time to rebuild my VF48. I placed my order on 4/8 and received the turbo back on 5/6. I did have to follow up a few times via email, but Jonathan was prompt to respond.

Unfortunately I won't be able to install it until Mid-June since I'll be traveling until the beginning of June.

Last edited by moss; 05-12-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #111
rallyweapon11
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 318306
Chapter/Region: NESIC

I finally recieved my turbo as well dates we're approx 3/28 to 5/6. I was told most of the delay was due to the machining of the compressor housing, which I noted previously is probably outsourced work. I was originally quoted 8-10days turn around time so I wish I had known it was going to take a month +, however the work is top notch. The turbo looks prestine and it came back in very nice packaging to prevent any damage. I would recommend this service to anyone. Jonathan was very responsive the entire time and gave me frequent updates when I inquired.

I will be installing shortly after decideding to upgrage my oil feed lines to SS lines. Will post dyno charts after it gets tuned.
rallyweapon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #112
midnietwrx02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96339

3/28-5-6? You got lucky. I shipped mine in on 2/25 and just received it yesterday 5/11. 7-10 days turned into the latter part of 7-10 weeks. Work looks top notch however they sent me the wrong oil feed line for my vehicle so there are more delays now :/
midnietwrx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #113
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnietwrx02 View Post
3/28-5-6? You got lucky. I shipped mine in on 2/25 and just received it yesterday 5/11. 7-10 days turned into the latter part of 7-10 weeks. Work looks top notch however they sent me the wrong oil feed line for my vehicle so there are more delays now :/
Lol, I had the same problem with the oil feed line. It sure is a pain but they made it right by overnighting me the correct line.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 AM   #114
midnietwrx02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96339

They overnighted me one as well, install is in progress
midnietwrx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #115
rallyweapon11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318306
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Just in case anyone didn't know there's a service bulletin to remove oil filters in the oil feed banjo bolts. Also, it's recommended to upgrade your lines due to restrictions in the stock lines.

I had no issue with the SS line I was sent, perfect fit.
rallyweapon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 AM   #116
zapco
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17531
Vehicle:
04 STi

My VF39 was received on 4/21 and was told that the completion date was 5/12. I patiently waited and tried contacting them on the 13th. for an update. No response, waited a couple more days before trying to contact them again. I did receive a response this time stating that the billet wheels were on back order and it would not be done now until the end of the following week. This should be today or tomorrow but I will keep the board posted.

Patiently waiting.
zapco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #117
eckman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 96100
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
'06 Impreza WRX/STi

Anyone have dyno plots with said rebuilds?
eckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #118
evildriver
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193825
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy spec.B

My VF52 was received on 5/8, torn down and services confirmed by 5/12, 3 week turnaround. I was conservatively planning a 4 week turnaround in time for a stage 3 install and tune this weekend. Tried getting a progress update from Jonathan last week and followed up a couple times since, still haven't gotten a response. His communication was excellent up to the point I sent money. Hoping to hear from him soon but it looks like I'll be rescheduling...
evildriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #119
zapco
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
04 STi

Well last I heard from Jonathan was on the 15th stating that the people providing the billet wheels could not keep up with the demand and my turbo was going to be almost 2 weeks late. I'm now 3 weeks past original due date and over 6 weeks from the day they received it. I have e-mailed several times but have not had any response. This is becoming very frustrating. I hope the rest of you have had better luck than me so far. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #120
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapco View Post
Well last I heard from Jonathan was on the 15th stating that the people providing the billet wheels could not keep up with the demand and my turbo was going to be almost 2 weeks late. I'm now 3 weeks past original due date and over 6 weeks from the day they received it. I have e-mailed several times but have not had any response. This is becoming very frustrating. I hope the rest of you have had better luck than me so far. I'll keep you all posted.
Good luck man. You'll need it for sure!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #121
zapco
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
04 STi

Hey Subaruuwrx,

Did you ever get yours back on the dyno? If so how did it compare to the Blouch?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #122
subaruuwrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 356142
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 WRX

Due to problems unrelated to the turbo i still haven't gotten it on the dyno. Hopefully I'll have it on the dyno Friday
subaruuwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:01 AM   #123
zapco
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
04 STi

Well 1 month now past given due date and 7 weeks since turbo was received. Several more e-mails and v-mails with no response since the last on May 15th. The saga continues.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #124
Matt-4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 229342
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM

Damn I'm hoping to use them to modify my VF39. This is all a bit discouraging as I've spoke to them before and they were great to talk too and answered all my questions without me thinking "whaaa?"....I had a bad experience with another known company (won't go into details) and I was hoping 6 star would be a great option.
Matt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #125
Brown Ops
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STI
Java & satin black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-4 View Post
Damn I'm hoping to use them to modify my VF39. This is all a bit discouraging as I've spoke to them before and they were great to talk too and answered all my questions without me thinking "whaaa?"....I had a bad experience with another known company (won't go into details) and I was hoping 6 star would be a great option.
They are a great option but be prepared to wait. They did a great rebuild on my VF39.