Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 89738
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

Default CEL p1507 code. Please help Ive tried everything.

Hi,

I have a 2002 WRX. I havent been driving my car alot this summer opting to drive my other vehicle for better gas mileage. Well the other day I decided to drive my car to work which is a 1 mile, <10 minute hike. So about 2 minutes driving my car starts to idle around 2K and after another couple minutes it throws a CEL code. The drive home was the same.

I can tell you nothing has changed on the vehicle other than the fact it sat there maybe 5 days in the garage.

So when I get home I read the code which is, like the title says, p1507. I search for it on NASIOC and find things to try. Heres a list of what Ive done.

The first thing was to clean the IACV. I first used the Alcohol and qtip method. I also bought a new gasket. Reset the ECU and put it back together. Did nothing. I searched cleaning it some more and realized alot of people saying they replaced the valve. Since the thing costs close to $300 I wanted to know what goes bad to consider it replaceable. I took off the IACV sensor and figured out how the thing works. I turned the valve and felt it break the sticky position it was in. Obviously the first cleaning did nothing.

This time I decided to clean it with non cholinated brake cleaner and q-tips. Ater that I let gasoline soak in it. I then used LPS2 lubricant on the sucker. I noticed the valve would turn but its a little resistant. By little, I mean little. I put it back together knowing ALL the gunk is out of it and lubricated. I reset the ECU and started the car. It idles at 2K then dropped to 1500 then to 1250 where it stays now. So obviously it helped but its still idling high and the CEL is still on.

I decided to take it for a drive to try and seat the gasket. I made sure to stay out of boost and to keep the revs a little high. This didnt fix it.

I then readjusted the throttle cables and checked all my vacuum lines by spraying them with soapy water. No leaks.

To summarize:
- Car has a p1507.
- Idles around 1250.
- Normal idle is 500.
- No vacuum leaks found.
- Throttle cables adjusted fine.

Can someone please help me? I dont understand how replacing the IACV will solve the problem since mine does move. It is a little tough. Can anyone tell me if its supposed to rotate VERY loosely? Also, I shouldnt worry about replacing the sensor correct (that things another 300 bucks)?

Thank you.
Motts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #2
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

One more question. Does anyone know where I can find a new IACV for under $250 bucks. That is SUCH a HIGH price for something so simple.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

Today the CEL went away for awhile and the car idled around 1250. After about 15 minutes total driving time the CEL came back. I double checked the code and found that I also have the p0507 code. Does this help anyone make a suggestion on whats wrong?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
TMessick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 882
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
very blue

Auto or Manual? Found this for automagic:
http://www.endwrench.com/pdf/fuel/Di...odeInfoW99.pdf
TMessick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

No its actually a manual. Thanks though.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
rallymarty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17418
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
1968 Camaro SS/RS

try sourcing one from a junkyard or maybe finding someone parting out a wrecked car here in the forums or locally. good luck
rallymarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

Can you get these CEL codes if there is a vacuum leak? It seems that the p1507 and p0507 lights are a pretty common problem. Since the errors seem to be for Idle Control issues are the codes not specific to the IACV?
Old 08-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
Motts
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Aspen White

Bought a new IACV and put it on. Thing idles great now! I guess some IACV are just not able to be cleaned.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
Grover85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122689
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts
Can you get these CEL codes if there is a vacuum leak? It seems that the p1507 and p0507 lights are a pretty common problem. Since the errors seem to be for Idle Control issues are the codes not specific to the IACV?
Usally a vacuum leak sets a lean code.
Grover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
ejicon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2452
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue

what is a IACV. I just got this code in my 2002 RS an need to source it.. thank you.
-Ellz
ejicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
Al Werner
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 450429
Default Check the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
Replaced lots of parts on my 98 outback - fia ally noticed a loose bolt holding the grounding bracket to the engine. 1 min repair check your ground first!!!!!! To
Al Werner is offline   Reply With Quote