Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #601
Moore Performance
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 231489
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEPerformance View Post
I was looking at those or the Radium FST. Personally I'd love to do a fuel cell like stretch to shave off a few pounds but I just can't decide. It's just going to be 100% track use with e85 all the time. Once stretch posts up a few more pics of how he mounted his tank and ran his fuel lines then I'll decide I think. I will for sure keep you guys posted though if I do go that route. Money really isn't an issue I'm just never able to make up my mind.
The Radium stuff is really dang nice too! The engineering behind that stuff is impressive. Fuel cell all the way for a race car, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveCougarBait View Post
Thanks for the PM back..I appreciate it. I'm ready to have this wrapped up soon...but now it appears old man winter wont let go! It sucks...talked to some friends today while up at work and they are itching to get their cars out too it seems.
Yeah! We are supposedly getting blasted with snow tonight. Luckily we got our 3" BRZ exhaust on and tested before the blizzard of '13!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02subaruwrxnc View Post
Something you gentlemen should consider, and something I am planning to do on the track car, is a Fuel Safe cell with a built in high volume low pressure pump that fills an internal surge tank in the cell. You can then use a pair of external pumps (the setup MP recommended looks excellent) to do the pumping duties to the engine bay.

It is a much more elegant solution than many I have seen. Credit to Sierra Sierra for the inspiration.

Wallace
Very nice! Best of all worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG08 View Post
I never got an email either. Just wondering when they will be here.
Pm'd you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ20cosworth View Post
Can you still get any of these items?
Yes, but not via through the group buy. PM is for your particular needs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Moore Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #602
Deraj_53
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 115139
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
1998 2.5 RS
EJ207 Version 8 swapped

any word on the headers?
Deraj_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #603
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (21)

Member#: 170602
Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Quote:
Yeah I went through about 4the cans of engine degreaser and 2how cans of brake clean and a container of mineral spirits to prep it for primer and paint. I used just a heavy duty engine enamel. No one will ever see it but I take my time on my car and do it all right. Like my underside I took about a week and sanded off all the loose rust and painted with rust encapsulator from eastwood and then herculiner over that. Then all my hub assemblies, diff, diff carrier have all been sand blasted and re-powdercoated. Its basically a showroom car again except with a 2.1 EJ207 a Crawford CP30r, and a roll cage lol.

Reason I ask you about your fuel cell stretch is because aim looking to do the same and there isnt much to work off of on the forums on how people do it. I am looking to run e85 and intank pumps just womt cut it so I figured if I am going to do an external pump with surge tank lets go all out.
Saweet man. And yeah I've seen a bunch of these setups so I had a good idea of what I liked about them and what I didn't. Tonight when I get off the tug ill post about my findings. Pros and cons.

And yes that trans is baller man! Great job.
stretchedk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #604
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Quote:

Ships via bicycle messanger. Takes about 3 months lol.
Hahaha lol
Old 03-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #605
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Quote:

I was looking at those or the Radium FST. Personally I'd love to do a fuel cell like stretch to shave off a few pounds but I just can't decide. It's just going to be 100% track use with e85 all the time. Once stretch posts up a few more pics of how he mounted his tank and ran his fuel lines then I'll decide I think. I will for sure keep you guys posted though if I do go that route. Money really isn't an issue I'm just never able to make up my mind.
Hahaha...............once you see mine you won't want no stock tank stuff

Alot of work though but form and function are spot on. I predict 70-80 percent duty cycle at the most in the 35-40 psi range on the 95 lb/min turbo
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #606
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Also since there's all the fuel talk, I'd like to say I don't recommend what I did for everyone however I have had many different fuel setups and this one unfortunately is what I needed. Most ppl probably won't have the needs I have fuel wise. I setup the system with many factors in mind so that it would work properly and flow like a beast.

Also I set everything up so that if I'm not happy with the Weldon 2035a pump I can go to a 3000 hp capable pump.......or say if my 2035 won't keep up on methanol fuel I can easily swap pumps.

-12 feed/-8 return
Fuel cell foam stuffed in cell (e85 safe and methanol)
70 am relay -8 gauge power -10 for everything else.

Comes on with ignition

Weldon pumps don't like head pressure as well as the really dont like having to suck hard to get fuel from cell. Two important things to think about. Also loud as hell without voltage controller.

I anticipate 8-1000 whp which is why I went stupid on the pump and line setup. I'm not a stickler for super perfect low speed drivability I just want the massive top end power. pics tomorrow or Saturday guys . Off tug tomorrow afternoon.

Then mount cell, wire fuel pump bolt it down,
Run a few lines, install the fuel line tie downs and such.

Also will put the correct springs in my wastegates. Looks like the 4 spring combo for 18.6 ish psi is what I'll use. That way I'm good till about 35-38 psi using side port of wg
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #607
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

ok ill post more complete pics soon but heres a few

as a side note, anytime a fuel cell is in the car your supposed to have a firewall. ill be building one soon. also, as youll see i decided to keep my fuel pump inside the car so its not affected by weather and water, the weldon pumps dont seem to mind being level with the fuel cell/fuel source.

Also, instead of cutting the aluminum sheet and putting the fuel cell sump under the car i decided to weld some angle on it and raise it up. simple, effective, not worried about center of gravity to much as its really a straightline highway car lol. anyway some pics

Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #608
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

oops dbl post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #609
Moore Performance
Former Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj_53 View Post
any word on the headers?
PM'd you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchedk7 View Post
Also since there's all the fuel talk, I'd like to say I don't recommend what I did for everyone however I have had many different fuel setups and this one unfortunately is what I needed. Most ppl probably won't have the needs I have fuel wise. I setup the system with many factors in mind so that it would work properly and flow like a beast.

Also I set everything up so that if I'm not happy with the Weldon 2035a pump I can go to a 3000 hp capable pump.......or say if my 2035 won't keep up on methanol fuel I can easily swap pumps.

-12 feed/-8 return
Fuel cell foam stuffed in cell (e85 safe and methanol)
70 am relay -8 gauge power -10 for everything else.

Comes on with ignition

Weldon pumps don't like head pressure as well as the really dont like having to suck hard to get fuel from cell. Two important things to think about. Also loud as hell without voltage controller.

I anticipate 8-1000 whp which is why I went stupid on the pump and line setup. I'm not a stickler for super perfect low speed drivability I just want the massive top end power. pics tomorrow or Saturday guys . Off tug tomorrow afternoon.

Then mount cell, wire fuel pump bolt it down,
Run a few lines, install the fuel line tie downs and such.

Also will put the correct springs in my wastegates. Looks like the 4 spring combo for 18.6 ish psi is what I'll use. That way I'm good till about 35-38 psi using side port of wg

coming together nicely man!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #610
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

thanks mang
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #611
MKEPerformance
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326356
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'03 Stroked Bugeye
Gunmetal

So are you road racing or anything? Because I know NASA requires a fia ft3 rated fuel cell with a bladder inside. Been looking at fuel safe and atl setups, just dont know which one will fit best.
MKEPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #612
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

No sir, its my daily lol. Or more like play toy and dragger. Ill make a aluminum plate to separate the trunk and driver compartment in case of fire but other than that ill leave it as it.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #613
MKEPerformance
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326356
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'03 Stroked Bugeye
Gunmetal

Want to head on over to Wisconsin and build a fuel setup for me? Lol you using an alternative fuel level guage or doing without?
MKEPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #614
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

I ended up buying a fuel cell without for weight reasons, I'm starting to get serious about saving weight. Looks like I need to drop 500 pounds. It is super easy though to wire up a gm fuel level sensor.

And sure I'd build you one!! I'm sure the more I do the better they will get. Mine was just a simple one that would get the job done.!

Noticed yesterday the fuel cell wasn't straight. Loosened bolts and twisted it straight. Then spent some time with the tape measure. It's about 1/16 off from being perfect so I'm kinda :/. Really don't want to take bolts out and fix it but I might! It's just 4 bolts that go through fuel cell and aluminum frame just ready to move on to wiring and finish it!

If I went from 5/16 drill bit to just a bit bigger that would give me a little more play and I could get the fuel cell twisted that last 1/16 inch so it would be straight but none of my friends noticed it by eyeball so I guess I could leave it but its Gonna eat at me.

Yesterday starting wiring the 70 amp relay and getting ready to mount fuel pump and filter and run the lines. Pics soon
Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #615
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Also if you look in the pic where I have the fuel ljnes laying by fuel cell, I was going to use those straight fittings, but as you see 45 degree fittings would be much better so I am going to swap those. Will look cleaner and the 45 degree fittings shouldn't effect flow much, maybe 1-2 percent flow restriction if that.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #616
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Back to work tomorrow at midnight. Moore performance email me some good news soon .

Modded sub frame today, and mounted fmic and one pipe. modded bov location. will weld new flange on tomorrow.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #617
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Heading to work!! MP- I noticed nobody makes a cap for a tial bov flange. So If I really need to move bov placement. Ill have to cut off flange and weld on a plate. Already have new flange. Ill wait and see if it fits before I cut off existing one.

They make little plates to cover ewg flanges. Someone should machine a plate for bov flanges, that way you can put plate on v band it tght and and at a later point still use that flange for bov if needed.

Anyway if anybody wants to bs hmu. Gets boring at sea.

[email protected]
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #618
Moore Performance
Former Vendor

Quote:
Heading to work!! MP- I noticed nobody makes a cap for a tial bov flange. So If I really need to move bov placement. Ill have to cut off flange and weld on a plate. Already have new flange. Ill wait and see if it fits before I cut off existing one.

They make little plates to cover ewg flanges. Someone should machine a plate for bov flanges, that way you can put plate on v band it tght and and at a later point still use that flange for bov if needed.

Anyway if anybody wants to bs hmu. Gets boring at sea.

[email protected]
Emailed ya back Rob!! IC stuff looks good! And I have a clearer pic on the engine bay - I think that big snail will fit in there nicely

Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #619
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

I'm super excited!! Counting down!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #620
Moore Performance
Former Vendor

wont be long now bruthur!!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #621
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

I hope not!!! Been sitting in car making turbo noises last few months. Have done enough mouth anti lag noises for the neighbors to think I'm really off in the head. I always get busted when I think nobody is looking!!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #622
Moore Performance
Former Vendor

Quote:
I hope not!!! Been sitting in car making turbo noises last few months. Have done enough mouth anti lag noises for the neighbors to think I'm really off in the head. I always get busted when I think nobody is looking!!
Hahahaha! I hear ya! We did the same thing with the bugeye shop beast last night! Hopefully it will make its own noises soon as well. Bang bang!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #623
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

hell ya!! bang bang...... bang bang!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #624
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

fuel cell hose routing to fuel filter/pump is done. and as soon as i have time ill run the fuel cell vent and fuel return line from cell to engine bay. then will post pics. it loooks great!! super awesome.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #625
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

any word MOORE PERFORMANCE??? !!! getting close?

is there anything i can do to help ?