Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-17-2000, 05:01 AM   #1
OG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Black LGT wagon
2000 Silverado

Talking I drove my friends Y2k GT Ltd to VT.

That car is sweet. I almost think it handles better than my RS . It was amazingly easy to drive fast. I was trying to watch my speed but I kept creeping up to 90. It's definitely quieter than my '97 OB. It just needs about 50hp more to make use of the wonderful chassis.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2000, 06:12 AM   #2
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
GDA- D, GDA-A, VAG-A
GDA-A - ShinjiTuned

OG, I must say as well, I was quite surprised at the improvements Subaru made with the new Legacy. I'm not saying that the second generation was bad, because it was and still is a fantastic car, but IMHO, the new Legacy GT has a little more of a driver's feel to it, a bit more like my Legacy Turbo. Another thing that I like about it is that for some reason while sitting in the driver's seat, I get the impression that the car is smaller then what it is. My Mom's 98 GT Ltd just "feels" like a bigger car then the 00'. I know in some areas the 00' is fractionally smaller but not enough for someone to actually notice it. Maybe it's just me. In any case, I think the new GT's are easily worth every penny of their price.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2000, 03:50 PM   #3
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

I agree, the new Legacy is a very smooth machine. I think it actually feels bigger, but I guess that just depends on the driver.

As for the extra 50hp, wait for the H6. Should be here in the next couple months. I've "spoken" with a guy via email who works in the Legacy plant. I'm not sure exactly what he does (he saw my Legacy listed in my sig on a Mustang board and sent me an email saying "I probably built your car!"), so I don't know exactly how reliable his info is. Anyway, he said it's going to 220hp, and the new car manager at the local dealership said 215hp. So there you go. Right now I'm just praying for a stick shift - apparently the H6 will only come with an auto initially. If they put a stick in it I'll be trading up next year I'm sure.

Pat Olsen
'99 Legacy 2.5GT 5 speed sedan
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote