Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
CasperForester
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212713
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2000 Forester
White

Default Aveo Turbo kit

I was wondering what is the pro's and con's of the kit? I have a 2000 forester, I can get my hands on a spare motor and trans. I was thinking about boosting the spare motor and trans. That way i have one motor and trans that are still runable incase the turbo is just to much. What do you guys/gals think? Like do it if I have the money for just wrx swap it?
CasperForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Harenil
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93071
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L EJ22G
(Hybrid EJ22T/EG20G)

Do you mean AVO turbo kit? I doubt a kit for a Chevi Aveo kit would fit all that well on your car. If you are wondering what the pros and cons are, why don't you do a simple search to find out? It's been discussed many times. I do not whether the AVO it fits the Forester or not.

If you got the money for a WRX swap, I would just do that unless you know what you're doing.
Harenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
CasperForester
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212713
Vehicle:
2000 Forester
White

well I have been looking into both the wrx swap, the avo kit, and a home made kit(which is pretty much everything off a wrx and bolt it onto my car). But I don't know what route to take, 4k for the avo kit, about 4k for the swap, and I pretty much have made a list of parts I was wanting to do to my car.
which is:
motor:800
trans: roughly 400
TDO4 turbo: anywhere from 400+
up&down pipe: depends on who I go thro
turbo cross member: 600
TMIC: depends on source
jdm turbo hood: about 400 used

So I mean it depends on what everyone else has done sucessfully. and made it work, the avo kit i havn't heard much, the swap I have only seen a few done..
CasperForester is offline   Reply With Quote