Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 126593
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

Default 2008 Project STI Photo Journal

--> Click here to subscribe for updates! <--

I am a little behind with this picture journal, but I should have the time to get it current. This is a work in progress and more pics are onthe way!

----------------------------------

TABLE OF CONTENTS (each bolded post is clickable)

Post #1: Initial Announcement: 0% Financing = Perfect time to get back into an STI
Post #2: The Story leading up to the purchase
Post #3: First Mod! Tint installed
Post #4-9: Field Trip to Nitto's warehouse, SSR Type F Wheels, The Car Lab (X-Brace), a Subaru mystery pic and more...
Post #11: Virgin, lightweight SSRs painted SEXY Aspen White
Post #12: Nitto NT05s mounted and high-speed balanced
Post #13: Quest for Lug Nuts ends
Post #14: SSRs installed and a review of the Nitto NT05 tires
Post #29: Review of crossing the 1,000 mile threshold
Post #30-31: The Brake Man Time Attack Subaru rotors installed (prototype sheds 20 lbs of unsprung, rotating mass)
Post #33: Dual FILTERMAGs How-To Install Completed
Post #35: TWMPerformance M1 Abrams Weighted Shift Knob Arrived
Post #36: Cobb AccessPORT Arrived
Post #37: Crawford Performance Stage 1 Map Installed & Reviewed
Post #38-40: Buttonwillow Raceway Track Testing & Pictures
-----------------------------------------------------

It feels great to be back in an STI although I never thought I would buy the hatch, but over time it grew on me and I couldn't pass up getting one when Subaru came up with their promotional 0% financing in December of 08. More to come...

Last edited by hspn; 04-28-2009 at 06:23 PM.
hspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

THE STORY

In early November, a friend posted on the forum that Subaru rolled out a 0% financing offer to move 2008 models and make room for the 2009 models. When Chris Kaminski from Heuberger Motors contacted me and inquired about my interest level about buying a new Subaru, I explained that I was in the midst of a decision to either purchase a 135i or an STI. The 3 year lease on the Tribeca I acquired to haul stuff around for work was coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to get back into another performance vehicle.

In June of 2003, I picked up one of the first STIs that arrived in North America. At the time, every dealer in California with 2004 STIs in stock marked up the STIs several thousands of dollars above MSRP, forcing me to look outside the state. I used Subaru's dealer locator tool and called almost every dealer with inventory West of the Mississippi River. Only two dealerships had the color I wanted: Platinum Silver Metallic; one in Colorado and another in Utah.

To make a long story short, I flew to Utah to pick up and drive home my first Subaru ever, let alone first STI. That car was responsible for the rebirth of my mod addiction and I became all too familiar what the term 'JDM' stood for and the premium price tag it carried. JDM S202 Titanium Exhaust, JDM Spec-C Black seats and interior, JDM Recaro Sport Seats, JDM Pinks and Group N Mounts, JDM Spec-C Carbon Fiber Front Strut Bar, JDM Fog Lights, and a JDM Ring & Pinion Conversion were just a few of the JDM goodies I scored directly from Japan at different times during the life of the STI. It was a dream come true when I got the chance to travel to Japan, ride in, and film the Subaru STI S204.

In 2006, I needed a vehicle that could carry several passengers comfortably and carry around a lot of camera gear when needed. The 2006 Subaru Tribeca was out and the promotions Subaru rolled out to get more of these on the road was too appealing to pass up. Unfortunately, the dual Subaru family didn't last. I sold the STI so I could invest the money in the company.

Three years later, my interest in acquiring another performance vehicle surfaced and the 135i looked very appealing for its performance numbers and aftermarket mod potential. It offered zero utility, but the 135i had a twin-turbocharged motor that produced similar performance numbers as the STI and it was a step up in terms of styling. In spite of similar starting price tags (the 135i's price climbs much quicker and higher as more options are added), I was still in love with Subaru's All Wheel Drive system. I knew it was going to take a little more to get me to pull the trigger on the 135i and I decided to wait and see how my friend's 135i performed with an ECU and exhaust upgrade.

That day never came. When Chris told me about the other incentives Subaru was offering to move the 2008 STI, I was sold. Those incentives made the STI such an incredible bargain that any Subaru enthusiast would snatch up an STI before all of the the 2008 STIs were gone.

Chris and I did the math. I determined that navigation and bluetooth weren't necessary and I didn't care for the BBS wheels because I expected to replace the wheels and tires within a short time of owning the car. Chris didn't even pressure me to make an initial offer. Instead, he gave me the best deal without negotiating so, of course, I said, "What's the catch?" He explained that this was how Heuberger Motors did business; they like to win customers who will then come back for their next Subaru and refer their family and friends. I suppose that their business philosophy is working since Heuberger sells the most Subarus in the country and is on pace this year to set the record for most Subarus sold in a year in North America.

The deal was done in November, but I remained torn on what color to get so I decided to seek the advice of fellow enthusiasts while working with a designer to create various mockups of a complete car wrap (graphics package). The designer came recommended because his designs have appeared on several cars featured on the covers of various performance magazines. With the advice of some friends and fellow enthusiasts as well as the mockups the designer sent me, I narrowed down my color choice between either Obsidian Black Pearl or Aspen White.

Unfortunately, Chris explained that they had sold out of the these colors in the short time since we last spoke; customers had gobbled up 20+ STIs from Heuberger Motors at this point. Chris mentioned that more STIs in those colors were scheduled to arrive, but they came the BBS and fog light package. I told him that I needed another week to think about it since it added another $2,000 to the price tag.

The first week of December was upon us and an upcoming vacation meant that I had to make a decision. I called Chris's cell phone and asked him whether he had any Aspen White STIs left on the lot from the latest batch delivered from the docks. "One of your members flew in and picked up their STI today, and I sold another white one to another guy on the forums. Only one remains."

"I decided on the Aspen White. Put a sold sign on it and let me know when we can get it on a car carrier and delivered," I said.

I arranged for the car to be delivered to a friend's house since I was out of town until December 28th. I remember flying back into LA, driving to my friend's house, opening the garage, and seeing the car for the first time. I had always loved Aspen White and everyone in the automotive industry seems to agree that white makes the perfect sponsor canvas on any project vehicle.

From a distance, I noticed that the car was filthy. It came on a 12 car transport with 11 other STIs delivered between here and Colorado. The open trailer combied with the weather front that slammed the West Coast in early December covered the cars with dirt and grime, but some Subarus still look good dirty!

The paperwork I had signed stated that the STI had 12 miles on it. Of course, I immediately checked the odometer to see whether anybody had any fun with it between the time it left the dealership and arrived on the trailer. Sure enough, it still had 12 miles!

The car fired right up and that oh so familiar boxer sound filled the parking garage. On the drive home, I studied the STI's dash board and instrumentation cluster. The STI's SI-Drive was the first thing that stood out. In fact, a small solid triangle blinked when the RPM reached approximately 3,000 rpm. A quick review of the panel identified this as a shift indicator light that appears when SI-Drive is in Intelligent Mode and reflects the optimal shift point to acheive maximum fuel economy. This became the first of many educational experiences related to some of the new technology and features in the new STI.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

TINT INSTALLED

Wow, tint can make such a big difference in how the STI looks! Its 50% (lightest on the front) and 35% (next darkest) on the rest of the windows. The tint on the front window cuts down the glare at night (from bright headlights) and keeps the car cool during the day. Great recommendation Ben!

Full Gallery here

Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

FIELD TRIP TO NITTO's WAREHOUSE

A friend who manages an advertising account for Nitto Tire told me that Nitto expected to release the brand new Nitto NT-05 tire in February. Apparently, the company is excited about the tire because some independent tests put it ahead of other high performance, non-competition street tires in the same class with a similar tread rating.

Not one to say no to free tires, I agreed to provide a genuine review of the tire in exchange for a set of tires in the stock size: 245/40/18. That conversation took place in November shortly after I bought the car. Seeing as though I needed a new set of wheels to go with the tires, I researched a variety of the lightweight wheel options on the market. Before I made a decision, Kevin at Garage Tuning announced a sale for 50% off SSR Wheels on December 8th so I jumped on it.

I canceled my meetings and drove down to SSR's warehouse the next day to meet a representative from Kevin's shop. He introduced me to the warehouse manager and we discussed the different sizes available in the Type F at the 50% discount. I know that a lot of people like the look of the more aggressive offsets, including myself, but anything less than the +50 offset in the 18x9.0 Type F would require custom fender rolling, coilovers, and some aggressive camber.

I took home a set of gold 18x9.0 +50 Type Fs and they are beautiful:

This was my first experience buying a major mod before I took delivery of the vehicle on which it would be installed; my STI was en route from Colorado at the time. I guess I am a tad bit superstitious because I avoided posting a member journal before my car arrived for fear that it be destroyed by one of the crazy West Coast winter storms while en route on the 12 car trailer.

I never received an email sent by my friend, informing me that a set of Nitto tires awaited my pickup over 80 miles away in Nitto tire warehouse in Ontario, Caliornia. I received a phone call in the early morning on December 30th after I returned from vacation. I was told that I had until the end of business day on December 31st to pick them up. I couldn't go that day, so I decided that I would take the STI out on its first long drive early the next morning.

With just over 100 miles on the car...

I left early in the morning on new Year's Eve to a backdrop of mountains lightly covered in snow...

I used Google Maps on my phone to navigate to Nitto's location in Ontario. Relying on my phone for directions was frustrating since I became accustomed to the Tribeca's navigation system, which announces directions to the driver. It makes life so much easier when traveling long distances or in unfamiliar areas.

As if I wasn't frustrated enough, there were no signs on the building other than a relatively small Toyo Tires sign on the side.

The parking lot had a number of cars, so people were obviously working inside. I parked the STI and approached the first set of doors. They were locked. I returned to the car and drove around the front of the building to another set of doors.

I parked in a different parking lot this time and decided to bring my camera for some member journal pics. As I walked into the waiting room, I noticed some Toyo Tire posters hanging on the wall. Still, no evidence that this was a Nitto tire warehouse (as if that wasn't clear to me already) and that I needed to go out to the side street that paralleled the building. There I would see a guard gate and a security guard would provide me with further direction.

(cont'd below)
Old 02-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

FIELD TRIP TO NITTO's WAREHOUSE (cont'd)

I thanked her and walked out to the car. When I drove down the side street, there wasn't a guard shack. I came to the end of the property and wondered what the chances were that I'd return home empty handed. I decided to do a U-turn and see what was behind a closed gate that I passed while driving down the side street...

As I pulled closer, I noticed this faded sign posted on the gate.

I honked my horn and waited to see what would actually happen. An older looking man in a security uniform appeared with this dumbfound look on his face. After a brief conversation, I was relieved to discover I had found the right place. The security officer couldn't stop admiring the car, telling me that he was a hardcore American muscle car guy but these Japanese high-performance cars had grown on him. He pointed to a door and told me that I could find Will call just inside. As I pulled further down the driveway and past the gate, I noticed the guard shack the young woman told me to look for while driving down the side street. It was tucked behind the fence and outside of view from the street. At this point, I was just glad that I located the Nitto Will Call area. I parked and got out of my car. All I could heard was a constant coming from inside the warehouse.

When I walked through the door, I saw tens of thousands of tires stacked on pallets in this enormous warehouse. Forklifts with pallets raced up and down the aisles moving pallets of tires into 18 Wheelers prepared to deliver the tires to retailers across the country.

Here is a Panormic view that I put together using a few images:

(cont'd below)
Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

The smell of burnt rubber is bad, but the smell of the new tires still curing in this warehouse wasn't much better. I actually got a headache while waiting inside for them to complete the paperwork and bring the tires to the dock where I could load them into the STI. After about 20 minutes, a forklift dropped off a complete set of Nitto NT-05 Tires (245/40/18).

I knew the NT-05s had been designed to be one of the best non-competitive, high performance tires, but it wasn't until I saw the aggressive tread pattern did I believe it. The large blocks on the outside of the tire looks like it will provide some serious grip, especially with the incredibly soft rubber. I am guessing this will be a very popular street, track, auto-cross tires for the enthusiast that also uses the STI as a daily driver.

Notice the two large channels that extend around the tire. They provide/enhance traction on wet surfaces. I have owned high performance tires with similar channels in the past, but none of them came with angled cuts in the edges of the rubber contact patches like the NT-05s. During track days and spirited canyon runs, the performance tires I used in the past began to chunk and lose their maximum grip from the heat that built up in the tire.

If the angled cuts in the NT-05 allow the tire to resist this chunking, then it may not only prolong the life of the tire but also maintain the tire's grip when you need it most. Either way, these tires look like they are going to be a lot of fun on both the track and the street.

cont'd below
Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

I folded down the rear seats of the STI, laid down some plastic, wrapped each tire in its own bag, and placed all 4 tires just over the rear seats between the two rear doors, leaving plenty of additional space.

Transporting a set of 18" tires in my 2004 STI would have left a lot less space or extra room nor would it have been as easy; I am not sure that even the BMW 135i that I considered purchasing could fit a complete set of 18" tires.

Before I left Ontario, I called Eric Noble, the head The Car Lab, manufacturer of the X-Brace. We originally scheduled a meeting later in the week and I was already far away from home and only 40 miles from his office. So if he was available, it would save me a lot of time. He said that I should come on down and gave me directions.

I immediately recognized Eric's car when I pulled into The Car Lab's parking lot. He was one of the lucky ones who picked up one of the STI Limiteds that came with leather interior, STI front lip spoiler, Black Brembo brakes, and a low profile spoiler (instead of the huge rear STI trunk spoiler).

Posted on the walls above the parking spaces were signs that showed off The Car Lab's enthusiasm for dealing with problems in a creative way:

Eric showed me around the office for the first time (I had only been to their fabrication shop where they work on project cars). Some Fuji Heavy Industry executives gave Eric this when he did a job for Subaru of Japan. Can you guess what it is?

The design of an X-Brace for the GR-Series platform is already in the works and Eric said he wanted to use my car for the prototype. If the X Brace for the GR STi is as effective as the GD STI X Brace, then we will have yet another part for the GR cars.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

Being New Year's Eve, we concluded the meeting early and I met up with Torsten at Chili's across the street from Dromo1, which played host to Subie Extravaganza just a few months ago. I never realized this until I parked next to Eric's GD earlier that day and Torsten's GD in the parking lot of Chili's: The GR is taller, wider, and longer than I thought.

Torsten and I continued to discuss different ideas for the graphics scheme that will go on the car, but never ultimately decided anything . I left Chili's and met up with some of our NASIOC SCIC crew at Katsuya in Glendale for some premium Sushi and drinks.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

We celebrated New Years and went home sober a few hours later. After all of the day's driving, my odometer showed 288 miles, 1/4 of the way to the 1,000 mile marker!

The night before I left, my average miles per gallon was:

When I got back after this trip, my average miles per gallon had climbed to:

Right now I am thinking about having the wheels painted, but I still have an appointment on Tuesday to have the tires mounted and wheels balanced. I would say its 50/50 right now. If you know of a great wheel painter, PM me.

More to come
Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
JayPee02WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136034
Vehicle:
02 BugEye
PSM

pretty sick little journal haha i love the smell of burnt rubberrrrr.
lovin the white sti too
JayPee02WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

SSRs RECEIVE SEXY ASPEN WHITE PAINT

I didn't want to keep the traditional and well respected Gold on White look. I wanted something different so I headed over to a company that repaits, paints, and refinishes wheels for customers all over the country, TRU Wheel. There I met Mike who owned the company that had 20+ years of experience in the industry.

I have never painted aftermarket wheels, so I asked him to tell me a little bit about the process. As he did, he took me through the warehouse and showed me the operation. I left him the SSR Type Fs and gave him the Aspen White paint code.

I returned a few days later and picked up the now one-of-a-kind Aspen White SSR Type Fs. They looked beautiful and I thought his company did an awesome job! I highly recommend them (if you need a referral for a bent rim or you want to paint or fix your rim, PM me and I can send you these preferred customer cards he gave me to pass out).

I know my camera isn't top notch but I did my best to get some photos; Enjoy!:

Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

NITTO NT05S MOUNTED AND HIGH SPEED BALANCED

Its too late to mount them on the car and it was raining here at the time, so I had wait until the weekend to install them. Enjoy!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

QUEST FOR LUG NUTS ENDS

Someone told me that I should look into the various lug nut options for the SSR wheels because most lug nuts will scratch or strip the paint on the surface where the lug nut meets the rim. Some companies manufacture two-piece lug nuts that allow one piece to contact and seat on the rim without spinning while the lug is torqued down. I ended up going with the Project Kics R40s since they come with an attached piece that twists independent from the actual lug nut. This piece seats against the wheel as the lug nut spins so the wheel doesn't get scratched. I also picked up some lug nut sockets that will not scratch the wheel or the lug nuts.

I am working on a post with more pics now, but I thought I would give everyone a taste of the sexiness:

I am working on my post now, but I thought I would give everyone a taste of the sexiness :

Old 02-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #14
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

SSRs INSTALLED AND NITTO NT05 TIRES REVIEWED ON THE TRACK

On Monday, I picked up the Project Kics R40 lug nuts.

That night I put together a list of items to bring to the track, but it appeared that I might need to shorten the list or find some extra room in someone else's car. The list included the following items and I figured there was no possible way everything would fit in the GR Series STI:

Valentine 1 (for the drive up and back)
Cooler
DriftBox Timing Device
First-Aid Kit
SSR Type F Wheels & Nitto NT05 Tires
EZ Up Tent
Project Kics Lug Nuts
Breaker Bar
Extension
Torque wrench
Lug Nut Sockets (17mm & 19mm)
4 chairs
2 wheel chocks
Painters Tape
Video Camera Equipment (including tripod)
Driving Shoes & Socks
Driving Gloves
2 Helments
2 Computers
2 quarts of oil
Tire Gauge
Quick Detailer
Cleaner Wax
Microfiber towels
Blanket
3 Regular sized towels (for cushioning between the items)

I was wrong! At 1:30 A.M. Tuesday morning, the STI's hatch closed without issue. w00t!!!

All of the items fit with the backseats down and I still had room for a passenger in the front seat. I must admit, my previous generation STI never fit this amount of gear. The new STi's utility is outstanding.

With a little less than 5 hours of sleep, I started the STI. 52 degrees displayed on the temperature gauge in the center of the dashboard. Our destination was Willow Springs International Raceway, the fastest track in the West and probably one of the most dangerous with its infamous Turn 9. We pulled up to the gate less than an hour after we left the house. We were in the high desert and the temperature gauge now read 34 degrees.

Unloading the car took a fraction of the time it did to load it.

Our first lapping session was called as my dad and I applied blue tape to the painted areas of the vehicle that are subject to chipping while on the track.

I left the car completely stock to get a baseline impression of its performance on the track. The first two sessions were spent dialing the car in. The stock Dunlop tires ultimately needed ~48 psi up front and ~45.5 psi in the rear to extract their maximum performance. Still, these not the highest performance tires on the market so their performance on the track begins to decline after 6-8 laps around the 2.5 mile course at Willow Springs. As their performance declined, the tires failed to transition as well and the car failed to corner as effectively. The car couldn't maintain the same 110+ speeds through turn 8 and into 9, and the car's rear end wanted to come out while accelerating out of the turns.

After my third session on the stock Dunlop tires, it was time to move on to the new NT05 high performance tires supplied by Nitto. If you have been following my journal, then you are probably eagerly awaiting to see how the Aspen White SSR Type Fs look on the car. You can see pics below.

Last weekend, we weighed the wheels and tires. On the same scale, a stock Dunlop tire and BBS wheel weighed 47.3 lbs and a Nitto NT05 with an SSR Type F weighed 43.9 lbs for a weight savings of 3.4 lbs of unsprung, rotating mass per corner , which was just enough to notice a very slight improvement in the acceleration. Its difficult to attribute the noticeable improvement in handling to the reduction of unsprung, rotating mass since the weight savings coincided with the installation of the Nitto tires.

I immediately heard noise normally associated with R-compound tires as I pulled out of my parking space in the pits. The tires were so sticky that every rock, pebble, or piece of sand in their path stuck to the tire until the centrifugal force associated with tire rotation separated them from the tire. This debris than bounced off the inside of the fender wells in addition to the areas of the body behind the wheels. This is the number one reason for the blue tape enthusiasts apply to their cars while at the track.

Regardless of a tire's stickiness, most performance tires pick up the sand or silt on the road and that sand or silt eventually separates from the tire while the tire is spinning, creating a bead blast effect against the body's paint. This is more pronounced at the track because of the dirt and sand that ends up on the pavement comes from sand poured on the track to clean up oil spills or a car dropping a wheel or flying off into the infield, throwing dirt back onto the track.

I know Subaru's WRX ad reads 'Buy Stock In Rubber,' but the ad tailored to track enthusiasts should read 'Buy Stock In Blue Tape' because it does such an excellent job while no adverse consequences.

Cont'd below
Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

SSRs INSTALLED AND NITTO NT05 TIRES REVIEWED ON THE TRACK (cont'd)

I took a full two laps to warm up the tires and burn off their outter production layer to expose some fresh rubber. The sidewalls of the Nittos didn't roll over at all while I was on the track. I stayed out a longer time during the run session and completed lap after lap after lap. The transitioning was amazing especially in downhill situations when most of the car's weight sits across the front wheels. The extra grip provided by the softer Nitto compound was impressive. I never felt as though the tires lost grip even after consecutive laps into the double digits. Even when I pulled off after 15 laps to check the tire temperature, the tires didn't feel like they were too hot; usually, you should use a pyrometer, which tells you the surface temperate of the tire but I didn't have one at the time.

More than anything, these tires really stood up to the abuse dished out by Turns 8 and 9 at Willow Springs. I entered and exited high speed corners at greater speeds, and I was able to break much deeper into the corners. While I didn't get any times that would allow me to compare lap times, some people who drove with me on both sets of tires mentioned that it felt as though I drove the car faster with the Nittos.

During this whole experience, I consistently drove at 85% of the car's limits because I didn't want to destroy the brakes, transmission, or tires, or just the car in general. If someone were to ask me whether I'd buy the NT05s for use on the track and the street, I would highly recommend this tire especially after getting a chance to drive the car in the rain with the NT05s. The tires performed exceptionally well in a variety of rain conditions. It turns out we got lucky because it started raining the next day and hasn't stopped since. Until I have some time to wash the car, here are some of the best pics I could take with a point and shoot camera at the end of the track day:

Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #16
SUBYDOODIE
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71490
Vehicle:
05 cgm wrx
rubbing axles haha

cool story line... shouldve gotten the "deepface" whatever they call it... lower it!
SUBYDOODIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
AyeyoJay
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 195900
Vehicle:
07 STi. FYFsquad.
WFC #1661

looking good. i subscribed
AyeyoJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
guiltyone311
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 189401
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 sti built!!
jbp w/fp red&meth

now those ssr look tight as hell
guiltyone311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #19
05cgm
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 94889
Vehicle:
GO KINGS
GO!!!

Looking good Kevin.
05cgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #20
pearljam11
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 113335
Vehicle:
2020 WRX Limited DGM
2005 STi OBP

awesome story
pearljam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
jeremy25056
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 153968
Vehicle:
2008 STI &
Ducati Hypermotard

very impressive story. white on white is not my thing for the 08's but yours looks pretty damn good. props to you sir.
jeremy25056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #22
Praet0rian
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 175172
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 STI
AW

Great story - very detailed! Looking forward to seeing more of your journal posts.
*subscribed*
Praet0rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
rallyMe555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155068
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2000 GC6
BRP

Cooool
rallyMe555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #24
hspn
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 STI
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee02WRX View Post
pretty sick little journal haha i love the smell of burnt rubberrrrr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee02WRX View Post
lovin the white sti too

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeyoJay View Post
looking good. i subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyone311 View Post
now those ssr look tight as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cgm View Post
Looking good Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam11 View Post
awesome story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy25056 View Post
very impressive story. white on white is not my thing for the 08's but yours looks pretty damn good. props to you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praet0rian View Post
Great story - very detailed! Looking forward to seeing more of your journal posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praet0rian View Post
*subscribed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyMe555 View Post
Cooool

Thank you for the compliments guys! I am looking forward to writing more. I have been tied up with work so I have not had a chance to writeup a complete update. When I dod, I will post in this thread rather than starting a new one. Don't forget to subscribe if you have not done so already:

--> Click here to subscribe for updates! <--

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBYDOODIE View Post
cool story line... shouldve gotten the "deepface" whatever they call it... lower it!

I would have gone for the more aggressive offset that produces that deep face look, but they were almost double the price because the sale was only for certain offsets in the Type F edition .

Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #25
s204life
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 180169
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2k2 WRX WAGON SILVR
08 S550 AMG Blk/Blk

very nice and neat
s204life is offline   Reply With Quote