Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #51
Turtules
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268734
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Any results?
Turtules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #52
AWDiesel
*** Banned ***

Member#: 385748

Any news?
AWDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #53
Uncle Scotty
*** Banned ***

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDiesel View Post
Any news?

PLEASE, DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN ......MAKE THIS IDIOT STOP POSTING
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #54
AWDiesel
*** Banned ***

Member#: 385748

It's hard to say much without logs. Now if the shop is sure it is the knock sensor, but the problem remains with a new knock sensor, it could be the wiring of the knock sensor has some source of noise, intermittent connection, etc. that creates a faux voltage pattern that the ECU thinks is knock. Check the connector, check the wiring from the connector to the ECU harness connector for intermittent opens. What gauges do you have and what do you see happening when this happens?

Last edited by AWDiesel; 08-07-2014 at 12:15 AM.
AWDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #55
brianAshadow
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393663

I've had the car back for about a week. They have it hooked up to a computer and data logger. They want me to drive around with it plugged in. It has a sensor inbetween the seat and center console. It turns on every time I sit in the drivers seat. It also has a button on it that I'm supposed to push when it acts up or cuts out. Before they gave it back to me the dealer and the field engineer unplugged and checked over 12 connections in the engine harness and ECU's. They also read hours of data out of my ECU and found a while back it did briefly throw a code for the traction control module losing a ground contact. They added an extra ground wire to a part of that module or the ECU, I'm not sure which. I've been driving the heck out of the car and it does feel like it's fixed. I have not been able to get it to cut out again, but I've felt good about it before only to have it crap out under load. I'll keep the computer on for a month or so. If it doesn't happen again, I think we can close the door on this bad chapter.
brianAshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #56
Wilson!
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 246054

so a false traction event causing the ecu to pull timing... good things they went ahead and put a new engine in it just to be safe....
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #57
brianAshadow
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
so a false traction event causing the ecu to pull timing... good things they went ahead and put a new engine in it just to be safe....
Whatever works. Haha.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #58
brianAshadow
Scooby Newbie

Gave back all the computers they had installed in my car. I was able to data log 7 different times the car was cutting out and going into limp mode. The Subaru engineer is reviewing all the data this week. Fingers crossed that they get back to me soon. Hopefully with news that they finally know what the problem is.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #59
sk8rzch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 372547
Vehicle:
2009 impreza wrx
pearl white

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianAshadow View Post
Gave back all the computers they had installed in my car. I was able to data log 7 different times the car was cutting out and going into limp mode. The Subaru engineer is reviewing all the data this week. Fingers crossed that they get back to me soon. Hopefully with news that they finally know what the problem is.

Have you heard back from the subaru engineer?
sk8rzch is offline   Reply With Quote