Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Default Element Time Attack STI 1.20 Summit Point Video

Element Time Attack STI 1.20 Summit Point Video

I was at Summit Point this weekend running the NASA TTU class to finish up testing for "Limited" class Time Attack. One of the major limitations in the "Limited" class is that we have to run tires with a wear rating of 100 or higher so I chose Toyo RA1s to test with. Our other car running the same tires but with 100 whp more lapped Summit with me driving at 1.23 so I'm really happy we've got the new STI handling well. My goal was really to only hit 1.22 on the RA1s and 1.20 on Hoosiers so I'm ecstatic we did it on the tires we have to race with. We placed first overall and 1st in TTU but there really wasn't much competition except a Monte Carlo "stock" car. This is an unofficial time as I'm still waiting on transponder data but I believe we hit a 1.20 on the third lap.

http://www.elementtuning.com/Videos/...t 1.20 web.wmv

Engine Modifications:

Element Hydra EMS
Element Hydramist
Element GT52 Bolt-on Turbocharger
Element Header
Element Fuel Surge Tank
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
TurboSmart E-Boost 2
Clutch Master's STG4 Clutch
1000cc Low Impedance Fuel injectors
FMIC
TBE

Suspension:

JIC Element Spec FLT-RS
6 Gun Ball Joint Extenders

Wheels and Tire:

Prodrive GC06 17 X 9.5 et 44
Toyo RA1 255/40-17

Brakes:

Stock (Lines, fluid, pads, Ti backing plates)
RCE Kool Brake Kit

These tires are really easy to over drive so I had to run a few hot laps and a lap to cool the tires then another couple hot laps. You'll see what happens when they get a little too hot at the end of the video.

Thanks,
Phil
http://www.elementtuning.com

Last edited by Element Tuning; 10-16-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote