Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC > VIC Vendor Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
dalesmotorsport
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (47)

Member#: 173316
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
'18 STi Type RA
White

Default '08+ STI GTWorx Bilstein pre-orders have started!!!!

Fill out the attachment at the bottom of the page and email it to [email protected] . This will guarantee you pre-order pricing. Once the product is at RCE I will call you for a deposit to secure your set.

(If you have already sent me a form back in 2010-11 please fill out another one so I can have any updated information)

Pre-order pricing will be $995.

Add a set of RCE(Yellow or Regular Guy) springs for $329.95

Myles at RCE says it look like a May/2012 delivery for '08+ STI Bilsteins

Review on IWSTI here: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-suspension-handling-stiffening/220616-bilstein-gtworx-cup-kit-review.html#post3294244

This customer's '11 is a testbed for the new system.

Quote:
I recently bought my first Subaru. The 2011 STi sedan. What an amazing car. ive never owned an AWD sports car and to describe it is quite difficult for me, none the less it is an amazing experience, and the handling is incredible. My past cars have always been steadily modded over time and my STi was no different. I went with Stage 1 and added exhaust, intake etc. Since I had never felt a car like my STi, and after reading all the things the company did for the 11 MY in regards to suspension, I just assumed it could not get any better. I joined IWSTI in hopes of reading more about my car, and learning good vs bad mods and the like. I ended up running into Myles at Race Comp Engineering, and talking back and forth about a lot of the STi in the present and the past as he has been in the subaru community for quite some time. As it turns out GTWorx and Bilstein needed a donor sedan to test their new prototype suspension in San Diego. I only lived an hour and a half or so from there and willingly offered up my car. They sent me sway bars from RCE which were quite easy to install, and shortly there after i dropped my new STi off at Bilstein. This was the longest week of my life. Upon returning to Bilstein to pick up my car with new lowering springs and shocks, I couldnt believe the difference behind the wheel. This car went from what i thought was “the best” to a full bred race car. The dampening force these shocks have were incredible to me. There is a huge hump in the main road in my town which used to cause my STi to get a few inches of air if i hit it going 50 or so, with these shocks, the car sticks to the road like glue. The car never loses contact with the road no matter what situation i put it in. I was fairly worried on the ride home assuming these shocks would be rough and wouldnt be “comfy” anymore. Although it is obviously stiffer, it does not shake or bounce while driving on the freeway. The car sits about 10mm lower and it looks more aggressive in my opinion, but not giving it that “hella flush” slammed look. Turn in and cornering are night and day, I used to feel understeer while cornering in this car at high speeds, but now i feel confident in almost any corner at any speed. This car had a very far limit before, but now it feels almost limitless. The rear suspension is ride height adjustable as well so depending on trunk load or equipment i can adjust the cars ride height. The car sits perfectly level at the “middle” setting on the rear struts.. To anyone who is looking for an aftermarket shock strut combo, this is hands down the best buy. Very simple and understated, until you get into a corner.....then all hell breaks loose. I can not stress enough how much more confident and solid the car feels in the corners. No matter what you throw at the STi with the Bilstein/GTworx kit, it will deliver.

There will be only 50 sets of GTWorx Bilsteins(STI) offered at intro pricing. We will also offer a discount on a set of RCE springs when packaged along with the Bilsteins.

I will not charge anything until we get the final pricing quote and once everyone has been contacted and agreed to the order. I just need some sort of commitment before I go ahead and order 20-30 sets of these. This will help keep the intro buy organized on our end. When we get confirmed pricing and everyone has been notified I will need a deposit to get the ball rolling.

If you would like to guarantee a set at this price point please email [email protected]

For many years, the Impreza market has never had direct access to affordable Bilstein shocks due to the influence of a large UK based rally company.

BUT as many of you know, GTWORX has developed an option with Bilstein for the GH chassis Subaru Impreza WRX that comes as a kit with RCE Yellow springs that were designed in conjunction with the dampers. Excellent handling and ride quality from a serious shock and spring system upgrade. The pics below are the kit on a 2011 WRX with the rear circlip in the standard middle setting:

And as many of you have figured out, we're doing it now for the GR chassis STI as well.

These are indeed currently being developed and fine tuned for the GR STI chassis. They will be available for a SPRING release.

And since they're are many out there with RCE Black and Yellow springs already out there we wanted to officially let the cat out of the bag. They will be available as a package with RCE springs OR you can use them with your existing RCE Blacks and Yellows.

These GTWORX Bilstein dampers feature inverted front monotube struts, rear monotube shocks, GTWORX and Bilstein developed SPORT valving matched to RCE Yellows with plenty of gas pressure and low-speed damping for excellent handling, with digressive high speed valving to maintain comfort for a daily driver. The rear shocks feature an adjustable cir-clip for +/-5mm and +/-10mm of ride height change.

The objective is NOT to offer a TIME ATTACK shock, nor do we expect you to have to cut open your oem shocks, getting messy oil everywhere etc and use inserts inside your stock housings. We want to make a simple set it and forget SPORT SHOCK with matching springs. To be clear this is NOT a coilover, but a OEM fitment strut/shock set up with fixed perches just like stock. These are designed for sedan and hatchback using RCE Black or Yellow springs.

Comfortable, but with German sports type handling prowess. With THAT said...these will be excellent on the track!

We look forward to your feedback and interest. We are very excited about being able to offer this system specially tuned for the GR Impreza STI platform!

What do you guys think?

Attachment here:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GTWorxBilsteinGRSTiPreorderForm[1].pdf (199.0 KB, 19 views)

"We do pricing a little differently. Every price you see includes the shipping cost to our office(Surrey, BC), duties and exchange rate . This creates a built in cost savings, no hidden fees, and less hassles. The best part is we still have a price match guarantee!"[/COLOR][/I] [/B]

[COLOR=black]Service Center: 604-530-9160 Toll Free 1 (855) 214-2670[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Email- [/COLOR]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]

Last edited by dalesmotorsport; 07-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Nauticad22
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 309300
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru WRX STI
Dark Grey

Will these work with any camber plates?
Closed Thread