Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
18aspenSTi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139419
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
AW

Default Only 2-3 degrees AVCS advance during log???

Recently my 05 STi has become noticeably laggier. It has a 7cm td05 20g, ewg, big TMIC, and BC 272s. I was able to hit full boost(~21 psi) in the 3300 range, now it seems to hit around 4k. The car threw the p0021 code for cam advance, so i replaced the driver's side ocv with a brand new one, but that has not cured the issue and the light comes back on after maybe 40-100 mi. of drving after being cleared. I tried logging to see if AVCS was active at all, and what I found was only 2-3 degrees of Intake VVT Advance Angle on both left and right banks. The duty cycle for both OCVs was the same, at 57%. Does anyone have any clue as to what may be causing AVCS to work, but not completely??
18aspenSTi is offline   Reply With Quote