Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-09-2000, 02:15 PM   #1
AudiGuy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1865
Question What mods should I do and when?

And what will they cost? Also - is there a chip available for the Impreza?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2000, 02:24 PM   #2
JGard
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1904
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
E36 M3/4/5

Talking

All of them

Now

but seriously... what do you want to spend? i say go all out suspension, then go appearance mods, then more power... but that's me, i'm a handling freak!!
Old 08-09-2000, 02:24 PM   #3
Frey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 589
brucelee, you're a funny guy!!

Seriously... TIRES should be done right away. I got Toyo Proxes T1S 205/50/R16, and I love them. Problem is, they cost like $140 per tire. A lot of people are having good luck with Kumho tires too, and they are a lot cheaper.

You should also do a rear anti-sway bar pretty quickly. I got an 18mm from SPD--$142.

Those 2 mods are my recommended first steps. From there, you can either go down the performance path, or go for cosmetic improvements. If the money is there, both

Later,
Jeff
Old 08-09-2000, 02:27 PM   #4
Subie Gal
GC84Ever
Super Moderator

Member#: 301
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1970 FF-1 & '70 Van
02 WRX/01 RS

Wink

lol!! guys be good!

suspension...
tires...
exhaust....
intake? or turbo??? depends on where u want to go...

STICKERS??? ok.. joking... sorry... in a mood today...

j.
Old 08-09-2000, 06:18 PM   #5
AudiGuy
Scooby Newbie

Thanks everyone. I was thinking rear sway and front tower first. I've had no problems with the tires as of yet. Of course, they haven't seen winter, but they have seen a lot of rain without any problems whatsoever.
Old 08-09-2000, 06:26 PM   #6
Black98RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 786
Question

AudiGuy, I hate to go way off topic on this reply, but I noticed that you have a A4 1.8T.

Has it been a good car for you? Any problems? Easy to upgrade?

I have just begun to research Audi's and stumbled onto a webpage that had a load of chip upgrades, exhaust, intake, etc. to upgrade the A4 to around 198hp to 245hp for seemingly not a whole lot money. Any experience with this at all?

With the new Impreza looking as controversial as it does and who knows about the price, for me to get a over 200hp car I was beginning to think I should by a used A4 1.8T and just upgrade it to 200hp myself.

What do you think?
Old 08-09-2000, 06:57 PM   #7
AudiGuy
Scooby Newbie

Black98:

If you haven't done so already, check out Audiworld. There's an A4 forum on there that is an outstanding resource for information. My A4 has had no modifications as of yet, but soon ... soon (God, and wife, willing ).

I've only had two problems with the car, but one is a biggie (or, it might be - don't know yet). The easy one was an oil leak. It was just the gasket between the turbo and the oil feed line for the turbo, but it cost me $65 to have a $.95 piece of rubber/cardboard installed. The other is the control arms. Apparently A4s have a consistent problems with the control arms bushings wearing down prematurely. Audi has not recongized this as a problem needing a recall so the problems are handled on a case-by-case basis. If the car's still under warranty then you're all set. If it's not, then it's up in the air. My service guy said what Audi has been doing is paying for the parts and letting the owner cover labor. Personally, I don't find this acceptable but I may not have a choice.

Sorry, everyone, for the off-topic stuff.
Old 08-09-2000, 07:02 PM   #8
Black98RS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 786
Thumbs up

Amazingly enough I just stumbled upon the AudiWorld right before I read your post. Thanks for the reply and info by the way.

Don't let anyone bug you about being OT, this is the general forum anyway. I started the OT anyway, they can pick on me.

I gotta get to bed pretty soon here but I will definitely check out AudiWorld site. It looks like a good site.

Thanks again!