Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
flipskater438
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 399324
Default trouble re-enabling codes after pro tune

hello like the title says I am having trouble turning codes back on after pro-tune. I bought the car with the tune already on it and I believe it was done at precision tuning in nj. and now I am getting a cel with no codes and cel flashes under heavy load. I was able to read the tune using ecuflash and openport2.0 my issue is when I attempt to turn the disabled codes back on there is no option to in ecuflash. it just says disabled and when I select it, it just highlights It with no option to enable. I also tried to open the file in romraider. I can open it fine, there is an option to actually enable the codes, when I save it however. it doesn't save as a readable file in ecuflash to flash it back into the ecu. the codes I found that were disabled are p0420 p0545 p0546 p01301 p01312. I just want to enable the codes so I can c what the problem is so I can fix it.
ps I have the green connectors connected when reading/writing but not the white plug jumped. could that be an issue. any and all help is appreciated. I tried searching but could not find anything that helped
flipskater438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

You didn't list what model/year car you have or mods. Flashing CEL is generally a gross misfire. Enabling those codes isn't going to help you. Did you not bother to look up the codes? 4 of them are for the EGT sensor which I am assuming you no longer have. The P0420 is probably because you have an aftermarket exhaust yes?
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
flipskater438
Scooby Newbie

02 wrx. Missfire codes are enabled. P0301-04 still has stock downpipe with cats. Still seeing a change in corralation between primary and secondary o2s so there is something there. Weather or not its within the threshold is unknown. As far as i know it has a vf39 with sti top mount and borla catback. And i am still getting egt reading that change.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Sounds like you have bought someone's headache. Regardless,flashing CEL is gross misfire and nothing else. I have no idea what you are talking about with the O2 sensors. The P0420 just disables the catalyst efficiency code for the rear O2 sensor. The rear O2 sensor is still going to be functional. You need to check and see if it has the OEM catted up-pipe and if the EGT probe is in it.
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
flipskater438
Scooby Newbie

Welp i figured out how to re-enable the codes on ecuflash. You have to us [ ] to change the values. (They really should say that more clearly) and trying to turn the misfire fix of without turning the readness fix off was fun figuring out. But after all that it is showing codes now. P0304 swapped the coil and it didnt move. So my next step is moving the injector bc i noticed that at full boost higher up in the revs there at about 95% duty-cycle. And they are stock with the bigger turbo and have been like that for 2 years so im sure they are tired