Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday April 2, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-22-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
Rownan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4399
Post Manual transmission swap into an SVX?

Is it possible? Can anybody direct me to a place where I can find out more information about this? Does anyone know of anybody who has done this? I'm guessing it would take some killer bell housing fabrication.. Where would I get the tranny from?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2001, 02:24 PM   #2
kastle
Frank Army

Member#: 1457
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Based on what I know and hear, there are 2 cmopanies out west that would do it. Once is Forced Air Tek, located in Prescott AZ. The owner is Robert Ansick. He also does turbo kits for the SVX, as I have a stage II kit from him.

The other company is JC Sports, located in the Denver, CO area. I saw a post earlier today about it over on the Kinetic Board.

Here is the post so I can start a war between JC Sports and Forced Air Tek....

Maybe its about time to take your car to JC Sports in CO and talk to Joel. He has been Turbocharging subarus ever since
they came to America. No offense to Robert @ Mile High, but Joel said he laughed the first time he saw his Turbo kit he
made for you. Believe me, Joel is the SVX GOD, he know what he is doing. Take your car there and he will work out the
bugs w/o guessing what is wrong. He'll even install a 5sp. manual for about $4500. Hope things go well with your SVX-T.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
Rownan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4399
*cough* *cough*

I believe I just swallowed my tongue! Was that $4500? I was considering buying one of these cars, and then I found out they only come in auto(about the stupidest thing I've ever heard for a sport coupe!). So I decided to find out what is required to swap in a stick shift.. $4500 is way too much for something I already have in my 240sx..

How sad. I heard rumors of a new model in 2003? Maybe I'll look into that.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:53 PM   #4
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

sorry that it's to high for not only you but the rest of us too.

wanna buy a SVX-T?
Old 02-23-2001, 08:22 AM   #5
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
$4500 is not too high at all. Sounds quite reasonable.

Considering the labor costs alone, it is a pretty good deal. Parts will have to include a manual transmission, plus replacement differentials, pedals, etc.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:11 PM   #6
kastle
Frank Army

Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Then you can go ahead and be the 1st...