Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
fourstrokephysics
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92132
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1997 OBS GFA
Blue

Default 03 WRX drivetrain ---> 97 OBS

Yep this here is the first subaru I have ever owned and for the past few weeks I have been working on improving it dramatically. A couple months ago, my weakened stock 2.2L drivetrain was starting to seem kind of rough after 150,000 miles. So I decided to do what any subaru owner with any sense of logic would do, I found a totalled 2003 WRX sedan. Now the entire drivetrain is in. The engine, trans, rear, all four brakes, hubs and axles that used to belong to the WRX are now completely installed into the 97 OBS. I had to switch out the pedal box, the hydraulic clutch reservior. And right now I am working on attaching the WRX dash crossbar so the WRX dash, cluster, and console will go in. I'm not running into many snags. The pedal box and the dash crossbar just needed a couple holes drilled into them. I also had to drill holes in the dash for the WRX heater box. Now I'm kind of trying to figure out what i should do about door panels, . but I might just cut them to clear the new dash until I can figure out how to install some different kind of door panel. also Im not sure if I'll have to switch out the fuel pump. Like I said, This is the very first modification I have ever even made to a subaru. And as soon as I can get this dash crossbar mounted, I can install the steering column, and then it'll be done. I don't even really have any idea how this swap is going to turn out. I've never even driven a WRX. Hopefully it will be done soon. I'll get pictures up soon. Let me know what you think of this swap.
fourstrokephysics is offline   Reply With Quote