Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-03-2001, 05:37 PM   #1
assena
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4836
Question Sound Deadening

I am thinking about getting my car sound deadened... I read all about the people who did it, including AaronB from azscooby and the different forums and pictures of people who did it. I want to put some material in my door, trunk, floorpan, whatever else annoys me... The thing is, I dont have problems following directions or putting stuff on or off, however, I dont really know how the best way to take things apart are. The trunk I know cause Ive done it before, but not the door panel and floorpan. I kind of have an idea but don't want to ruin my car by screwing something up. How does everyone on the club have SO MUCH car knowledge? That is a complement.... Is there a bible for Imprezas/Subarus out there that explains this sort of stuff? Or else can someone help me with pictures or even just steps?????? A big thanks for everyone out there. this is a great site.

Alex
assena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2001, 12:14 AM   #2
CosmoTheCat
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3409
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
98 My FMIC
Is bigger than yours.

I don't know about the rest of the guys out there, but I learned the old fashioned way. I broke stuff on my old car.
Honestly. I snapped all of the little plastic caps for the seat bolts on my older cars before I learned how they popped off. As far as the RS, I just started pulling and prying until it came out. I've only got a couple of cosmetic dings from it. As long as you're careful and realize that there is a point of no return, and use a bit of finesse, you'll be ok.
CosmoTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:22 AM   #3
assena
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4836
Wink

Thanks for the help... Thats is basically what I thought too...

Alex
assena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:15 AM   #4
paultg
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 437
Chapter/Region: NESIC
I sound proofed my car on my own also, but had help the first time I took the interior out. It is very easy once you know what to do. Really!! I think the last time I took it out when I deadend the car, the car was stripped to the floor pans in about 30-40 min. and I hads never taken the carpet out.

I would suggest you try to find a local member to your area that has some experience doing it. See if you can meet up and go through it together. The Impreza Panals scratch very easy, but as long as your careful and use some common sence, it comes apart without any broken parts or clips (don't forget a littl luck too).

Here is my post about the sound proofing: http://www.i-club.com/ubb-files/Foru...ML/001104.html

If you have any other question, feel free to e-mail or Pm me.

Paul G.

[This message has been edited by paultg (edited April 04, 2001).]
paultg is offline   Reply With Quote