Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
williaty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Default How Important Is That Little Cover on the Bottom of the Bellhousing?

Like the title says.

After overhauling the engine and returning it to a running motor from a pile of pistons, we noticed that the cover plate that goes on the bottom of the bellhousing around the flywheel was still sitting there on the parts table. I swear I asked her to put it on and heard her say she did. She swears I said I was going to do it. Who knows. The reality of the situation is that it's not on the car

So how important is it? Do I have to rush out and put it on? Obviously, the next time the exhaust comes off and I'm lifting the engine, I'm going to replace it. However, do I need to go through the hassle of dropping the exhaust (it's an NA so the headers block access) and raise the engine out of the cradle just to put this thing back?
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
XanRules
Scooby Guru

Member#: 157348
Vehicle:
I Thlammed My
Penith in the Car Door

it houses the flux capacitor. Put it back immediately.

In all seriousness, I have no idea. My flywheel is completely exposed for some reason, so I can't see it being a problem. I just like to break out the "flux capacitor" line whenever I can.
XanRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
69subaru360
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159682
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1995 WRX
2015 F150

I usually throw it out. I always get it hung up putting the engine back in. It's just a dust/dirt/rock shield.
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Silly n00b. I'm tellin' Clint on you!
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
ilikebmx999
*** Banned ***

Member#: 201646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Wagon
Blue

I've had mine off for about a year and it's been fine. I thought I put it back on; put my engine in then saw it on the bench
ilikebmx999 is offline   Reply With Quote