Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #1
wavshrdr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 30529
Question What's best turbo for the my setup?

Hi,

I have am looking to find the best turbo for my application. I have an '02 WRX wagon. I will be installing an HKS turbo back exhaust and up-pipe soon. My goals are ultimately to get about 320-340 whp WITH good drivability.

I have a CAI currently. My current planned additions are:

STi injectors
Upgraded fuel pump
Maybe bigger TMIC as I don't want the additional lag, expense and trouble of a FMIC.
Upgraded clutch
I have but haven't yet installed boost, A/F and EGT gauges to monitor everything.

So what turbo would be best for my applicaction? I am considering currently the Greddy TZ518Z, PE1818 or 1820 series or possibly one of the APS? I can far and away get the best price on the Greddy but I don't want price to be the only factor.

I am still torn about eng. mgmt. systems but am leaning toward the UTEC at this point. Any thoughts about others? I assume with the UTEC I wouldn't need to use any other type of boost controller? Correct?

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. I want to get everything ordered this week so I can get the car built in time for warmer weather.

One last note, anyone know of good install shops in the Minnesota area? My garage is currently packed and our temps are at 0 right now and I really don't want to work outside on the car.

Thanks,
Tim
wavshrdr is offline   Reply With Quote