Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-28-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
txl146
Scooby Guru

Member#: 32459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX VF34 (SOLD)
Junior Tuned 301whp

Default Fitting STi TMIC on 02 WRX

Currently I have stock I/C with Samco I/C hoses on my 02 WRX sedan. I understand that there is a fitment I/C incompatibility between WRX and USDM STi. How would fitment be with WRX Samco I/C hoses? what type of custom fitment work would be required in order to make USDM STi TMIC fit on a 02 WRX beside STi bracket?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by txl146; 03-28-2005 at 12:58 AM.
txl146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Performance Driven
Vendor

Member#: 75855
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
04 Dynapack

it should be a direct bolt on.
but check the cast inlets on the
back of both tmics to make sure
the spacing is the same..
Performance Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
samagon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 26859
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

the USDM TMIC will fit on the wrx. HOWEVER. if you want to directly bolt it on, you need the STI air diffuser and bellows (splitter and skirt). as well as some longer IC hoses to push the IC back so it will fit on the bolts.

expect to pay around $100-150 for the splitter and skirt, and another $30 for IC hose.

the other way, you can reuse your TB IC hose, have the mount locations for the TMIC moved and it will fit on there, using your stock splitter.

edit: once I get paid for my fantasy football 1st place (yeah, I've been waiting a while) I'll get all the pieces and do it correctly with pictures.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote