Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2003, 11:16 PM   #1
Sanctum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 3074
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Red

Thumbs up NEO Gear Oil

Just got around to changing my tranny fluid on my 5MT. My car had about 37,000 miles on the OEM fluid. I had noticed the following problems with the tranny with the old OEM fluid:

- Shifter was slow to engage lower gears (1,2,&3)
- A little more synchro whine than usual in lower gears with downshifts (and rev's matched)
- 3 & 4th gears had become a bit spongy <sp?> That is, there wasn't any reassuring feed back that the gear was engaged.

I just swapped in some NEO 75W90RHD from: Backer Percision . I had hoped that this would eliminate some if not all of the symptoms listed above. The OEM oil had a burnt stinch to it and I'm not convinced that it was ever filled up to the OEM reccomended 3.7q. Also the drain plug had a fair amount of metal shavings on it. So far I've only put a few miles on the new oil, and all of the gears feel similar to the way I remember them feeling when I drove the car off the dealer lot. I'll put 50 - 100 miles on the car tomorrow and will try to revisit the thread to report on the tranny feedback as I put some miles on it.

- Brian
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote