Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-20-1999, 11:45 AM   #1
Miller3339
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299
Talking upgrades

I'M Trying to upgrade my 1992 Legacy Turbo. has anyone installed the Eibach springs?? also, has anyone bought a air intake for their turbo from JC sports?? I'm looking into their Muffler too. did these upgrades bring any noticable performance?? and how was installation?? i'ts great to see other Legacy fans.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Miller3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-1999, 12:30 PM   #2
Submerk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 116
I have Apexi intake kit. I bought from JCsport about 1 year ago for $250. I think this kit was their prototype. I used only 6 months because I upgrade the turbo, so the kit is useless. You won't have any problem with idle. It will take out one resenator box(the one before MAF sensor)and you replace with APEXi elbow and you plug the air tube in the elbow. So if you are interested, let me know.(Filter has no damage) Please make me an offer. **one bracket that hold MAF and filter, I'm using right now. I think you can make it your own. I still have the box and instruction guide.
Submerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-1999, 07:27 PM   #3
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX 6spd CWP

I plan on getting the Eibach/KYB set up in the near future for my turbo Legacy and heard nothing but good things from other Legacy owners about it. After waiting an eternity for JC's intake, I had my own intake made and used the RSA funnel Ram cone filter and adapter. I can send you a picture if you want. I'm glad I didn't get their's now because mine looks identical, probably works just as good and costs alot less. The intake worked OK by itself but really worked good when I put a cold air tube going up to it from underneath the bumper. Underhood temps on the turbo Legacy can reach over 150 degress (F) so get some cold air for the filter. I also have the stock exhaust which doesn't help much , but I have the muffler off and it sounds terrific(IMHO). RalliSpec in NJ will be working on a Group "A" downpipe for the turbo Legacy soon. The downpipe is the biggest restriction in the whole system so anything done after that will probably give you minimal gains(without doing the downpipe itself). Drop me an e-mail if you want some pics and to chat about your Legacy Turbo.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-1999, 11:05 AM   #4
Miller3339
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299
hey guys, thanks for the input, I'm very interested in the intake, where are you located at?? does it have a drawing of the support bracket?? I could just fab one if needed. I've never beed any good at making offers so..... you tell me. I'm in Everett Wa. Shik, doesn't JC sports offer a B-pipe?? I was going to buy theirs, hey wait, is the B-pipe and the down pipe the same thing?? I'll take any pictures that you have. my E-mail is Miller3339@yahoo.com
Miller3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-1999, 11:23 AM   #5
Submerk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 116
Hey Miller, I'm in Seattle WA. SO you can come by and take a look. I e-mail my phone #. Call me and we meet some place.
Submerk is offline   Reply With Quote