Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 28, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #1
Becausesailboat
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 363486
Default 2006 STI alarm and key fob

Hello NASIOC,

I Recently purchased a 2006 STI and I do not have the original key fob just the key and thats it. Since I bought it i noticed that every time I unlock it and open the door the parking lights flash consistently and i have to turn the key to the on/off position 3 times. This led to the conclusion that its actually my vehicle alarm that is going off which led me to find out the car does not have a horn installed(assume the previous owner probably had Hella's and took them off) Im looking for the cheapest solution to this issue with the alarm which I assume is to buy another key fob and program it to the car for normal use. Subaru wants $164 for a damn key fob. I am trying to find one on eBay or amazon for cheap but I need the FCC ID number for a 2006 STI to make sure I get the right one. Does anyone happen to have this information? Thanks in advance
Becausesailboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #2
Subisnob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431964
Vehicle:
2015 Forester XT

I would try using the key in the door to lock rather than hitting the internal powered lock. This should be a temp solution for now until you find a fob.

My wife's Forester would do the same with an aftermarket remote starter/unlock fob. If we locked it with door switch and unlocked it with aftermarket fob, it would alarm. If we locked with aftermarket and unlocked with aftermarket..no alarm.

I would look HERE
Subisnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #3
Subisnob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Forester XT

Nevermind, they want as much as the dealer.

HERE is cheapest new. Item # 88036FE041. Looks like dealer is charging you MSRP.
HERE is cheapest Refurb'd
Old 02-09-2016, 08:02 AM   #4
phd12v
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 432497
Vehicle:
16 Wrx Limited CVT
DGM

have you tried to just turn it off? i believe that model you can either turn it off, or unplug the alarm.

just go have a keyless entry put in at your finest car audio shop. i looked at the wiring already, it would take 30-40 min tops for a seasoned installer
phd12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #5
phd12v
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
16 Wrx Limited CVT
DGM

12volts black/white to white (50A) + ignition switch, blue 4 pin plug, pin 1

Starter black/yellow to white/black + ignition switch, blue 4 pin plug, pin 3

Ignition black to green + ignition switch, blue 4 pin plug, pin 4

Power Lock red/white - BIU left of steering column, gray 20 pin plug, pin 12

Power Unlock yellow/red (all doors); orange/black (driver door) - BIU left of steering column, gray 20 pin plug, pins 11, 14

Parking Lights+ orange + parking light switch, white 4 pin plug, pin 4

Parking Lights- black/white (functions with ignition on only) - lighting switch, white 17 pin plug, pin 14

Door Trigger blue/orange - BIU left of steering column, gray 20 pin plug, pin 8

Dome Supervision blue - BIU left of steering column, blue 16 pin plug, pin 5
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/white (sedan); (same as RF door trigger, wgn) - Keyless Entry Module above dash fuse box, gray 26 pin plug, pin 7

Trunk/Hatch Release (locks/unlocks along with doors, wagon)

Factory Alarm Arm (factory remote only or program alarm off)
Factory Alarm Disarm (factory remote only or program alarm off)
Disarm No Unlock green/black (factory alarm ignition sense) interrupt Keyless Entry Module above dash fuse box, gray 26 pin plug, pin 10
Notes: Interrupt the factory alarm ignition sense wire to keep the factory alarm from triggering during remote start. The factory starter interrupt is red/black (-) at the Keyless Entry Module, gray 26 pin plug, pin 12.

Tachometer blue/green ac instrument cluster, green 10 pin plug, pin 5

Horn Trigger green/red to red/green - horn switch, black 5 pin plug, pin 1
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Becausesailboat
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 363486

As far as locking it with the key instead of the inside button that would only lock my driver side door I assume. And I've heard about the idea of disabling the alarm but I do not know how to do that. I want to keep the alarm I just want to correct the issue I'm having with it going off if possible without having to buy another alarm.
Becausesailboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
phd12v
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
16 Wrx Limited CVT
DGM

which is why i said just have a keyless entry system put on. they can wire in the disarm for you.
Amazon.com : Encore 1-Way 2 Channel Dual Shock Sensor : Automotive Security Devices : Camera & PhotoAmazon.com : Encore 1-Way 2 Channel Dual Shock Sensor : Automotive Security Devices : Camera & Photo

Here is a pretty cheap one that works pretty good, the alarm part of it can be turned off, and it can be a standard keyless at that point. Pretty easy wiring that any shop that is decent should be able to install. Remotes are actually pretty nice and range is about 200 feet to 400ft
Old 02-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
Subisnob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becausesailboat View Post
As far as locking it with the key instead of the inside button that would only lock my driver side door I assume. And I've heard about the idea of disabling the alarm but I do not know how to do that. I want to keep the alarm I just want to correct the issue I'm having with it going off if possible without having to buy another alarm.
Just bite the bullet and buy a new fob. $50 for refurb as given in the link. You should be able to program yourself.