Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
thswrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102377
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: STL
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR

Impreza WRX 06 TR VF-22 pro-tuned by Jorge

i was pro-tuned by Jorge on saturday and here are a couple of pics along the way...

at first i couldnt go over 3000 rpms.. a little tuning and this is the first one..



a little better...



and better..



and better...



but then i found out that my short ram intake was smaller than my stock was and my air intake was maxed out ... good times .. but here are the print outs after 25 pulls later.. yeah you could cook marshmellows on my engine..





mods list:

Perrin up/down pipe
Apexi N1 exahst
VF-22 P&P
P.E. 800cc injectors
Perrin FMIC
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Cobb AP pro-tuned
had injen short ram, changed to stock during tune
Greddy boost controller profec B spec II
Turbo XS RFL (going APS 50/50 ASAP!)

when i get my cobb short ram intake and my aps 50/50 put on i will stick her back on the dyno and post my numbers.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
thswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
turbo tecnica
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74470
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Norton, MA
Vehicle:
2013 Accord Sport
72 LS1 Vette

Default

Nice numbers! Looks like about 310-315wtq... very nice. Spool time doesn't look too bad either... looks like full torque around 3600-3700rpms or so. Congrats
turbo tecnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
JM530
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 69212
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lombard, IL
Vehicle:
'11 A3 Quattro K04
DSG Lava Grey

Default

Nice! And IMHO that dyno reads a little low!
JM530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Totally agree with that assessment. It's one of the lower reading dynojets I've seen results from.
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
Zrex11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 94881
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Vehicle:
1989 Hoopty Stylez
Road Slipper

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer04STi
Totally agree with that assessment. It's one of the lower reading dynojets I've seen results from.

thats because its a dyno dynamics!
Zrex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
VWGrk1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57882
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default

Your dyno brings tears to my eyes.....nice to see my prior snail making some nice numbers on your ride!

Congrats!
VWGrk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
MrH00nel2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 80474
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: La Vergne,TN
Vehicle:
2002 Z06
1200whp

Default

sweetness
MrH00nel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #8
Sypher
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 106366
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Blue

Default

very nice numbers but did they recomend you get injectors and a fuel pump I would asume with that turbo you wouldnt need it.
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 AM   #9
wrxpaul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83600
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Vehicle:
03 wrx wagon
silver

Default

pix of your car?

nice numbers man
wrxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 AM   #10
testes1010
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 47145
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Henderson, KY
Vehicle:
2012 Gas Saver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
very nice numbers but did they recomend you get injectors and a fuel pump I would asume with that turbo you wouldnt need it.
the '06 injectors flow more than the pinks. As for the Fuel pump not sure....but I'd swap it out to be on the safe side if its the same as the 2.0L WRX one.

damnitJorge, you were in STL & I didn't know it....
testes1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #11
xcntrk75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60224
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2008 FXT Sports 2.5
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Nice numbers and fantastic torque!

Did you clip this 22 for use on the 2.5? Don’t you have concerns of overrunning the efficiency of the turbo compressor with the increased load of the 2.5?

Also, just an observation here, but shouldn’t your AFR be more linear? Looks like it takes a huge dip on the rich side during ramp-up load sites until you reach full load where it then leans back out. You’d think with a premium tune this would be a much more linear transition…

Great numbers all around!
xcntrk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrex11
thats because its a dyno dynamics!
My bad. Didn't read the top of the dynochart. I assumed it was the dynojet at P&L b/c he was tuned by Jorge. Yeah, the only dynodynamics I know of in the Lou is Ron's at Axis. That one reads hella low. I've been tuned on the P&L dynojet, Ron's dynodynamics, and also on the TopSpeed dynojet... Ron's is the lowest reading by far.

Next is the P&L dyno. The P&L dynojet reads lower than most of the other dynojets I've seen charts from or been tuned on. Hence my earlier comments when I thought he was tuned at P&L...
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
happasaiyan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 37731
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Vehicle:
'07 TL-S 6MT
'07 RDX-T

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer04STi
My bad. Didn't read the top of the dynochart. I assumed it was the dynojet at P&L b/c he was tuned by Jorge. Yeah, the only dynodynamics I know of in the Lou is Ron's at Axis. That one reads hella low. I've been tuned on the P&L dynojet, Ron's dynodynamics, and also on the TopSpeed dynojet... Ron's is the lowest reading by far.

Next is the P&L dyno. The P&L dynojet reads lower than most of the other dynojets I've seen charts from or been tuned on. Hence my earlier comments when I thought he was tuned at P&L...
this one IS on ron's.
happasaiyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #14
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Right. I finally figured that out before my last post. Thanks.
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
scooby24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56414
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Olathe, KS
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT 5MT
PSM

Default

very impressive. I would be very curious to know what it is capable of in the 1/4 after having that kind of power.
scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #16
Sypher
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 106366
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testes1010
the '06 injectors flow more than the pinks. As for the Fuel pump not sure....but I'd swap it out to be on the safe side if its the same as the 2.0L WRX one.

damnitJorge, you were in STL & I didn't know it....
naw dude check out his mod list hes got 800cc injectors... I know the 06's are 560's Im just asking why he went with bigger injectors.
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
ScoobyDooo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 98891
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Morgantown, WV
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR 392 WTQ
20G w/FMIC

Default

I dunno what kind of tune your gettin but to me it sounds pretty shady...I have a 2006 WRX TR...ive been protuned at Agile Automotive in MD, and my mods were a Catless TBE...One step cooler plugs...and a Prodirve Boost Selonid, with the AP protune and i put down 255 WHP and 315 WTQ on the TD04...im not braggin here i just would assume alot more an a VF 22 with your mods but maybe im wrong...although they are nice numbers!!!

chris
ScoobyDooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
happasaiyan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 37731
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Vehicle:
'07 TL-S 6MT
'07 RDX-T

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDooo
I dunno what kind of tune your gettin but to me it sounds pretty shady...I have a 2006 WRX TR...ive been protuned at Agile Automotive in MD, and my mods were a Catless TBE...One step cooler plugs...and a Prodirve Boost Selonid, with the AP protune and i put down 255 WHP and 315 WTQ on the TD04...im not braggin here i just would assume alot more an a VF 22 with your mods but maybe im wrong...although they are nice numbers!!!

chris
did you not read that it is one of the lowest reading dynos?

also, a vf22 is not much bigger than a vf39...so in comparison, i think its doing pretty well with 290whp...considering with similar mods and a vf39, most STis only get ~320whp max on a high reading dyno.
happasaiyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #19
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

Exactly correct. ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDooo
I dunno what kind of tune your gettin but to me it sounds pretty shady...I have a 2006 WRX TR...ive been protuned at Agile Automotive in MD, and my mods were a Catless TBE...One step cooler plugs...and a Prodirve Boost Selonid, with the AP protune and i put down 255 WHP and 315 WTQ on the TD04...im not braggin here i just would assume alot more an a VF 22 with your mods but maybe im wrong...although they are nice numbers!!!

chris
I didn't really expound in my earlier post on how low the Axis dyno reads.

Stock STis put down like 205-210. It is the lowest reading dyno I've ever heard of. Including the low reading Gruppe-S dyno that everybody thinks is the worst heartbreaker around.

If you do the math he is making like 415 at the crank. Pretty good for a VF22. On a dynojet he would be putting down around 335whp. By the same math he would be making around 450 lb/ft at the crank and would be making somewhere around 360wtq on a typical dynojet. I hope that puts the numbers in perspective a little for you. 290whp and 315wtq on that dyno is actually pretty impressive considering how little he has modified his car. Even if my math is a tad high (and I don't think it is) he is making very good power for a VF22.

Last edited by SilverSurfer04STi; 06-12-2006 at 03:49 PM.
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
ScoobyDooo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 98891
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Morgantown, WV
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR 392 WTQ
20G w/FMIC

Default

I was just trying to make a comparison...and I did READ I know he said that Dyno read low...what I was trying to get at was how low...some people are nice enought to explain the situation rather than just yell at people for not reading, when the information that someone is looking for is not even there...i would like to thank SilverSurfer04STI for explain rather than yelling at fellow members....plus I've seen VF39s with similar mods put up numbers close to that something in my opinion is not adding up...im not trying to be a dick, i would just like to understand were your coming from...when you figure those numbers.

chris
ScoobyDooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
SilverSurfer04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 71542
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Midwest
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ

Default

No problem at all. I don't mind explaining really. I have always been amazed how LOW Ron's dyno reads.

A while back when I was tuned on that dyno we discussed it and besides him explaining the "it's just a dyno and dynos are for tuning, only pay attention to hp gained from baseline" which I alread understood, I had a good chuckle when he concluded the conversation with, "Yeah, you know, I kinda like having a really low reading dyno. You can tell people you only make like 285 hp at the wheels and then you can see the look of shock on their face when you walk them pretty hard...".
SilverSurfer04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #22
devil doc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 107279
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
06 vf39 wrx
black

Default

what was the baseline before the tuning , i just want to know what the car dynoed with the td04 , nice set up!
devil doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #23
jblaine
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 8512
Join Date: Jul 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: St. Pete, FL
Vehicle:
2002 WRX chassis...
stage-infinity.com

Default

Why not run 17psi to redline? You certainly have the injectors for it.
jblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #24
shemoves
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 80663
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, AZ
Vehicle:
1997 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer04STi
Exactly correct. ^^^^



I didn't really expound in my earlier post on how low the Axis dyno reads.

Stock STis put down like 205-210. It is the lowest reading dyno I've ever heard of. Including the low reading Gruppe-S dyno that everybody thinks is the worst heartbreaker around.

If you do the math he is making like 415 at the crank. Pretty good for a VF22. On a dynojet he would be putting down around 335whp. By the same math he would be making around 450 lb/ft at the crank and would be making somewhere around 360wtq on a typical dynojet. I hope that puts the numbers in perspective a little for you. 290whp and 315wtq on that dyno is actually pretty impressive considering how little he has modified his car. Even if my math is a tad high (and I don't think it is) he is making very good power for a VF22.
+1. My STi sees 270 whp on 91 and 300whp on 100 ocatne using a dyno dynamics. He says to figure out crank power, to multiply by 1.38, (which sounds high) but puts me @ 415 crank hp, while @ 300 dynodynamics whp. So, I'd say your numbers look good.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #25
Paul
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 56203
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: south nj
Vehicle:
00 RSTI Coupe
Twin Scroll 2.5XTR EJ207

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDooo
I was just trying to make a comparison...and I did READ I know he said that Dyno read low...what I was trying to get at was how low...some people are nice enought to explain the situation rather than just yell at people for not reading, when the information that someone is looking for is not even there...i would like to thank SilverSurfer04STI for explain rather than yelling at fellow members....plus I've seen VF39s with similar mods put up numbers close to that something in my opinion is not adding up...im not trying to be a dick, i would just like to understand were your coming from...when you figure those numbers.

chris
A vf22 is not going make much more power if any then a vf39. His numbers seem about right for a low reading dyno so i dont know why you think something "is not adding up". Look at the a/f chart seems like a good tune to me.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
06 WRX TR VF-43 -- Agile Tuned -- 311 HP / 354 TQ brain juice Proven Power Bragging 22 10-28-2008 08:36 AM
06 wrx with VF43 tuned by Jorge DarthWRX06 Proven Power Bragging 27 08-20-2008 07:39 AM
06 STOCK WRX TR Tuned by Jorge - 230hp/293tq P&L Motorsports Inc. Proven Power Bragging 56 03-14-2007 09:25 AM
STI SR40 just got pro tuned by jorge jnorth85 Proven Power Bragging 70 04-06-2006 02:28 PM
Might be a drive for some of you but...Pro-tuner+utec meeting +tuning by Jorge mpower22 Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 2 06-06-2005 07:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.