Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 03:24 AM   #1
P03w
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29059
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Rocky Point and Skyline
Vehicle:
1992 Balvenie
Portwood

Default Thanks, Hollywood...or "How my gravel road got trashed by 3F&3F Tokyo dorifto..."

I just got home from a fantastic evening of Japanese dinner at Sungari in the Pearl district, followed by some phenomenal Hinzerling Angeliqua white port and a Fuente on a rooftop deck with friends. It was a good Saturday, and I drove home happy.

My good vibe has been turned sour. I'm guessing Three Fast & Three Furious Tokyo Dorifto whatever its called opened this weekend, right?

The gravel road to my house out here at the end of Skyline looks like someone just did 25,000 miles worth of damage to the car mommy & daddy bought them.

Figure 8's, donuts, and what look like several abruptly and narrowly averted catastrophically close calls with trees, ditches, and mailboxes.

...and it was graded by the county less than a month ago.

So... thanks a lot Hollywood. We really needed another Fast and the Furious franchise, and it had to be about drifting, didn't it.

I suspect there were other incidents last night and tonight as a direct consequence of this movie's influence, and bet this won't be the last of it.

I was (by chance) at GPmoto earlier today (Thanks S & especially H for your help) and according to one of the guys there, what seemed like more than half the cars in the lot at the theater Friday night for this show took off with tires squealing after the movie was over (this is secondhand hearsay on his part, not meaning to imply that anyone from GPmoto would be wasting time and money at this movie )...

...I can't wait to start collecting parts from the wrecks on Rocky Point...

I hate being made to feel like a grumpy old man, but...
You kids stay outta my yard!

-P03w
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by P03w; 06-18-2006 at 03:34 AM.
P03w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
4banginRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56193
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell, WA
Vehicle:
2004 Do-Luck WRX
WRB-Stage 4 Element Tuned

Default

Ohhh come on now. Lets stop with blaming the Movies/TV for these problems. Whoever it was is responsible for its own actions. Where ever he got the idea, was his own dumb thinking to copy it. Movies is just another for of art and imagination put on film. You can walk of the theater with your own opinion or your could live your life by it. Those that let them self get influenced by a movie, is far from a society that we know and call educated.
As far as blaming a movie for someone's action is just shallow. IMO you stated that its' FF3 that caused this, why would you say that, the Movie Cars has scenes that would suggest the same thing, and its a animation. Why not blame the movie CARS? Stereo typing a movie based on character eh? Don't forget these movies have been out for along time. And not only young kids doing stupid things, alot of the older people can be as dumb too.

So lets just say, that whoever it was responsible is responsible for his actions, where ever he got the idea from is his problem. No one in the movies/TV suggested he do this on his own time.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum03Wagon

My good vibe has been turned sour. I'm guessing Three Fast & Three Furious Tokyo Dorifto whatever its called opened this weekend, right?

The gravel road to my house out here at the end of Skyline looks like someone just did 25,000 miles worth of damage to the car mommy & daddy bought them.

Figure 8's, donuts, and what look like several abruptly and narrowly averted catastrophically close calls with trees, ditches, and mailboxes.

...and it was graded by the county less than a month ago.

So... thanks a lot Hollywood. We really needed another Fast and the Furious franchise, and it had to be about drifting, didn't it.

I suspect there were other incidents last night and tonight as a direct consequence of this movie's influence, and bet this won't be the last of it.

I was (by chance) at GPmoto earlier today (Thanks S & especially H for your help) and according to one of the guys there, what seemed like more than half the cars in the lot at the theater Friday night for this show took off with tires squealing after the movie was over (this is secondhand hearsay on his part, not meaning to imply that anyone from GPmoto would be wasting time and money at this movie )...

...I can't wait to start collecting parts from the wrecks on Rocky Point...

I hate being made to feel like a grumpy old man, but...
You kids stay outta my yard!

-P03w
4banginRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
P03w
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29059
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Rocky Point and Skyline
Vehicle:
1992 Balvenie
Portwood

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banginRex
Ohhh come on now. Lets stop with blaming the Movies/TV for these problems. Whoever it was is responsible for its own actions. Where ever he got the idea, was his own dumb thinking to copy it. Movies is just another for of art and imagination put on film. You can walk of the theater with your own opinion or your could live your life by it. Those that let them self get influenced by a movie, is far from a society that we know and call educated.
As far as blaming a movie for someone's action is just shallow. IMO you stated that its' FF3 that caused this, why would you say that, the Movie Cars has scenes that would suggest the same thing, and its a animation. Why not blame the movie CARS? Stereo typing a movie based on character eh? Don't forget these movies have been out for along time. And not only young kids doing stupid things, alot of the older people can be as dumb too.

So lets just say, that whoever it was responsible is responsible for his actions, where ever he got the idea from is his problem. No one in the movies/TV suggested he do this on his own time.
Hmmm...I wonder...

Ah-hah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banginRexinanotherthread
Welp saw the movie, was pretty good actually. Some funny parts and cheesy lines but.. the concept was good.
Yep. Guess we know where you stand on this argument. By the way, there's no real nice way to say this, but your attempt at counterpoint is very poorly worded, spelled, and thought out. My head hurts from reading it. Seriously. I'll dignify your comments with a response if you spend some time formulating something coherent.

P03w
P03w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
CosmoTheCat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 3409
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woolley
Vehicle:
1998 Ram 2500
Green.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum03Wagon
Hmmm...I wonder...

Ah-hah!



I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for making teh funn4y this morn.
CosmoTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
AmolaitoPR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38609
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Aspen White

Default

I've been to Tad's house for BBQ and driven that road. I really feel your pain and would be really pissed off if it would happen around my house. Regardless of who did it, it is inconsiderate and inmature. I don't care if it was done by a hillbilly 4x4 driver or a 16 y/o kid in mommy's Caddy. Tad and the other residents there HAVE to drive that road to get home. It's already bad enough that it's a gravel road and will be even worse now thanks to some fool.

I normally go out on Friday and Saturday nights and hang out with my buddies at KK. I stayed home this weekend because I know that the ass-clown factor would be very high. It was to be expected.
AmolaitoPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
AmolaitoPR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38609
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banginRex
As far as blaming a movie for someone's action is just shallow. IMO you stated that its' FF3 that caused this, why would you say that, the Movie Cars has scenes that would suggest the same thing, and its a animation. Why not blame the movie CARS? Stereo typing a movie based on character eh? Don't forget these movies have been out for along time. And not only young kids doing stupid things, alot of the older people can be as dumb too.
Your agument here is pointless and not well thought out. The "intended audience" for the movie Cars is kids. Yes, some adults do watch it but the scenes in it are clearly un-reallsitic due to it being animation. I don't think the damage on Skyline was caused by 5 year old kids driving Big Wheels or Green Machines.

Now, on the other hand, F2F is intended for adults and teens. People with cars that will more than likely be influenced to purchase the products overtly and subliminally advertised in the movie. Add to it the cool, realistic live-action driving stunts and you end up with massess of idiots attempting to immitate what they saw in a movie, because "it was so real" and they think "dude, I could do that". Movies and videos is what has caused the drifting scene to migrate to the US and become as popular as it has. Drifting would be a myth and not internationally known, had it not been for dudes doing what they saw in a movie or video.
AmolaitoPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #7
spdracr00
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 65823
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza L
Red

Default

I drove home fast from PIR yesterday, all the racing sounds and teh smell of race gas.. I couldnt help myself, i wanted to take the wrx out on the track and race with those guys... so I had to take it to the street! Yo!
spdracr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
MrMorninwood
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112148
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Stroking the Furry Walls
Vehicle:
I feel like I'm
in "2 Fast 2 furious."

Default

I played GTA San Andreas last night, and cos it was "so real", I had to go out and cap some fools, smack a few bitches up, and do a few drive-bys.
I completely blame the films and Video games for my actions...........
Elfin retards.
MrMorninwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #9
4banginRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56193
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell, WA
Vehicle:
2004 Do-Luck WRX
WRB-Stage 4 Element Tuned

Default

Quote:
Yep. Guess we know where you stand on this argument. By the way, there's no real nice way to say this, but your attempt at counterpoint is very poorly worded, spelled, and thought out. My head hurts from reading it. Seriously. I'll dignify your comments with a response if you spend some time formulating something coherent.
Based on this, using my quote on a movie, to shoot down a point? Does not say much about you either. Just because I don't agree with you 100%? Liking a movie does not make me a fan of those that do it on the street. There is a diifference when if or if I said I praise those that ruined your driveway. Yes a movie might have fueled the idea, but in the end we all have the will power to make the choice. "Yeah uh officer it's not my fault, I just saw the movie FF3, and it made me drift around corners, so give Hollywood the ticket for making it." They have people all over the world like this. Denial of their own actions, always blaming other sources for their action. Killing people because they saw some shootem up movie.

As for me saying the movie was good, yeah so, this does not make me in favor of what the kid did to your yard. I hope he gets arrested one day so he will learn his lesson. I keep the movies to the movies, I don't bring to movies into my personal life, or do I ever blame the movies for peoples action. Having seen many movies in my time, I have never based my judgement based on what I saw in the movie.


Quote:
Your agument here is pointless and not well thought out. The "intended audience" for the movie Cars is kids. Yes, some adults do watch it but the scenes in it are clearly un-reallsitic due to it being animation. I don't think the damage on Skyline was caused by 5 year old kids driving Big Wheels or Green Machines.
Still it shows a small part of drifting, fast driving and donuts. Oh and Im sure there were alot of teens that watched this as well as adults. We should blame Cars too because it's influencing our younger generation about racing.

Quote:
Movies and videos is what has caused the drifting scene to migrate to the US and become as popular as it has. Drifting would be a myth and not internationally known, had it not been for dudes doing what they saw in a movie or video.
Very true, but there is a difference between those that take it to the controled area. These people who do it in the controlled area has taken the initiative. The ability to seperate reality to just pure pleasure is something that most people can't do. The person who messed up the gravel was simply seeking pleasure for himself, and while he was doing this he was still in control of his mind to make the right choice not to continue.


So to end all this BS, yeah go ahead blame the movies and its makers, stop being responsible for your own action because someone else will always take the fall for your action. There's plenty of blame to go around. That's what this society is good at anyways. Being a puppet.
4banginRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
4banginRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56193
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell, WA
Vehicle:
2004 Do-Luck WRX
WRB-Stage 4 Element Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMorninwood
I played GTA San Andreas last night, and cos it was "so real", I had to go out and cap some fools, smack a few bitches up, and do a few drive-bys.
I completely blame the films and Video games for my actions...........
Elfin retards.

LOL!!!!
4banginRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
agenda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 105413
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Unincorporated King County
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

Default

You should put a sign on your road that says "don't use my road, go to Race World in Auburn!" A little kid just came into the store to race before going to see Tokyo Drift. I let him win against my Subaru.
Plus I need more people to race against. We could use the publicity. We're just sitting here eating pizza.
agenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
spdracr00
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 65823
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza L
Red

Default

I wonder if they had their own "hood hoties" while they were tearing up your driveway.. thats when you know you're super cool.. car chics!
spdracr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #13
odeezie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66053
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
02 Meanist looking
slow car ever

Default

I agree...you can't blame the media/entertainment industry, blame the individuals who aren't using their heads or perhaps their parental gaurdians who aren't teaching them respect and responsibility. I mean come on, I played quake when I was a kid and I'm like the least violent person I know! It all boils down to maturity, I think.

Sorry about your driveway though...that really blows!!
odeezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #14
4banginRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56193
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell, WA
Vehicle:
2004 Do-Luck WRX
WRB-Stage 4 Element Tuned

Default

Whooo Quake.. hehehe.. I remember my first games like Wolfenstien, and Decent... hahaha... fun days.
4banginRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #15
MrMorninwood
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112148
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Stroking the Furry Walls
Vehicle:
I feel like I'm
in "2 Fast 2 furious."

Default

asteroids, horace goes skiing, pac man. Those were the ish, back in the day.
I played the original outrun loads, but never once tried chucking the missus out the roof of my convertible.
MrMorninwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #16
deathinacan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 76826
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: washington
Vehicle:
2013 delorean
P.I.T.A. to clean silver

Default

i wouldnt blame them, but I would say that they truly do influence teens to use public roads to try maneuvers just like they saw on the big screen or on tv, instead of attending sanctioned events and getting their aggression out on the tarmac. Without showing them the alternatives to illegal street racing and ways to access these sanctioned events, you cant justify saying that hollywood isnt at least a litle bit at fault.

Truly, put this into perspective - a child sees hollywood star shoot someone with say a hand gun, but the person doesnt die... days later, the child finds his daddy's weapon - whats is the only thing that he knows about that weapon? it wont kill anyone, and its easy to use... why does the child think this? because all he knows is what hollywood feeds him through the television and movies.

Actions don't become a reality until a consequence of action is put into play ... pull the trigger, you kill a human. Drift your car on public roads, you get a HUGE fine or inflict severe property damage...

So, maybe the reason younger adults do this is to follow in the inspiration of what they have seen through someone elses actions - be it hollywood, or the 'cool thing to do' amongst their peers, to go to an open area thats populated and conduct illegal behavior, thats something the individual performing the act should be held accountable for... most youth and young adults (16-20 year olds) have no regard to the consequences of illegal driving...

Whether it is the individual's fault, or hollywoods fault, it doesnt matter - the fact remains - Pointing fingers in the search for someone to blame doesnt help anything to solve a re-occuring problem. Providing the education and a gateway to bring those individuals to sanctioned events i.e. - drifting, open lapping, drag racing, etc... - then it enables them to use a safe alternative to performing this on public roads...

Arguing whether hollywood is at fault or not doesnt help anything but to start a bickering complaint - Hollywood doesnt care if it causes more accidents from producing these films, and neither do the businesses that sponsor these movies... they do it because they know they promote their products, and boy does that make those products sell - kids WANT that car, or that body kit... regardless whether it does absolutely anything to the car or not... It becomes a thing of necessity when everyone has it... THAT is something that I can't stand... The commercialization of what should used to be a true import enthusiast past time. Something has to bring the distorted view of the scene back into perspective of its true roots...

IMO, all politics aside - My dream in the next 2-3 years is to create a world-wide broadcasted documentary about the true passion of the import scene... start with a kid who deals with the pressure to street race in his honda hatch back(but chooses to race at only sanctioned events), how he builds his own parts because he has little or no money for the brand name kits... how he works day in and day out at his job, and does his best to make money to help his family and build his car up for an ever-elusive faster time at the track... no body kit, no huge brand name, no rice... just a young man doing the right thing in his passion of the import scene...

just a lil sum'n sum'n i'm working on - it should be good - I'm going to have plenty of time to work on it while i'm in Iraq.. hehe..

kory
www.myspace.com/04stiguy

Last edited by deathinacan; 06-18-2006 at 10:51 PM.
deathinacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:23 PM   #17
MrMorninwood
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112148
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Stroking the Furry Walls
Vehicle:
I feel like I'm
in "2 Fast 2 furious."

Default

Isn't that what MTV's "pimp my ride" has been doing??? Jus Kiddin.
Sounds like a good project.
MrMorninwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:25 PM   #18
KaylieRian
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 99684
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Washington
Vehicle:
2000 RS-Silver
12 DGM Limited STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeezie
I mean come on, I played quake when I was a kid and I'm like the least violent person I know! It all boils down to maturity, I think.
Potato gun.... 'nuff said!!
KaylieRian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #19
spdracr00
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 65823
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza L
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banginRex
Whooo Quake.. hehehe.. I remember my first games like Wolfenstien, and Decent... hahaha... fun days.

hehe, decent, you are old...
spdracr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:24 AM   #20
AWD>FWD
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 107027
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodinville, WA
Vehicle:
2007 SWP WRX STi
w/MPS-built 2.34l

Default

Yay for blaming a movie for a single person's actions!
AWD>FWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #21
CosmoTheCat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 3409
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woolley
Vehicle:
1998 Ram 2500
Green.

Default

Um, some of you people are confused.

Point 1) He said "influenced", which you seem to think means "forced". Try looking the words up in a dictionary.

Point 2) He said "road", not "yard" or "driveway".

Point 3) We all know that the movie didn't force anybody to do anything, but glorifying behaviors and actions in film has LONG been proven to directly impact the behaviors and actions of individuals on the street. Why do you think that Jackass, Beavis and Butthead, and Mythbusters all have warning disclaimers requesting that people attempt to refrain from trying what they see? It's because people are influenced by their surroundings. Life mimics art.

So... why are you all getting so bent about somebody trash-talking a movie with bad acting, poor writing, lame cars, and a horrible story line?
CosmoTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:04 AM   #22
AWD>FWD
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 107027
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodinville, WA
Vehicle:
2007 SWP WRX STi
w/MPS-built 2.34l

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio102
Um, some of you people are confused.

Point 1) He said "influenced", which you seem to think means "forced". Try looking the words up in a dictionary.

Point 2) He said "road", not "yard" or "driveway".

Point 3) We all know that the movie didn't force anybody to do anything, but glorifying behaviors and actions in film has LONG been proven to directly impact the behaviors and actions of individuals on the street. Why do you think that Jackass, Beavis and Butthead, and Mythbusters all have warning disclaimers requesting that people attempt to refrain from trying what they see? It's because people are influenced by their surroundings. Life mimics art.

So... why are you all getting so bent about somebody trash-talking a movie with bad acting, poor writing, lame cars, and a horrible story line?

As I read this, it is not the fact that he is blaming the movie. The movie sucked, but it was entertaining. It is that he is saying that young people or people that watch movies do not have any self control. He is trying to say, that since his driveway was messed up the weekend a new Fast and Furious movie came out that it was the movie that made the person mess up his driveway. What if they had done it the weekend "Herbie Fully Loaded" came out, would you be blaming Lindsay Lohan and the rest of the cast for causing "some young punk" to mess up your property?

No. Do not blame society, the movie, or TV for one person's dumb actions. Blame the moron that thought that messing up a gravel driveway would be super fun!

Not everyone that saw that movie went home and drag raced/drifted their cars. Hell I drove home slower after I saw that movie!
AWD>FWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:06 AM   #23
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathinacan
IMO, all politics aside - My dream in the next 2-3 years is to create a world-wide broadcasted documentary about the true passion of the import scene... start with a kid who deals with the pressure to street race in his honda hatch back(but chooses to race at only sanctioned events), how he builds his own parts because he has little or no money for the brand name kits... how he works day in and day out at his job, and does his best to make money to help his family and build his car up for an ever-elusive faster time at the track... no body kit, no huge brand name, no rice... just a young man doing the right thing in his passion of the import scene...
Check out this DVD if you haven't already:

http://www.r-generation.com

Currently, it's the definitive documentary on the import scene. It looks at the scene's roots in Southern California, how street racers like Stephan Papadakis and the Bergenholtz family turned legit and revolutionized drag racing to support imports, and how other street racers like RJ de Vera actually turned toward the show scene instead. You basically see every aspect of the import scene and culture...some things you'll scoff at, others you'll be like "wow that's badass" or what you personally may think of as "the right thing" for the import scene.

And just another thing to keep in mind for everyone...just because we're all Subaru owners, which happen to be imports, doesn't automatically make us all part of "the import scene." Many of us might not even own Subarus if it wasn't in part due to the growth of the import scene, but there is a key difference between a "car enthusiast" and a member of "the import scene." Some of us are both, and others are one or the other.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:09 AM   #24
Verdugo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15341
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sea-Town, WA
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Default

Oh and I'd also like to add, I actually enjoyed the movie. I didn't think the acting was bad at all, the cars were a million times better than in the previous movies, and the story line, as basic as it was, wasn't totally ridiculous like the first two. Just my opinion, of course
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:09 AM   #25
AWD>FWD
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 107027
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodinville, WA
Vehicle:
2007 SWP WRX STi
w/MPS-built 2.34l

Default

What would you call the "Import Scene" exactly?

It is a very hard thing to put your finger on, is it not?

Is the Import Scene enjoying techno and going to meets, or is it listening to techno and street racing in Kent?
AWD>FWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my cookies just got devoured by interoffice interlopers. AC Lerok Off-Topic 7 12-20-2005 09:19 AM
My car nearly got burninated by a big truck (MS Paint diagram!!!11) MattDell Off-Topic 2 11-13-2005 05:30 PM
ahaha my dumbass sister got hit by a car incorporeal Off-Topic 13 03-17-2005 11:54 PM
My friends/acquaintances got bust3d by the five-oh stiguy555 Off-Topic 16 02-23-2003 06:04 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.