Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:54 AM   #1
greek
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 118734
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L Wagon
White

Question Interior swap possible with 95 impreza l wagon

Ok i have a 1995 Subaru Impreza L wagon with tan or beige interior. And the cloth part of the trim is multi-shaded tan with bright blue specks. I want to convert it to either Black or gray interior. But im not sure whats compatable with it. Are there any options such as just bolting on a different interior, maybe a wrx wagon if thats possible. And for the steering wheel and dashboard there are airbags and im not sure if its urban legend/myth that removing the saftey covers can cause the airbags to go off. If thats true is there a way to avoid it?

Ive also been trying to find the seats for the 05 wrx to see if they work with the brackets that my car uses, but i havent been able to find any. Are they just rare?

Thanks ~ Chris
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Member#: 369
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
12 Vagon

I have an 05 WRX Wagon front and rear seats in my 99 OBS, which should be the same as your 95.

Front seats bolt in, but sit higher, if you are tall and/or race where you need a helmet you may have to do further modifications to get the height corrected. I am short, so I didn't bother.

Rear seats the short answer for my 05 WRX Wagon into my 99 is no, they do not bolt in, even with swapping brackets. You can make them fit with a combination of old/new brackets, drilling new holes in the rear seat frames, new hardware, and some trial and error. They are slightly narrower, but nothing too noticeable, probably about 3/4" per side.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
greek
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L Wagon
White

what about the door panels too?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Vehicle:
12 Vagon

I know the 2002+ door panels are not able to be swapped. I am not sure which years 93-2001 are interchangeable. I think there were some changes, but not sure that prevents them from being swapped.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
greek
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L Wagon
White

Well i hope someone can give me a little info on it but thanks AaronB btw where would i find seats to swap out cause i dont use Ebay
Old 07-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
slOwOldscOOby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 119172
Vehicle:
1999 outback sport
silver

Default obs seat swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronB
I have an 05 WRX Wagon front and rear seats in my 99 OBS, which should be the same as your 95.

Front seats bolt in, but sit higher, if you are tall and/or race where you need a helmet you may have to do further modifications to get the height corrected. I am short, so I didn't bother.

Rear seats the short answer for my 05 WRX Wagon into my 99 is no, they do not bolt in, even with swapping brackets. You can make them fit with a combination of old/new brackets, drilling new holes in the rear seat frames, new hardware, and some trial and error. They are slightly narrower, but nothing too noticeable, probably about 3/4" per side.
did your front seats just swap/bolt in or were modifications required? what made you decide to do so? what other mods do you have (i have the same car)
slOwOldscOOby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
AaronB
Worst Mod Ever

Vehicle:
12 Vagon

Front seats bolt in, but sit higher, if you are tall and/or race where you need a helmet you may have to do further modifications to get the height corrected. I am short, so I didn't bother. The ONLY modification I did to the seats was swap the buckle from the old seat to the new seat as the 99 seatbelt didn't plug into the 05 buckle.

I swapped the interior as I like the integrated headrests of the 05, plus I don't care for the OBS interior fabrics.

My OBS has a large number of modifications including a WRX motor conversion, STi tranny, etc.