|07-03-2006, 01:55 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: South King CountyVehicle:
Boost Spiking After Changing Maps with Cobb AP (kind of long)
First off, i have searched and have learned many things about boost spiking and the reasons why it happens, but still cant really find anything with the same as my problem.
Car Info: 04 with VF34, Sti Pinks, 255 fp, TurboXS TBE, HKS BOV, and i was running on the Cobbs AP VF34 Map, also running 18psi boost.
Before last night i had never accounted this huge of Boost Spike!
Well i was changing my base map with the ap becuase i only had it set on stage 1, but i was running the vf34 map on the realtime map. And while trying to do this i keep coming up with errors: Voltage too Low (its not), cannot connect to ECU. So I figured it was just the diagport cable (i heard these go out somtimes) So i figured i'll just pick a new one up in the next couple of days.
After all this me and the gf were going out for the night and i like to step on it a little coming out on the 50mph road i come out on. well it boosts up faster then ever and hits 20 psi, so i thought oh a little boost spike, happens sometimes. but then it drops all the way down to 10psi and stays there. This was all in second gear. Third gear does the same. BUT I DID NOT THROW A CODE!
Ok.... So here are the possibilities it might be and why i do/dont think its them.
1. HKS BOV - some people say that a atsmopheric BOV can cause this. I have had this on the car for over 5 months and no problems.
2. Leaking hose somewhere - I've checked over and over. tightened things and still nothing.
3. No Cat = no back pressure - i dont know if this is true but i have had the TBE on for about a month and no problems as of now.
4. Need to get my wastegate open up more - again no problems as of now with it.
5. Screwed up ECU - This is my theory just because it seems weird that happened right after messing with the AP. I did notice that i did have the radio on while trying to change the base map (dumb mistake)... But i heard if you screw up the ECU with the Cobb AP you wouldn't be able to start the car.
6. Stuck in Stage 1 on Cobb AP - I dont think that this matters but does it? Since i never got it changed did it just reset itself to the base map after the errors?
Car still Drives fine just as long as i dont get high into boost. Also i have noticed it is running a lot more rich, more and bigger backfires and smells a little bit more. Kinda poor at the moment so taking it to a shop is really the last option.
Any advice/ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Boost Spiking Using After Changing Maps with Cobb AP (kind of long)||Gray_Scale||AccessPort||2||07-03-2006 02:08 PM|
|Modified Injectors with Cobb AP Base Map 2.5||wrx904||Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain||14||10-08-2005 04:59 PM|
|Probs with Cobb AP Map Manager||turfshark||Engine Management & Tuning||3||05-23-2005 11:50 PM|
|AccessPort: Can you change maps with Someone elses AP?||kellie00||Engine Management & Tuning||5||05-03-2005 01:03 AM|
|Unable to change Maps with AP||Scoob_13||Engine Management & Tuning||8||01-24-2005 01:43 AM|