Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-04-2000, 04:49 PM   #1
MPREZYA
SCIC

Member#: 85
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Post Do the KYB/AGX's fit the Legacy turbo's(along with other parts).

I might be getting one to replace my Impreza and was wondering if the suspension (Ground Control Coilovers) would work on the Legacy turbo. Also what after market exhausts are available for them (just wondering) other than the Scooby Sport?
Rich
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MPREZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 07:10 PM   #2
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

Hi I think the AGX shock will direct fits to the Legacy turbo since the imperza and Legacy use the same parts #
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 08:06 PM   #3
MPREZYA
SCIC

I thought so since I found that as well I was just hoping there was a turbo owner like Shik who has them to confirm. Thanks Ben.
Rich
Old 08-05-2000, 08:24 AM   #4
Ben
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver

I just put those AGX shocks with Stock spring on to my 92 Legacy turbo. I set it to 2f and 5r. At the first track day, I do have a lot of oversteering. The stock spring works good and since I don't wants to lower the car so this set is good to me too!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2000, 02:30 PM   #5
Shik
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 132
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 GT Ltd 5spd sdn
2015 WRX 6spd CWP

Mprezya, believe it or not, I still have to stock suspension on my car with 121k miles Talk about shot.

Anyways, I believe the 91 Turbos used a different strut/spring set-up then the later models so as long as your Turbo is 92+, you shouldn't have a problem as Ben said. One other thing to consider is the difference in weight between the Legacy and Impreza. Your current springs may not be best suited for the Legacy but if your not too concerned with race car handling, it will probably be livable.

As far as exhaust systems go, there is next to none readily available for the Turbos. Depending on what your after, your best bet would be to find a muffler you like and get it in a universal style( no piping, just the muffler), and have a decent exhaust shop put it on for you. If you are truly after power, again, have a decent exhaust shop make a system up for you from the turbo back. The downpipe is where the power is hiding. Good luck.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 08:47 PM   #6
MPREZYA
SCIC

The turbo I am looking at if I sell my car is a 1992 with 80K miles on it so far so good. The spring rates I have are 275F 225R so I figure that shouldn't be much of a problem. I would like to transfer the wheels and tires I have as well as anything else that might be possible.
Rich
Old 08-06-2000, 09:26 PM   #7
DLC
out back

Member#: 1964
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
01 BH
Blue/Bronze

Shox.com quoted me $459 for a set of four for a 91 Turbo.

Where are you getting your Turbo and for how much? If you can't sell your car i'd be interested in that one, especially with so few miles.
DLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2000, 05:40 PM   #8
MPREZYA
SCIC

I'll put a link up in a few I will have to find it but it is local to me down here near San Diego (what a suprise).
Rich
Old 08-09-2000, 10:16 PM   #9
MPREZYA
SCIC

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...1992&ac_afflt= none&address=92054&borschtid=21676073062358834100& search_type=FindSale&make=SUB&model=LEGACY&distanc e=100&y=11&x=11&sort_type=sort_by_price

Umm I hope that works if not do a search on auto trader for 1992 Leagacy's and the first one should be a turbo. It is an auto with @80K miles. Enjoy unless I get it first LOL.
Rich