Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
swaybarhelp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 116381
Default MRT exhaust on 2.5RS?

I have the oppertunity to pick up an MRT exhaust for my 2005 saab 92x. I love this exhaust and it really is exactly what I was looking for, stealth, sounds good, rare, etc. However, my concerns are two fold. First, will the 3 inch piping on just the axleback portion be detrimental? Also, How big a job is the rotating of the flange or whatever that needs to be done to WRX/STi exhausts for RS fitment? Please provide as much detail in your answers as possible, it would be MUCH appreciated. If this goes well this should be the first saabaru w/ an MRT exhaust I think...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
swaybarhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Bootleg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76173
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited
Steel Grey

Thumbs down 3" exhaust on n/a

3" exhaust (IMHO) will be way too much for a n/a 2.5. you'll lose lots of torque and it will kill the powerband. only good thing you'll get is a slight increase in top end (4,500+rpm) but it wont be big enough top make up for the rest of the loses. you really shouldn't go with an exhaust larger than 2.25" because it just kills the backpressure.

as far as rotating the flang goes it's just exactly what it sounds like. cut off the flang on the axle back, rotate it around 30 degrees (or whatever it is to make it fit) and then weld it back on. most exhaust shops can do ti for $20-$40.

you know MRT does make an exhaust for the 2.5 n/a right?
Bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote