Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Legacy Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-03-2000, 01:02 PM   #1
llonman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1002
Vehicle:
97 Impreza OBS
Green

I have a 97 OBS and I have been running the Dunlop D60A2(205/60/15)tires for about 30,000 miles. I think the tireS ARE GREAT, they are much better than the RE930's that were on the car stock. They may not be the stickiest tires but they feel confident in the rain and snow. You would probably want to go with a 215/65 so they speedometer will stay fairly accurate, only off by less than a mph. I dont think that those tires comein RW lettering though, so you will have a slightly different look. I lost the RW letters on my OBS and dont mind a bit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
llonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 12:20 AM   #2
SLIG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1043
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS Coupe
Sedona Red

Post Replacement tires for Outback?

Our '96 Outback tires are over 50,000 now and still have some tread left. We're planning a long driving vacation and think I should replace the aged Micheleins with something new. Does anybody have any suggestions? We do 95% paved roads (kind of fast) and some dirt/logging roads everynow and then. I liked the Dunlop D60A2 on my AWD Talon. The guy at Costco has Micheleins for $93 and Re92s for $78. I have the Re92s on my RS and although everyone on the Impreza board whines about them, I'm OK with them so far. I've even autocrossed them once and will next week-end too. I got the Outback out on the track at Buttonwillow a couple of years ago and did several laps with stock driving pressures. They did pretty well considering. Anyway, any sugestions on replacement tires? What about going to a 215-65 or 60 -15? It has 205-70 15s now. Sorry to ramble on. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by SLIG (edited August 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by SLIG (edited August 03, 2000).]
SLIG is offline   Reply With Quote