Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Lightbulb Official Non-BCS College Football thread.

Fresno State season ticket holder here. *flame suit on*

Just trying to see what, if any, fans of non-bcs football schools we got here on teh OT. I got alot of catching up to do but perhaps some of you can elighten me about your favorite program.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Full_Clip
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22218
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: University of Florida
Default



chris619
dr_wheel


Full_Clip will post some GIS gator photos later.
Full_Clip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Clip


chris619
dr_wheel


Full_Clip will post some GIS gator photos later.
Yeah, the "other" thread had way too much "BCS" in it. But I will always respect the team on the field. Too bad many do not see it that way. Because that is where things get settled and not by throwing around money, attendance, geographical area, bull crap, etc.

Btw, do you know anything about my team? I know some about your team and tradition.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
wolf8314
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9185
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Still just Coots
Vehicle:
2012 Toyota Tundra
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilferJr
Yeah, the "other" thread had way too much "BCS" in it. But I will always respect the team on the field. Too bad many do not see it that way. Because that is where things get settled and not by throwing around money, attendance, geographical area, bull crap, etc.

Btw, do you know anything about my team? I know some about your team and tradition.
???we talk about Non BCS schools as well. Matter of fact Fresno State was a huge topic of discussion last year, along with Boise State and Bowling Green. SHOOT we have ever had length conversations about Div-1AA schools




I nkow Fresno State is a very dangerous team, have a good coach with an innovative offense. Bring your discussion over to the other thread, it will get more attention there
wolf8314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf8314
???we talk about Non BCS schools as well. Matter of fact Fresno State was a huge topic of discussion last year, along with Boise State and Bowling Green. SHOOT we have ever had length conversations about Div-1AA schools




I nkow Fresno State is a very dangerous team, have a good coach with an innovative offense. Bring your discussion over to the other thread, it will get more attention there
Thanks for the invite. I think I want to stay here and see what happens. I should have been more specific earlier but I meant Div-1A, NON-BCS schools.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
wolf8314
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9185
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Still just Coots
Vehicle:
2012 Toyota Tundra
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilferJr
Thanks for the invite. I think I want to stay here and see what happens. I should have been more specific earlier but I meant Div-1A, NON-BCS schools.
I can tell you what will happen.............


[crickets]
wolf8314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
WagonMonster
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3781
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Napa Valley
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT Wagon
2009 Forester X Limited

Default

GO DUCKS!

WagonMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf8314
I can tell you what will happen.............


[crickets]
We shall see... And if does happen, you will see me over there. Really, your invitation is appreciated. I will only bump a few times during the week and if nothing. Then that would be ok.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #9
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
GO DUCKS!

Darn it... that is so BCS... Are you a Alumni or something? Or judging by your location...shouldn't you be rooting for USC?
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
WagonMonster
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 3781
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Napa Valley
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT Wagon
2009 Forester X Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilferJr
Darn it... that is so BCS... Are you a Alumni or something? Or judging by your location...shouldn't you be rooting for USC?
I'm a U of O alumni, yes.

Oh, and **** USC
WagonMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
I'm a U of O alumni, yes.

Oh, and **** USC
They coming to our house this season. Haha. Good luck to your team and may the BETTER team win. Btw, I will be there cheering my lungs out.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #12
BUstang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115504
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
2012 Boss 302
Kona Blue

Default



sic em' bitches!
BUstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #13
ptclaus98
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87888
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle:
1988 Toyota Supra
Boredom Personified

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilferJr
Yeah, the "other" thread had way too much "BCS" in it. But I will always respect the team on the field. Too bad many do not see it that way. Because that is where things get settled and not by throwing around money, attendance, geographical area, bull crap, etc.

Btw, do you know anything about my team? I know some about your team and tradition.
Oh, waaah. Cry us a river, really.
ptclaus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98
Oh, waaah. Cry us a river, really.
Hello. Are you part of the "BCS?" Are you: One of those dude/ettes that believes in monopylizing college football? One of those dudes/ettes that think any football school outside a "BCS" conference can't hang on the field or dare I say, WIN? Or are you just trying to be an e-bully?

Anyhow, it matters not to me.

Have a nice time somewhere else.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #15
ptclaus98
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87888
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Vehicle:
1988 Toyota Supra
Boredom Personified

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DilferJr
Hello. Are you part of the "BCS?" Are you: One of those dude/ettes that believes in monopylizing college football? One of those dudes/ettes that think any football school outside a "BCS" conference can't hang on the field or dare I say, WIN? Or are you just trying to be an e-bully?

Anyhow, it matters not to me.

Have a nice time somewhere else.
No. No. No.(Even though UT wiped their butts with Fresno on 03) No.


You're using the fact that your team is out of a BCS conference as a copout to not post in the "big boys" thread. When, in fact, if you were to post there, you could fit in just fine. And you can't whine about not being able to make the BCS unless your team could win against those type of teams on a regular basis. I.E. Louisville.
ptclaus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #16
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98
No. No. No.(Even though UT wiped their butts with Fresno on 03) No.


You're using the fact that your team is out of a BCS conference as a copout to not post in the "big boys" thread. When, in fact, if you were to post there, you could fit in just fine. And you can't whine about not being able to make the BCS unless your team could win against those type of teams on a regular basis. I.E. Louisville.
Not the case at all. I only created this thread to see how much interest lies in non-bcs schools on teh OT, as the vast majority of posts in the other thread relate to BCS schools. Like i said in one my initial post, if the interest is not there. I will gladly go over to the other thread.

In case you have not noticed that is exactly why the BCS stinks. You can hang with them and beat them once in a while and still not be able to enter into the BCS. There way to many other factors that play into getting your school or league in the BCS (i.e. money, politics, academics, etc.). If it were as simple as settling it all on the field all would be well. But it isn't and that is why the BCS stinks. I know a play-off has been discussed but do you think the BCS as a whole wants that? I don't think so. Even if, for example, a Washington State in the PAC-10 can dwell at the cellar of their conference for years and still get paid and all just because you are in the BCS affiliated PAC-10. And that goes for all bottom feeders of each BCS affiliated Conference.

Fyi, if you have ever payed real good attention to Fresno State, you would know that we do not hesitate to play ANYONE, ANYWHERE, and ANYTIME. Even if we get our asses handed to us. And the quality of player we churn out is NFL quality. i.e Dilfer, Carr, Volek, Berrian, Mankins, etc, etc. Just trying to point out that we have a team that deserves a shot at playing for big time stakes. Even if we suck at winning our own conference. Haha. But alot of schools stand to lose more than to gain if they give us a shot becuase we are a legitimate threat to their "perfect plan." And thus, if we sign a deal they more than likely would back out as a couple of BCS schools already have. Btw, I give major respect to BCS schools for agreeing to play us. Whether it be here or at their place.

Its just college football, but can we just get a damn play-off already? SETTLE IT ON THE FIELD!

Anyhow, do i make sense?
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUstang


sic em' bitches!
Uh...is that boston university?
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #18
02BluWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 17924
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Coral Springs , Florida
Vehicle:
2008 Prius
Blue

Default

Former Baylor coach is who I want to be Florida State's new coach Kevin Steele
02BluWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #19
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BluWRX
Former Baylor coach is who I want to be Florida State's new coach Kevin Steele
WTH? Did I miss the boat on this one? Mr. Bowden is retiring or did he already?
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #20
Full_Clip
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22218
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: University of Florida
Default

Each year around November the entire college football thread is all about BCS points and the discussion will probably be done again. Everyone in there has stated that a playoff system would be nice, but its going to be tough to schedule in an additional 3-4 more games to get a championship bracket. Football's structure would simply be a waste of time to do some sort of March Maddness style tournament because many of the top tier teams could crush a lot of the mid and low pack D1A teams. The system works in basketball because the nature of the game allows you to do more games than once a week, plus there are a lot more venues to do college basketball games because it is much easier to schedule around pro basketball. Plus, the speed and scoring of basketball allows for upset games, much more so than in football. You rarely see teams as talented as Florida in the 2006 March Maddness tournament crush everyone by 10, 15, and 20 point margins every game.

Some of the preseason voting is BS and a lot of teams get screwed by it, but for the most part, the top 10 teams in the nation at the beginning of the season all have a shot of at least #2. Most of the top 10 teams are generally deserving of their rank too.

chris619
dr_wheel


Full_Clip just wants the season to start already.
Full_Clip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #21
Johnny Knoxville
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 18508
Join Date: May 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: OH-IO
Default

go buckeyes!
Johnny Knoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #22
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Clip
Each year around November the entire college football thread is all about BCS points and the discussion will probably be done again. Everyone in there has stated that a playoff system would be nice, but its going to be tough to schedule in an additional 3-4 more games to get a championship bracket. Football's structure would simply be a waste of time to do some sort of March Maddness style tournament because many of the top tier teams could crush a lot of the mid and low pack D1A teams. The system works in basketball because the nature of the game allows you to do more games than once a week, plus there are a lot more venues to do college basketball games because it is much easier to schedule around pro basketball. Plus, the speed and scoring of basketball allows for upset games, much more so than in football. You rarely see teams as talented as Florida in the 2006 March Maddness tournament crush everyone by 10, 15, and 20 point margins every game.

Some of the preseason voting is BS and a lot of teams get screwed by it, but for the most part, the top 10 teams in the nation at the beginning of the season all have a shot of at least #2. Most of the top 10 teams are generally deserving of their rank too.

chris619
dr_wheel


Full_Clip just wants the season to start already.
I see your point. This is the land of FOOTBALL. We can make it happen. I won't go into the specifics of "plans" that i have seen that employ a play-off type system, but I know it is possible. But all the money to be lost is just too much to give up for some schools. And to me, i know money talks but our product on the field can PLAY. A play-off might never happen but for the sake of all that is good, worthy and legitimate schools like Fresno State, Boise St, Marshall, Bowling Green, Utah, etc. sometimes to not get a fair shake at this "high stakes poker table." Anyhow, i know the BCS thing has been beaten to death and I will try to steer as much away from arguing against it as much as possible.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #23
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Knoxville
go buckeyes!
*sigh* I will give it a week before I give up on this thread.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #24
wvallwheeldrive
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92411
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I require a proof reader
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

div 2 and 3 have playoff systems why can't div 1 schools do it
wvallwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #25
DilferJr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 21039
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Vehicle:
RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvallwheeldrive
div 2 and 3 have playoff systems why can't div 1 schools do it
Werd.
DilferJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TXIC's own *Official 2009 NCAA College Football Thread* MyRad25rs Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 34 12-06-2009 02:06 AM
Official West Coast college football thread Highbred Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC 8 09-20-2007 12:04 PM
Official West Coast college football thread Highbred Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 0 09-18-2007 08:20 PM
Official West Coast college football thread Highbred Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 0 09-18-2007 08:16 PM
The Delusional College Football thread WagonMonster Off-Topic 31 09-27-2005 12:36 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.