Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday June 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-21-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
D3F0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265799
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1988 Subaru RX TURBO
White

Default 1988 Subaru RX Fuel Line replacement Help

Hey everyone I am trying to find out a way to upgrade and fix the fuel lines in my Subaru RX turbo. Currently it is leaking from the main four lines below.

Another close up view.

All the lines in the rear of this car are terrible. I need advice on what I should buy to fix these. I know I cant use compression fittings but with a car this rare I do not know where to look for these lines.

Also I would like to find a better replacement for the external fuel pump pictured below.

I am going to swap the EA82 for this car out for an NA EJ25 so the fuel system has to be fixed and serviced properly.
Any advice would be appreicated very much.
D3F0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Vehicle:
2016 STI LTD CWP w/
blade wing from factory

It is for a brake-system that you cannot use compression fittings.

You will have to effect fabricating your own lines. Even for newer vehicles pre-bent fuel-lines are not available.

You can also flare each open-end, use rated fuel-hose, and pinch-style clamps (single-pinch or double-pinch), to connect the lines together. It is not required that the fuel-lines be connected via union or compression fitting.

If you must replace all lines, then you will have to cut each in a staggered fashion if possible. By doing so, this will allow for mating each line together without much interference from the next repaired couple-joint, and so-on.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
D3F0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265799
Vehicle:
1988 Subaru RX TURBO
White

thanks for the advice I believe I am going to use high pressure Nylon fuel line to patch it all together using the method you just said.
D3F0 is offline   Reply With Quote