Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
mvitic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32858
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX WAGON
Silver

Default STG2: Flashing CEL but no CEL code

Hi Guys,

This morning on the way to work I had the CEL flashing after some spirited driving. After I eased off to a more commuter style pace the CEL stoped flashing and went away. When I arrived to work I checked for CEL codes and the Accessport reported that there were none, what gives, were these CELs the ones that the STAGE 2 clears?

BTW, I have a STAGE 2 with PDE uppipe, PDE downpipe and a full turbo back exhaust from BPM.

Thanks,

Michael
Ottawa Canada
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mvitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
TMessick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 882
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
very blue

Flashing MIL usually means that the ECU thinks it's detecting misfire. Specifically, it thinks it's seeing enough misfire to damage the catalyst. There have been several cases on scoobys where the combination of a lightweight flywheel and lightweight/underdrive pulley has caused a false misfire MIL. (basically, the ECU monitors the crankshaft signal to detect misfire. Lighter reciprocating mass will cause more variation in the crank signature for a "good" system, but the ECU can falsely detect this as misfire.) I'm not sure which codes the AP explicitly turns off (check the map notes for the map you're running) -- looking at the notes for the stage1/2 maps, I don't see the misfire codes disabled (P0300-P0304)....
TMessick is offline   Reply With Quote