Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 122759
Default Aquamist 2d Installed Not Spraying

Hi, I just installed my Aquamist 2d system and it is not spraying. The green light blinks and the red light comes on solid when I hit about 8 pounds of boost. The only problem is that when I have the nozzle on the windsheild I see no mist. Any help woold be great. The aquamist forums are down right now and I can't get ahold of Richard either. Thank you. Philip.
PhilipK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85153
Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
Hi, I just installed my Aquamist 2d system and it is not spraying. The green light blinks and the red light comes on solid when I hit about 8 pounds of boost. The only problem is that when I have the nozzle on the windsheild I see no mist. Any help woold be great. The aquamist forums are down right now and I can't get ahold of Richard either. Thank you. Philip.
Forum will still be down for another week due to bugs on the lastest version.

The manifold pressure switch is set to 10psi from the factory. You can unplug one of the terminal from the pressure switch, simulating a 10 psi boost.

You can also email me directly at [email protected] for a quicker reaponse.

Richard

Last edited by Richard L; 08-28-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Richard L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

If you turn the screw on the pressure switch does it change when the water sparys? Also, I did unplug a plug from the pressure switch and nothing happened.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:30 AM   #4
Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

Do you have one of our latest system with new loom? the loom comes with a water level sensor.

Could you ground the brown wire to the HSV and let me know if there are water spray? This will open up the HSV 100%.

Richard
Old 08-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

I grounded the brown wire and that car died. Also, when the red light becomes solid the car feels like it bogs and the pump makes a very loud noise. I thought that I primed it correctly. Let me know what this means.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:07 AM   #6
Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

This is not normal especially the water jet was not spraying internally.
Please check if you has hooked up the red and green wire is spliced in the right place.
If you disconnect the green wire, the green led led should not blink. If it does, you may have wired the red wire to the wrong side of the fuel injector.

If the pump makes a loud noise, the priming is not done completely. Loosen the blanking plug on the 806-201 manifold and let all the air out and retighten it.

Did you connect the fault led on the dash so I can have a easier task of finding the fault. (led between orange and red wire)

Richard

Last edited by Richard L; 08-30-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

I will try everything that you said on Friday when I get home and let you know what happens. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

I snipped the green wire and the LED was blinking. Does this mean all I have to do is switch where the wires are connected? Also, I do have the LED wired for the blocked jet.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #9
Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

Quote:
I snipped the green wire and the LED was blinking. Does this mean all I have to do is switch where the wires are connected? Also, I do have the LED wired for the blocked jet.
It looks like the red wire is hooked up to the "pulsed" side of the injector.

Please remove the red wire and hook it up to any switched 12V source. If the pulsing stops. Connect the green wire.

Richard
Old 09-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
PhilipK
Scooby Newbie

Okay, I just connected the red wire to the 12v switched and the green back to where it was and then I tested the system and it sprays! Thank you so much. Also, what is a good psi to have the water start spraying at? I will be boosting up to 15 psi - 18 psi. Thank you again Richard.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Richard L
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

Quote:
Okay, I just connected the red wire to the 12v switched and the green back to where it was and then I tested the system and it sprays! Thank you so much. Also, what is a good psi to have the water start spraying at? I will be boosting up to 15 psi - 18 psi. Thank you again Richard.
I am glad it worked. I have almost run out of ideas.

The 2d can spray at idle if you want, the duty cycle is about 0.001%. But I wouldn't do it to often as the small throttle opening means you will be collecting some water in your intercooler.

I guess you can start at 5psi - no ill effect or over water since it will only follow the FIDC.

Richard

Last edited by Richard L; 09-01-2006 at 04:02 PM.