Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
blkstar15
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (12)

Member#: 363892
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch Prem
SWP

Default MonkeyBone Racing & Solid Modification Vent Gauge Pod

Hey NASIOC,

***I apologize in advance if I started a thread in the wrong section, please relocate if necessary***

I just wanted to share some products I recently installed. The reason for this post; I have had the pleasure of running a few set ups and this recent set up has managed to suppress my OCD tendencies. I know there are many people out there who share the same curse, so before you start dropping money read this and maybe it help will answer any lingering questions you may have. Also I should mentioned I do not endorse any of these companies; I just wanted to share my experiences with other members, saving time and money is the goal.

1st set up: SMY cluster

-This product is fantastically made. The quality is amazing, the material matches OEM 100%. The fitment is also spot on with not visible issues. IMO, this gauge cluster is on the higher end of pricing, but you get what you pay for which is a top notch product. I ran this set up for a month until I decided it just wasn't for me. It is hard to explain but the interior felt cluttered and I also felt it did not flow well.

2nd set up:

Solid Modification vent gauge pod-

The guys over at SM really outdid themselves with this product. The fitment is amazing and quality is also on the same level. For being a aftermarket product it matches very well with the rest of the interior. Install is straight forward and takes less than 15 min.

MonkeyBone Racing vent gauge pod-

This vent gauge pod has been on my radar for a long time and I just never pulled the trigger. There are not many reviews of this product online which is what enforced my hesitation. After selling my SMY cluster I decided to buy the MB Racing product. The quality of this product is top notch. Surprisingly the color matched the OEM interior 100% and fitment was spot on. The color is a matte wrinkle black which blends well with the interior. Let me just say this this is not just some flimsy plastic piece, it's extremely durable and light. There are vent holes that are actually functional; while the air flow is not comparable to the stock piece, it was a welcomed sacrifice I was willing to embrace.

http://monkeyboneracing.com/product/vent-pods/

-Bellow are some horrible quality cell phone pictures (I will update with better quality photos at a later time).

-The gauges I decided to go with where Prosport EVO gauges. People have different opinions regarding these gauges, but personally they suit my needs. I could not justify spending 600-1k on gauges. Surprisingly the quality and functionality of these gauges are impressive. Maybe some time in the future I will install some other gauges.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by blkstar15; 03-31-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: edit
blkstar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
WilR
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 343078
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstar15 View Post
Wow nice I have been wondering it something like this existed. Now I know! Looks great.
WilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
STIRiot
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 354858
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
13 STI
WRB

I was also looking into the MB Racing vent pod.

How was the install of it?
STIRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
APM Tuned
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 282460
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Evo-STI
R.R.-WRB

I'm a dealer for the MBR Products and have helped him in a few things, the man is great, he knows what was needed in the gauge mounting solution industry and developed this great piece (the triple clock pod that's on his car fits and looks better than any on the market), at a great price and the install is awesome!

Looking good guys! Just wait and see what's in store for this year!

-Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Phone: (630) 833-8911
Email:

Fill out our online survey for up to $50 off your next order from APM -
APM Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
blkstar15
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch Prem
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIRiot View Post
I was also looking into the MB Racing vent pod.

How was the install of it?

It was the easiest install for my car to date....it so simple there is no need for explanation. When you get the piece you "will" know how to install it!

Last edited by blkstar15; 04-03-2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: edit
Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
STIRiot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 354858
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
13 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstar15 View Post
It was the easiest install for my car to date....it so simple there is no need for explanation. When you get the piece you "will" know how to install it!
Got ya. ok cool thanks!

I just installed the Vent pod also and love the fit.

Gauges look good!
STIRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #7
blkstar15
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch Prem
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIRiot View Post
Got ya. ok cool thanks!

I just installed the Vent pod also and love the fit.

Gauges look good!
thanks!! they look even better at night!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #8
Luke17
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384102

The ones on the center vent look pimp, how is the air flow threw them? Is it straight out? Or pointed at driver/passenger?
Luke17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #9
blkstar15
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch Prem
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke17 View Post
The ones on the center vent look pimp, how is the air flow threw them? Is it straight out? Or pointed at driver/passenger?
the air flow is straight. Honestly the airflow is sufecient enough.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
APM Tuned
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 282460
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Evo-STI
R.R.-WRB

^ I was proposed the same question, told him to sit in the Monekybone STI while it was here for some maint. to the air ride and lubes. We did an A/C service a couple weeks before and changed out the compressor seal (since it leaked) so the air coming was rather frigged...he said a simple "I'll take one" and went about his day haha.

We just did an install on another one along with an SMY one. Kept the warning gauges at the bottom (SUPER bright LED in them, he sort of made them I guess?) and it turned out to be a very cool setup...then the guy added a vent pod (to the left) and it was over with, to many gauges.

-Mark

|
|
|

Phone: (630) 833-8911
Email:

Fill out our online survey for up to $50 off your next order from APM -
APM Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote