Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #4251
Vlad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Powered by Sti V9 Spec C

Default

So they're thinking 18 PSI actuator vs 14PSI?

The wastegate door with the Twinscroll is larger.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #4252
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

i just put a spring i had around the end arm and to the body of the turbo. holds an extra few psi and spool increased by 150rpms. bit ch was leaking on me!
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #4253
N-Bomb
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309465
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
1999 GC + ver 9 swap
Silverish

Default

Finally got my dyno charts. This is for my ver 9 into GC swap. Any comments/issues?

All stock except for a Perrin inlet pipe, maybe upgraded intercooler y hoses, GC splitter/duct for the smaller GC intercooler (although mine has the bigger STi one. Fabbing a proper one at the moment). Tuned for 91 octane.

HP / Boost (blue is pre-tune, red is post. Dotted line is boost, solid is HP)


HP / Torque (blue is pre-tune, red is post. Dotted line is torque, solid is HP)
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #4254
onesicksoob
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 215841
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Altoona
Vehicle:
Dont PM me about
wheel specs

Default

Does anyone happen to have engine harness diagrams for a v5/6 ej207 around? I've been looking for days with no luck. I need the TPS and IACV pinouts, specifically.
onesicksoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #4255
D-Rodman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110078
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
2005 92x - 02 wrx
silver 92x-wrb bugeye wag

Default

Finally figured out how to use ecuflash to turn off the tgv related check engine light on my usdm ecu. No more check engine light, I can go get my inspection sticker and start learning how to log. First thing I want to do is make sure the avcs is working properly. Would the check engine light go on if the avcs is not working ? I have the wire harness connected with the jdm ecu but I had a friend do the installation and I'm wondering if it's done the right way. Didn't trust myself with the wiring but it'll be me fixing it if it ain't right.
D-Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #4256
Vlad
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 46135
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NY
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Powered by Sti V9 Spec C

Default

You should go back and do couple things to the USDM ECU at minimum, to make it safe fo your car with the new engine.
Look at the injector scaling, take the same number that is in the tuned ROM for the JDM and use it in the ROM for the USDM.
Do the same with the MAF scaling.

You have to try to bring closer the boost control tables in the USDM to the tuned tables of the JDM. If you want to skip this part, then drive your car off boost as you use the USDM ECU, it's a chance you can take.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #4257
D-Rodman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110078
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
2005 92x - 02 wrx
silver 92x-wrb bugeye wag

Default

I'm driving it on the Jdm ecu, will swap the ecu to the usdm when I get to the shop where I'm having the inspection done. Thanks for the suggestion, something ill do after I have the tune done on the Jdm ecu.

Last edited by D-Rodman; 09-26-2012 at 08:53 AM.
D-Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #4258
fastnoypi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6886
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
MY01 EJ207 HTA35r
nothing to see, i'm stock

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rodman View Post
Would the check engine light go on if the avcs is not working ?
Not necessarily, the only situation i've run into where there was a CEL that was avcs related was when i threw a camshaft position sensor code that eventually cleared itself out due to weather.
There are a handful of other situations which will cause AVCS not to work which do not throw a CEL.
fastnoypi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #4259
Torquey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175334
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, TX
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
JDM v8 EJ207 WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnoypi View Post
Not necessarily, the only situation i've run into where there was a CEL that was avcs related was when i threw a camshaft position sensor code that eventually cleared itself out due to weather.
There are a handful of other situations which will cause AVCS not to work which do not throw a CEL.
Have you ever seen P1306 OCV Solenoid Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open). If I reset the ECU, it comes back after 5 minutes of driving... sounds AVCS related (which is still not active yet ). Wondering where to start looking. I've read about people unplugging/ checking the solenoid connections... where exactly are the physically located? TIA

Good news is I replaced my 130k old front O2 sensor with brand new Denso one yesterday, and that cleared the P0031 CEL.
Torquey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #4260
Impreza WR Rex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40060
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitown
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 Bug-STi
JR TUNED

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey

Have you ever seen P1306 OCV Solenoid Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open). If I reset the ECU, it comes back after 5 minutes of driving... sounds AVCS related (which is still not active yet ). Wondering where to start looking. I've read about people unplugging/ checking the solenoid connections... where exactly are the physically located? TIA

Good news is I replaced my 130k old front O2 sensor with brand new Denso one yesterday, and that cleared the P0031 CEL.
I was getting that code before I hooked up avcs (for both sides)
Impreza WR Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #4261
pgrily
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333354
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Having issues with stuttering/hesitation under wot in 4k+ rpm in 3rd gear (well, 4th and 5th too--doing pulls in 3rd gear). Currently keeping me from finishing my tune properly.

Running a v8 ej207 swap in a gc8. Harness merged by iwire.

Fuel filter was replaced in the past 2-3k miles or so.
Spark plugs replaced (bkr7eix) in the past couple months, so 1k miles tops
New MAF sensor
DW 850cc injectors
GrimmSpeed ebcs
Only other mod is aftermarket cat back exhaust (at work, can't recall the name)
Tuning with Romraider

Trying to tune it to e85 (just installed the GS ebcs last night), but it also stuttered some with a 93 octane tune and the stock injectors. No check engine light. Last night it was stuttering pretty bad all through 4-5k before I cut it and called it a night.

I'm thinking a bad coil pack maybe? Do these sound like the symptoms of a bad coil pack? Any other suggestions? Trying to make a list of things to check when I get home.
pgrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #4262
WRick
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 86107
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: 10% REAL FRUIT JUICE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrily View Post
Having issues with stuttering/hesitation under wot in 4k+ rpm in 3rd gear (well, 4th and 5th too--doing pulls in 3rd gear). Currently keeping me from finishing my tune properly.

Running a v8 ej207 swap in a gc8. Harness merged by iwire.

Fuel filter was replaced in the past 2-3k miles or so.
Spark plugs replaced (bkr7eix) in the past couple months, so 1k miles tops
New MAF sensor
DW 850cc injectors
GrimmSpeed ebcs
Only other mod is aftermarket cat back exhaust (at work, can't recall the name)
Tuning with Romraider

Trying to tune it to e85 (just installed the GS ebcs last night), but it also stuttered some with a 93 octane tune and the stock injectors. No check engine light. Last night it was stuttering pretty bad all through 4-5k before I cut it and called it a night.

I'm thinking a bad coil pack maybe? Do these sound like the symptoms of a bad coil pack? Any other suggestions? Trying to make a list of things to check when I get home.
got a log we can take a look at ?
WRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #4263
pgrily
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333354
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRick View Post
got a log we can take a look at ?
I don't have one of the most recent logs. This one is from a 93 octane tune before I switched injectors, but it should work since it still had some hesitation issues. The pull starts at around time = 4500 or so and ends at about 11300.

Let me know if this link doesn't work:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mTTJGZ0E#gid=0
pgrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #4264
fastnoypi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 6886
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
MY01 EJ207 HTA35r
nothing to see, i'm stock

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Have you ever seen P1306 OCV Solenoid Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open). .
Not related to AVCS that i'm aware of. Impreza WR Rex seems to confirm.

the one I had was P0365 Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1).
I'm sure any related CEL codes for sensor A or B circuits would disable AVCS.
fastnoypi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #4265
WRick
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 86107
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: 10% REAL FRUIT JUICE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrily View Post
I don't have one of the most recent logs. This one is from a 93 octane tune before I switched injectors, but it should work since it still had some hesitation issues. The pull starts at around time = 4500 or so and ends at about 11300.

Let me know if this link doesn't work:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mTTJGZ0E#gid=0
alot of a/f learning...

is your maf scaled correctly ?

I'm no pro, but I see alot of timing up there, but it aint knocking. hmm. no wideband ?

edit

MAP went down 5 psi while at WOT, I guess that would be your hesitation. Misfire ? What's the gap on your plugs ? I'd pull one or two out to see.
WRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #4266
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rodman View Post
I'm driving it on the Jdm ecu, will swap the ecu to the usdm when I get to the shop where I'm having the inspection done. Thanks for the suggestion, something ill do after I have the tune done on the Jdm ecu.
well if you had stock injectors on the usdm ecu then its set for 440cc. your jdm engine has 565cc so if your out of boost and using the same maf scaling or stock scaling it should be rich but a wideband will tell the story for you.
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #4267
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Have you ever seen P1306 OCV Solenoid Valve Signal 1 Circuit Malfunction (Open). If I reset the ECU, it comes back after 5 minutes of driving... sounds AVCS related (which is still not active yet ). Wondering where to start looking. I've read about people unplugging/ checking the solenoid connections... where exactly are the physically located? TIA

Good news is I replaced my 130k old front O2 sensor with brand new Denso one yesterday, and that cleared the P0031 CEL.
OVER HEAD CAM VALVE SOLENOID runs the avcs so it woudl cause the one to be open which means no oil to the cams i believe to adv the avcs. atleast on that side.
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #4268
pgrily
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333354
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRick View Post
alot of a/f learning...

is your maf scaled correctly ?

I'm no pro, but I see alot of timing up there, but it aint knocking. hmm. no wideband ?

edit

MAP went down 5 psi while at WOT, I guess that would be your hesitation. Misfire ? What's the gap on your plugs ? I'd pull one or two out to see.
I'm not the tuner (my brother does the tuning), so my knowledge is a bit limited. The log is a bit old, but the only one available to me at the moment since they're the only ones uploaded. I'm not familiar with maf scaling, myself, but the MAF is brand new and I'm running a stock air box. This log may be a bit irrelevant at this point due to its age :/

I am using a wideband right now, this log may have been back when I wasn't using it.

Plugs are NGK bkr7eix iridium, so I haven't gapped them at all since the manufacturer says not to.
pgrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #4269
WhiteBgeye02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224785
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: neenah
Vehicle:
2005 wrx-jdm207
i went black...

Default

well these engines like .026" gap is it? not sure what the equiv millimeter width is but a few guys get spark blow out in the upper rpms range which causes misfires and such problems.

Last edited by WhiteBgeye02; 09-26-2012 at 02:19 PM.
WhiteBgeye02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #4270
navydub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242585
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kenosha, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru
Black

Default

Finishing up what I hope are the last odds and ends on my swap.

What upper heater core hose are you all using(those of you who are swapped into an 02-07 wrx). The stock wrx hose most definitely doesn't fit so, just made something custom or what?
navydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #4271
25rsti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 166324
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Haverhill, MA
Vehicle:
3 turbos &n NA
@DBlockSTi

Default

I just bought one @ Autozone.
25rsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #4272
25rsti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 166324
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Haverhill, MA
Vehicle:
3 turbos &n NA
@DBlockSTi

Default

I hope this is not a stupid Q. Does anyone know/or have experience with RomRaider and Windows7 or newer OS'??
I was going to use my old laptop with Vista, downloaded everything needed got it up and running but as soon as I unplug my laptop from the outlet it dies (will not work on the road)
25rsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #4273
simon021
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 157532
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Iowa
Vehicle:
2002 MY03 EJ207 E85
Dom 1.5XTR Twinscroll!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25rsti View Post
I hope this is not a stupid Q. Does anyone know/or have experience with RomRaider and Windows7 or newer OS'??
I was going to use my old laptop with Vista, downloaded everything needed got it up and running but as soon as I unplug my laptop from the outlet it dies (will not work on the road)
A car charger for the laptop would probably be cheaper than a new laptop. Unless you already have one...

Just sayin...

Romraider seems to open up and work fine on my home PC with Win7 64bit, but my car pc that does the flashing is xp so I can't comment on that side of things.
simon021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #4274
navydub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242585
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kenosha, WI
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25rsti View Post
I just bought one @ Autozone.
Yeah but what I'm getting at is, the EJ205 hose obviously doesn't work and autozone isn't going to stock EJ207 parts. Does the EJ257 hose work? If so, done deal I'll just run down to NAPA or Autozone later this evening.

Any other gotchas like this I'm about to run into as I finish final assembly
navydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #4275
Impreza WR Rex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 40060
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitown
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 Bug-STi
JR TUNED

Default

Just got back from my tuning session post wastegate arm change. Gained 75 ft lbs of boost down low and hit just over 400 hp. More potential up top but my intake MAP and fuel pump voltage reg are all maxed out.
Impreza WR Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ej207 owner wants opinions adbramsay Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 2 02-26-2011 07:29 PM
Ej207 V6 AndrewFD3 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 10 06-03-2010 04:53 PM
JDM Sti EJ207 V9 crank 75mm or billet crank (K1, Manley) VENDORS ??? L'frise Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 7 06-03-2010 09:24 AM
08 ej207 JDM dual AVCS heads on a built v7 ej207 icev7 Built Motor Discussion 17 02-21-2010 03:21 PM
Ver 8 EJ207 Owners Check In spoolinsuby Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 21 10-17-2005 01:56 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.