Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 5, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #5226
JDM_Thompson914
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307835
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider
Your best bet is to make a thread giving all the info about the swap. U should offer the motor Trans/suspension seperate aswell
It wouldn't be easier to have someone take the car as is? I really don't want to pull the wiring out and any other dirty parts that may sit around taking up more space?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JDM_Thompson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #5227
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

It would but i doubt someone will give u more than 8k for a wrecked swapped wrx. Like the other guy said he couldn't sell his car for 12k. Make a thread with all info and put it up for 10kobo. If that's not good enough it will have to be parted.
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #5228
Paul
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 56203
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: south nj
Vehicle:
00 RSTI Coupe
Twin Scroll 2.5XTR EJ207

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Thompson914 View Post
Well this swap STOCK is good to easily 500-550whp. It has had it's oil changes every 2300-2500 miles and last belt changes was 17k miles ago. My price is up to bargain but definitely not as low as 6k...... That's stupidly cheap/bound to have a big problem somewhere. I'm including 04 STi suspension with the car as well, fuel lines, PERRIN 25mm front sway, 22mm rear and the 2/3 strongest end links they make, the spherical ones I believe they're called, $160 a set. Mishimoto x-line radiator with 1-2k miles.
6k is Not stuiped cheap. These swaps running in a clean chassis goes for about 10K
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #5229
unkachabull
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241491
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
v7 ej207- stimikey tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

6k is Not stuiped cheap. These swaps running in a clean chassis goes for about 10K
Yep. Like I said my clean currently running with no body damage or engine trans problems and 73k mile chassis won't even sell for 10k... You getting 6k for the car as is would be a good deal... If it is a bug eye I wouldn't even pay more then 5k. Doesn't matter what you have done or not, part upgrades don't increase the value of the car they are just a horrible investment and a expensive hobby. Like I said earlier your better off pulling engine and trans selling that for like 4k and then selling the rolling shell for like another 4k. Or just well it as is and take the 1-2k hit cause no one wants to pay for a crashed car these days and those who do will low ball you...

I originally bought my 05 WRX with 43k miles for $6800 because the timing belt jumped and it needed a motor. Other then that it was in perfect condition.

Also if anyone wants to start a project in Chicago area there is a completely stripped 07 STI shell for 2g... Needs everything!
unkachabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #5230
LIQUIDSK8S
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22605
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Vehicle:
2002 JDM STI/WRX
WRB

Default

Yeah selling modded cars is a nightmare. Very rarely will you find someone who will pay you for the value of the parts.

If I were to ever sell my car (crazy swap) I would part it out, because I'll see a much larger return doing that then selling it whole.
LIQUIDSK8S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #5231
JDM_Thompson914
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307835
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkachabull

Yep. Like I said my clean currently running with no body damage or engine trans problems and 73k mile chassis won't even sell for 10k... You getting 6k for the car as is would be a good deal... If it is a bug eye I wouldn't even pay more then 5k. Doesn't matter what you have done or not, part upgrades don't increase the value of the car they are just a horrible investment and a expensive hobby. Like I said earlier your better off pulling engine and trans selling that for like 4k and then selling the rolling shell for like another 4k. Or just well it as is and take the 1-2k hit cause no one wants to pay for a crashed car these days and those who do will low ball you...

I originally bought my 05 WRX with 43k miles for $6800 because the timing belt jumped and it needed a motor. Other then that it was in perfect condition.

Also if anyone wants to start a project in Chicago area there is a completely stripped 07 STI shell for 2g... Needs everything!
Is there anything wrong with that 07? How many miles? I have a friend interested in doing this swap. I hear you guys, 12 is high because EVERYONE low balls. My lowest price was always 10 but I have to be ready for lowballers..
JDM_Thompson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #5232
unkachabull
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241491
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
v7 ej207- stimikey tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Thompson914 View Post

Is there anything wrong with that 07? How many miles? I have a friend interested in doing this swap. I hear you guys, 12 is high because EVERYONE low balls. My lowest price was always 10 but I have to be ready for lowballers..
But your not even gonna get 10k... Like I said... You will be lucky if you get 7k. And that shell it literally completely stripped. No wiring, entire interior is gone no motor, trans, nothing. Literally just the metal shell is left.
unkachabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #5233
JDM_Thompson914
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307835
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

Guess insurance takes it for $8,300 then! I really don't want to give it to them but it looks like the community doesn't really expect it.
JDM_Thompson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #5234
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

I'd take that unless u planned to fix it or part it.
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #5235
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Best BBQ State In America
Vehicle:
**** Texas

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Thompson914 View Post
Guess insurance takes it for $8,300 then! I really don't want to give it to them but it looks like the community doesn't really expect it.
Expect what?
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #5236
D-Rodman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110078
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
05 saabaru artc gr
02 wrx wag wrb ej207

Default

Reality strikes, it's only worth what the market will pay, take no personal offense, it's business.
D-Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #5237
unkachabull
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241491
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
v7 ej207- stimikey tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rodman View Post
Reality strikes, it's only worth what the market will pay, take no personal offense, it's business.
Agreed.

Just out if curiosity how much is it to buy the car back?
unkachabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #5238
WRXt4cy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 172698
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Moines, IA
Vehicle:
11 STi BW 8374 E85
02 v8 Spec C E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkachabull View Post
Yep. Like I said my clean currently running with no body damage or engine trans problems and 73k mile chassis won't even sell for 10k... You getting 6k for the car as is would be a good deal... If it is a bug eye I wouldn't even pay more then 5k. Doesn't matter what you have done or not, part upgrades don't increase the value of the car they are just a horrible investment and a expensive hobby. Like I said earlier your better off pulling engine and trans selling that for like 4k and then selling the rolling shell for like another 4k. Or just well it as is and take the 1-2k hit cause no one wants to pay for a crashed car these days and those who do will low ball you...

I originally bought my 05 WRX with 43k miles for $6800 because the timing belt jumped and it needed a motor. Other then that it was in perfect condition.

Also if anyone wants to start a project in Chicago area there is a completely stripped 07 STI shell for 2g... Needs everything!
Where is your FS thread? I can't seem to find one and don't remember seeing your car when I was looking for an EJ207 swapped WRX to buy. I would have almost certainly been interested. 10k is a really good price for a full JDM drivetrain swapped car. If you just swapped the engine and have the stock tranny and brakes, 10k is still pretty decent but I could see that being a little harder to sell. Either way - I know some guys that are pretty interested in EJ207 swapped cars now after seeing mine so point me to your FS thread and you could get some interest.
WRXt4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #5239
Psychoreo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 79643
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cromwell
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Terminal black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider View Post
Win. Another blob wagon with a 207 swap and efi tuned!
It's a hell of a lot of fun! The only downside is the gas mileage so far. 19psi @3300 rpm means I have full torque on tap in 5th gear at 72-75 mph. It's silly fun
Psychoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #5240
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoreo View Post
It's a hell of a lot of fun! The only downside is the gas mileage so far. 19psi @3300 rpm means I have full torque on tap in 5th gear at 72-75 mph. It's silly fun
do you have a v8 twinscroll motor? cause your torque numbers are good. mine put down 310whp/288 on efis dyno. thats with the v7,full bolt ons,vf30,21psi and maxxing the injectors.

mine lost its fun lol. still a fast subaru though
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #5241
Psychoreo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 79643
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cromwell
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Terminal black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider View Post
do you have a v8 twinscroll motor? cause your torque numbers are good. mine put down 310whp/288 on efis dyno. thats with the v7,full bolt ons,vf30,21psi and maxxing the injectors.

mine lost its fun lol. still a fast subaru though
V8 twin scroll, stock downpipe with a "Mike, I don't want to blow up my car" tune.

It really does move it's ass, I never knew how much fun a simple +60WHP could be

No changes are coming until I can afford a 6-speed and a twinscroll 30r



During the tune, Mike said (and I'm paraphrasing here) "I'm a little dissapointed. It's down about 10-15WHP from what I expect. The turbo is about 300rpm late also, but it pulls 300RPM higher so that's a wash."

Me: "Well, that sucks, Do you think an aftermarket downpipe would be a good thing?"

Mike: "Wait, this isn't a stage 2 car? Well that changes everything! This thing's great for a stage 1 tune!"

Both
Psychoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #5242
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

chris tuned my car before he passed and tuned it best he could. def could squeeze more power out of the stock turbo with full bolt ons. but i dont blame you for keeping it safe on stock trans. i have an lgt geared 5spd. the 30r would be sick.
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #5243
unkachabull
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241491
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
v7 ej207- stimikey tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXt4cy View Post

Where is your FS thread? I can't seem to find one and don't remember seeing your car when I was looking for an EJ207 swapped WRX to buy. I would have almost certainly been interested. 10k is a really good price for a full JDM drivetrain swapped car. If you just swapped the engine and have the stock tranny and brakes, 10k is still pretty decent but I could see that being a little harder to sell. Either way - I know some guys that are pretty interested in EJ207 swapped cars now after seeing mine so point me to your FS thread and you could get some interest.
There is no for sale thread. I was uing Craigslist in Chicago area, wanted a local sale and its already been like 4 month since I last posted it and decided to keep it. I started out at 14k and by my last post was down to 12 and was still getting offered 8-9k only...
unkachabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #5244
Psychoreo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 79643
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cromwell
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Terminal black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider View Post
chris tuned my car before he passed and tuned it best he could. def could squeeze more power out of the stock turbo with full bolt ons. but i dont blame you for keeping it safe on stock trans. i have an lgt geared 5spd. the 30r would be sick.
Yea I asked him to do his thing. I'm not trying to break any records and it's my only car. The pig HAS to work.

With 230k miles on the stock trans, I don't need it going any time soon
Psychoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #5245
D-Rodman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 110078
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Vehicle:
05 saabaru artc gr
02 wrx wag wrb ej207

Default

So what was the hp and tq output on your stage 1 v8 ?
Psycho
D-Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #5246
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoreo View Post

Yea I asked him to do his thing. I'm not trying to break any records and it's my only car. The pig HAS to work.

With 230k miles on the stock trans, I don't need it going any time soon
Mines a daily aswell. I luckily found a nice lgt geared Trans for 1300 and sold the stocker for 500. I did that before going for a retune to be safe. The stock 05 Trans had 140k and held up to 290/247 though.
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #5247
unkachabull
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 241491
Join Date: Mar 2010
Vehicle:
2005 wrx
v7 ej207- stimikey tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider View Post

Mines a daily aswell. I luckily found a nice lgt geared Trans for 1300 and sold the stocker for 500. I did that before going for a retune to be safe. The stock 05 Trans had 140k and held up to 290/247 though.
Do you beat on the Lgt trans? How does.it hold up for launching or fast shifting?
unkachabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #5248
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

Not really but it should be able to handle it. Any more then 350 torque it may break though. They are strong as ra gears
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #5249
SubieSnacks02
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 323545
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In a house
Vehicle:
Old Racekorrrrr!
Multi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxr250rider View Post
chris tuned my car before he passed and tuned it best he could. def could squeeze more power out of the stock turbo with full bolt ons. but i dont blame you for keeping it safe on stock trans. i have an lgt geared 5spd. the 30r would be sick.
What are "full" bolt ons? Im scared **** of blowin my trans, I don't have that type of money to get it rebuilt on my bugeye, motor isn't built either, just Cobb stage 2
SubieSnacks02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #5250
mrxr250rider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271412
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: avoca pa
Vehicle:
05 ej207 wrx wagon
wrb

Default

Catless turboback,intake,inlet,sti tmic,255 pump,sti pinks,ebcs,avo wastegate actuator,crank pulley,header. That's all the mods I have.
mrxr250rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ej207 owner wants opinions adbramsay Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 2 02-26-2011 07:29 PM
Ej207 V6 AndrewFD3 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 10 06-03-2010 04:53 PM
JDM Sti EJ207 V9 crank 75mm or billet crank (K1, Manley) VENDORS ??? L'frise Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 7 06-03-2010 09:24 AM
08 ej207 JDM dual AVCS heads on a built v7 ej207 icev7 Built Motor Discussion 17 02-21-2010 03:21 PM
Ver 8 EJ207 Owners Check In spoolinsuby Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo) 21 10-17-2005 01:56 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.