Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #11401
colin1234567
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 212639
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
WRX= 13/SWP/GR/TP
Stage 3, '90 NA Miata

Default

Good call, I was just going to edit that the GR won't fit, but that helps thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
colin1234567 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #11402
Tmangt650
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277258
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Hatch 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao2me_23

Tmangt650, if you're talking about that Seibon bodykit that Jourdan posted. Yup, you're right! I know that there's an OEM rear under spoiler for our car, but I've been wondering how it looks on the car (side view anyway). Thanks ahead of time for your pictures.

As for all of the contributors for this thread, I want to let you guys know I have respect for all of your cars. You given n00bs, like me, ideas to better our cars whether it's appearance or performance. Thank you for all the pictures! Let's keep the negative feedback to a minimum and keep posting pictures! I wish I can post some pictures of my car, but I have some deep scratches on my left rear bumper from some stupid person in a parking lot (hit n run btw). I think I'll post some pictures up when I get my car tinted tho!
Yeah, I think you are talking about the bottom "Underspoiler" that is on subarugenuineparts.com, attaches to the rear bumper.. I have some pictures but they were right after install on a cloudy day..
Tmangt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #11403
Ogden
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 1748
Join Date: Jun 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Vehicle:
'09 Outback Sport
OBP over DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltableh View Post


Check out my build thread for all the details: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1899970&page=2
Dude! Your car was great. Paved some ground for the rest of us with intakes, NA Accessport and tunes. Sorry to hear/see it but glad that you are okay.
Ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #11404
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

R.I.P 2.5I THREAD.
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #11405
Tmangt650
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277258
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Hatch 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao2me_23 View Post
Tmangt650, if you're talking about that Seibon bodykit that Jourdan posted. Yup, you're right! I know that there's an OEM rear under spoiler for our car, but I've been wondering how it looks on the car (side view anyway). Thanks ahead of time for your pictures.

As for all of the contributors for this thread, I want to let you guys know I have respect for all of your cars. You given n00bs, like me, ideas to better our cars whether it's appearance or performance. Thank you for all the pictures! Let's keep the negative feedback to a minimum and keep posting pictures! I wish I can post some pictures of my car, but I have some deep scratches on my left rear bumper from some stupid person in a parking lot (hit n run btw). I think I'll post some pictures up when I get my car tinted tho!
After the long wait here they are..

underspoiler exhaust side by tmangt650, on Flickr

profile underspoiler by tmangt650, on Flickr

underspoiler by tmangt650, on Flickr
and then from the back

underspoiler full by tmangt650, on Flickr

underspoiler full2 by tmangt650, on Flickr
Tmangt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #11406
Tmangt650
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277258
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Hatch 2.5i
DGM

Default

and then got the hella supertones installed with the mesh girll
in process

In progress by tmangt650, on Flickr
and done

Hellas, sport mesh by tmangt650, on Flickr

quick question for guys that have done the mesh grill...I noticed there are no holes on the bottom of the grill to screw into...Did you guys have the same issues?? I have zip ties holding it on right now...thanks.
Tmangt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #11407
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default

^ Is that the $100 ebay grill? If it is, it hooks onto the top part of the bumper. It has little squares that help it fit snug. Obviously its not perfect, but it gets the job done.
daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #11408
Tddahl18
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301207
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodinville, WA
Default

^Yeah my girlfriend has the same grill on her 2.5i. If you get it hooked into the bumper at the base of the grill, and then screw it down at the top,the tension should hold in place just fine. Havent had any problems with it
Tddahl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #11409
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Same as above. I have mine hooked onto the bottom. But I missed on the holes at the top to it comes unhooked every now and again.
JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #11410
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmangt650 View Post
After the long wait here they are..
Looks pretty good, might I ask how much you paid for that?
By the way does anyone know if the 08+ wrx brake lines are the same as ours? I just got a grimmspeed mastercylinder brace and I want some Goodridge stainless steel lines as well. Any info is much appreciated!

Last edited by KartRacer3; 01-17-2012 at 02:55 PM.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #11411
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8cypherm80 View Post
ill shut up if they post there cars lol. probably wont happen.
am i too late for this party?




^0 camber for street, don't laugh.






track





if you've got the other dgm, no hate here. i'm a fan of your car's looks as well. i don't know your modlist, so i can say about that.
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #11412
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
am i too late for this party?


IMO, one of the nicest 2.5i's on this site. Little late for the party though
daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #11413
bao2me_23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 270201
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Default

Thanks Tmangt650!!! I'm definitely getting them now! How hard was it to install the Hella Supertones? I have not done any car wiring before, so pretty much a beginner.

Has anybody mounted the Hella Supertones with something else than some zipties?
bao2me_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #11414
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
am i too late for this party?




^0 camber for street, don't laugh.






track





if you've got the other dgm, no hate here. i'm a fan of your car's looks as well. i don't know your modlist, so i can say about that.
looks awesome dude! my twin did you mean mine?? if so, thank you!!



as of today the car isnt sporting the teal "still hood decal" felt tacky...


my mods list is:

Engine:
Cosmo CAI w/ apexi racing filter
Megan Racing 08 wrx Axle Back Exhaust
Greddy/Trust Oil Cap

Suspension:
BC BR Series coilovers
Megan Racing front strut tower

Wheels/tires:
XXR 522 18X8.5
225/40/18 Continental dws
Front fenders have been rolled.

Exterior:
Bayson R STI lip
Rally armor PU Mud flaps (red trim)
Matte black vinyl eyelids and trunk trim piece
Teal painted calipers
Treble Racing color matched rear spoiler
6k HID Headlights/3K fog lights
White LED reverse lights

Interior:
White dome lights
STI foot pedals
Greddy/Trust Shift knob

thats all i can think of for now im sure i left a few things out!

Last edited by Str8cypherm80; 01-17-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #11415
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

that's a pretty good modlist. i would like one of those treble racing rear spoilers, but i can't bring myself to buy one yet.


here's mine, it's from my member thread, so don't think i'm tryin' to one up you by posting more lol, i just had it written up already.

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Daily Driven Track Whore
65k Mi.

Mods:
Engine/Power Modifications:
None.

Exterior Modifications:
--- Sport Grille
--- Ebay Front Lip
--- Fog Light Overlays - Yellow
--- Chrome Window Sills blacked out
--- Hella Supertones, Black
--- Debadged
--- DIY Painted Chrome Delete (DGM)
--- Rear Blinkers and Reverse lights Tinted
--- slcsubaru.com stickers (black)
--- Pray for japan stickers
--- Chrome Exhaust Tips 3"
--- Rain Guards
--- Tint 50% front 20% Rear and Sides
--- Group N STI Transmission Mount
--- Rolled and Slightly pulled fenders

Interior Modifications:
--- Prodrive by Sparco Race Seat
--- Corbeau 5pt. Race Harness, Red
--- Sparco Harness Bar
--- Escort Passport 8500 Radar Detector
--- Red/Black Steering Wheel Emblem
--- Blacked out Silver Trim and A/B/C Pillars
--- Kartboy Short Shifter and bushings.
--- Delrin Shift Knob by tphskab (nasioc)


Suspension/Brakes:
--- BC Racing BR Coilovers
--- Rallitek 19mm Rear Sway Bar
--- Rallitek 22mm Front Sway Bar
--- Kartboy Solid Front Endlinks
--- WRX Front Calipers
--- Hawk HP+ Rear Brake Pads
--- Hawk HP+ Front Brake Pads
--- DBA 4000 WRX Slotted Front Rotors
--- Powerslot Slotted Rear Rotors
--- Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines F&R
--- Amsoil Brake Fluid

Tires/Wheels:
Summer:
--- Work Emotion CR-Kai 17x9 +44
--- Hankook Ventus RS3 255/40r17
Winter:
--- Stockers Painted White w/ one Red Spoke
--- Blizzak WS60 Snow Tires 205/55R16
Track:
--- Enkei RPF1 17x8 +45
--- BFG R1 Race Tires 225/45r17
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #11416
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao2me_23 View Post
Thanks Tmangt650!!! I'm definitely getting them now! How hard was it to install the Hella Supertones? I have not done any car wiring before, so pretty much a beginner.

Has anybody mounted the Hella Supertones with something else than some zipties?
they should have brackets attached to them. i found nuts and bolts and bolted them to my radiator support bean right in front.

edit from google images
in this pic, the two big flat head bolts near the tops of the horns are bolted to the brackets on the back of the horns



use this:

i didn't use a fuse, no problems.
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #11417
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
IMO, one of the nicest 2.5i's on this site. Little late for the party though
thanks broseph!
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #11418
Tmangt650
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277258
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2008 Hatch 2.5i
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
^ Is that the $100 ebay grill? If it is, it hooks onto the top part of the bumper. It has little squares that help it fit snug. Obviously its not perfect, but it gets the job done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tddahl18 View Post
^Yeah my girlfriend has the same grill on her 2.5i. If you get it hooked into the bumper at the base of the grill, and then screw it down at the top,the tension should hold in place just fine. Havent had any problems with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
Same as above. I have mine hooked onto the bottom. But I missed on the holes at the top to it comes unhooked every now and again.
Thanks guys, I realized (it was a gift) and its the wrong one, it doesnt have any pieces to screw into the bottom, so now I'm using black zip-ties, until I buy the other one...UGH world of modding...shall I say NOOB in the world of MODDING..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Looks pretty good, might I ask how much you paid for that?
I bought it from a private user, I believe subarugeniuneparts.com has them for $292.80. But I bought that, a rear chrome delete, and fog lamps (universal, I would recommend going with factory) for like $250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
they should have brackets attached to them. i found nuts and bolts and bolted them to my radiator support bean right in front.

edit from google images
in this pic, the two big flat head bolts near the tops of the horns are bolted to the brackets on the back of the horns

Are your horn cords that are attached rubbing aon the radiator?? ANd I ended up taking the old horns out..and now my flipping running lights arent coming on, time for more trouble shooting.
Tmangt650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #11419
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Using the relay will make them louder and more efficient but aren't necessary.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #11420
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Awww so many nice 2.5's. Anyone care to share the info on their stainless steel brake lines?? Just a side note, hawk hps pads suck for anything beyond normal street use. After 3 separate times doing canyon runs my pads faded everytime. (yes I know my car isn't a racecar) Any info on the HP+ pads would also be helpful as I will probly buy those when I hit 20k miles
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #11421
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

^i have hp+
they are very squeaky for street use when it's cold outside/until they get heated up.
but i love them. i've done lots of track days consisting of 20-30 min sessions going hard the whole time and they have never faded at all with the new rotors, ss lines and brake fluid. i love them, the car stops really well.

as for the lines, i think they are the same. i'm not 100% sure though.
if you go to rallysportdirect.com and box will pop up after a couple minutes and you can chat and ask them. they're really helpful.
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #11422
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
that's a pretty good modlist. i would like one of those treble racing rear spoilers, but i can't bring myself to buy one yet.


here's mine, it's from my member thread, so don't think i'm tryin' to one up you by posting more lol, i just had it written up already.

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Daily Driven Track Whore
65k Mi.

Mods:
Engine/Power Modifications:
None.

Exterior Modifications:
--- Sport Grille
--- Ebay Front Lip
--- Fog Light Overlays - Yellow
--- Chrome Window Sills blacked out
--- Hella Supertones, Black
--- Debadged
--- DIY Painted Chrome Delete (DGM)
--- Rear Blinkers and Reverse lights Tinted
--- slcsubaru.com stickers (black)
--- Pray for japan stickers
--- Chrome Exhaust Tips 3"
--- Rain Guards
--- Tint 50% front 20% Rear and Sides
--- Group N STI Transmission Mount
--- Rolled and Slightly pulled fenders

Interior Modifications:
--- Prodrive by Sparco Race Seat
--- Corbeau 5pt. Race Harness, Red
--- Sparco Harness Bar
--- Escort Passport 8500 Radar Detector
--- Red/Black Steering Wheel Emblem
--- Blacked out Silver Trim and A/B/C Pillars
--- Kartboy Short Shifter and bushings.
--- Delrin Shift Knob by tphskab (nasioc)


Suspension/Brakes:
--- BC Racing BR Coilovers
--- Rallitek 19mm Rear Sway Bar
--- Rallitek 22mm Front Sway Bar
--- Kartboy Solid Front Endlinks
--- WRX Front Calipers
--- Hawk HP+ Rear Brake Pads
--- Hawk HP+ Front Brake Pads
--- DBA 4000 WRX Slotted Front Rotors
--- Powerslot Slotted Rear Rotors
--- Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines F&R
--- Amsoil Brake Fluid

Tires/Wheels:
Summer:
--- Work Emotion CR-Kai 17x9 +44
--- Hankook Ventus RS3 255/40r17
Winter:
--- Stockers Painted White w/ one Red Spoke
--- Blizzak WS60 Snow Tires 205/55R16
Track:
--- Enkei RPF1 17x8 +45
--- BFG R1 Race Tires 225/45r17
thats impressive man! how do you like the hawk pads? do you see a reduction in brake dust??
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #11423
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
^i have hp+
they are very squeaky for street use when it's cold outside/until they get heated up.
but i love them. i've done lots of track days consisting of 20-30 min sessions going hard the whole time and they have never faded at all with the new rotors, ss lines and brake fluid. i love them, the car stops really well.

as for the lines, i think they are the same. i'm not 100% sure though.
if you go to rallysportdirect.com and box will pop up after a couple minutes and you can chat and ask them. they're really helpful.
First off thankyou for replying Greg, 2nd your car is bad a$$.
As for the brakes that's what I've heard but if they can withstand track sessions like thats what im looking for. Supposedly theirs a "blue" (not literally) hawk pad used for the spec miata racing but I think that's a little to aggressive. And thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot about their CS as I too have had awesome service
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #11424
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8cypherm80 View Post
looks awesome dude! my twin did you mean mine?? if so, thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
that's a pretty good modlist. i would like one of those treble racing rear spoilers, but i can't bring myself to buy one yet.
I knew you guys were basically car twins, I brought that up when the GREAT DEBATE was going on

This is what I'm thinking of purchasing for my suspension this spring/ summer. What do you guys think?

(in order)
Whiteline Rear Sway bar (with endlinks) - 20mm
Whiteline Front Sway bar (with endlinks) - 22mm
Upgraded struts..any suggestions?
H&R Lowering Springs
daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #11425
apkarian100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207053
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Alton Bay, NH
Vehicle:
2013 XV Crosstrek
DGM

Default

KYB GR2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigledangle8 View Post
(in order)
Whiteline Rear Sway bar (with endlinks) - 20mm
Whiteline Front Sway bar (with endlinks) - 22mm
Upgraded struts..any suggestions?
H&R Lowering Springs

Last edited by apkarian100; 01-18-2012 at 02:06 PM.
apkarian100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the widest tire that can be put on the 2.5i? SubieSubie Impreza Forum 17 06-25-2012 06:17 PM
Will the STi Front and Rear Bumper will fit on the 2.5i? GD6Noob Interior & Exterior Modification 7 04-30-2012 08:33 PM
Wheels that fit the 2.5i and the best offset. VIsubi Tire & Wheel 2 06-23-2010 09:19 PM
Test Drove the 2.5i Legacy at SoD maclif Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 06-02-2004 08:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.