Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #13176
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_kwok
Hi all my name is Will, first post and I am from Sydney - Australia. This is my first car (worked hard and saved up to buy without a loan). It is an 09 Impreza RS Sedan and is my daily driver.

Mods:
- Zero/Sports Winning RS Street Coilovers
- Front Tower Brace
- Whiteline Anti-lift kit
- Whiteline Front Sway Bar
- Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
- Whiteline Front Roll Centre Kit
- Whiteline Front Steering bushing
- HEL Braided Brake Lines
- MRT Brake Support Bracket
- xforce catback exhaust dual muffler

Been a long time reader of this forum and finally my car is I hope good enough to post here. Any comments welcome!
Will, I must say your car is very nicely done.
I bet all the whiteline products are way cheaper since you are in Australia ;p I'm also really jealous that your model 2.5i (rs) got the premium Wrx bumper AND the STI lip too! Quick question, did you notice a big difference with the anti lift kit? I have it sitting in my garage but won't be putting it on for a while haha.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #13177
will_kwok
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327439
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Sydney, Australia
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza RS
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer3 View Post
Will, I must say your car is very nicely done.
I bet all the whiteline products are way cheaper since you are in Australia ;p I'm also really jealous that your model 2.5i (rs) got the premium Wrx bumper AND the STI lip too! Quick question, did you notice a big difference with the anti lift kit? I have it sitting in my garage but won't be putting it on for a while haha.
We actually pay more I think, much lower demand in Australia. I see on ebay in the US you pay less than we do here, and also the shops here try to add their own little profit. Australia is one of the most expensive countries to live in terms of cost unfortunately.

The lip is a CS Style lip actually, I just put the STI sticker on Looks legit though.

The Anti-lift kit I installed with the coilovers together, there was significantly lower nose dive and much more front grip during cornering elimiating the understeer as well as quicker response from steering feel; but I am not sure if that has more to do with the coilovers, or the Anti lift kit or both working well together. If you lower your car, the Anti lift kit is one of the things you have to do as well, otherwise steering will be too numb from the lowered ride height. The added 0.5 castor regardless of if you have any coilovers or not is an added bonus as it will improve steering feel and turn in.
will_kwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #13178
KartRacer3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268328
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Norcal
Vehicle:
2011 2.5i prem pckg
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_kwok

We actually pay more I think, much lower demand in Australia. I see on ebay in the US you pay less than we do here, and also the shops here try to add their own little profit. Australia is one of the most expensive countries to live in terms of cost unfortunately.

The lip is a CS Style lip actually, I just put the STI sticker on Looks legit though.

The Anti-lift kit I installed with the coilovers together, there was significantly lower nose dive and much more front grip during cornering elimiating the understeer as well as quicker response from steering feel; but I am not sure if that has more to do with the coilovers, or the Anti lift kit or both working well together. If you lower your car, the Anti lift kit is one of the things you have to do as well, otherwise steering will be too numb from the lowered ride height. The added 0.5 castor regardless of if you have any coilovers or not is an added bonus as it will improve steering feel and turn in.
Wow I honestly had no idea then hah.
Well then you are very good at making that lip look real! Haha. Okay thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. All things said, I can't wait to get my suspension! I finally ordered some konis the other day!!
KartRacer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #13179
FLT.4.PWR
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252007
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
07 Impreza 2.5i
Silver like a bullet :)

Default

Here's my 07 2.5i!!

FLT.4.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #13180
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

@FLT.4.PWR ^Are those BremmerKraft wheels? -They look like the new BR09.. I have the BR05s but they quit making them.

Last edited by BWX; 07-29-2012 at 03:01 AM.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #13181
Shipman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: SNJ
Vehicle:
06 STi/03 Forester
AW/PBP

Default

@will_kwok that is one great looking 2.5
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #13182
FLT.4.PWR
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252007
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
07 Impreza 2.5i
Silver like a bullet :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX View Post
@FLT.4.PWR ^Are those BremmerKraft wheels? -They look like the new BR09.. I have the BR05s but they quit making them.
Yeah they are the new BR09's just recently purchased less than a week! 17x8 !
Love them!!
FLT.4.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #13183
whiteimpreza1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 259680
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northwest, CT
Vehicle:
06 2.5i impreza
Aspen white.

Default

flat4pwr what are you lowered on?
whiteimpreza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #13184
FLT.4.PWR
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252007
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
07 Impreza 2.5i
Silver like a bullet :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteimpreza1 View Post
flat4pwr what are you lowered on?
Stock struts with H&R lowering sport springs!
FLT.4.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #13185
Dayglow
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 211395
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Greenville
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 5-door
Paprika Pearl!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_kwok
Hi all my name is Will, first post and I am from Sydney - Australia. This is my first car (worked hard and saved up to buy without a loan). It is an 09 Impreza RS Sedan and is my daily driver.

Mods:
- Zero/Sports Winning RS Street Coilovers
- Front Tower Brace
- Whiteline Anti-lift kit
- Whiteline Front Sway Bar
- Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
- Whiteline Front Roll Centre Kit
- Whiteline Front Steering bushing
- HEL Braided Brake Lines
- MRT Brake Support Bracket
- xforce catback exhaust dual muffler

Been a long time reader of this forum and finally my car is I hope good enough to post here. Any comments welcome!
I think we can all say, that with a car like that you can play in this sandbox with us.
Dayglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #13186
JayBear
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297703
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, Texas
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i
obp

Default

Got rid of the xxr 527s.

JayBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #13187
FLT.4.PWR
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252007
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle:
07 Impreza 2.5i
Silver like a bullet :)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBear View Post
Got rid of the xxr 527s.

Crazy camera setup!! And really clean 2.5 !! Nice
FLT.4.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #13188
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBear
Got rid of the xxr 527s.
Rotiforms <3
Digital Dillon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #13189
JayBear
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297703
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, Texas
Vehicle:
2007 2.5i
obp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLT.4.PWR View Post
Crazy camera setup!! And really clean 2.5 !! Nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
Rotiforms <3
Yes! I love them! <3 I got them powder coated the same as my XXRs, because I loved the color so much, but it looks like it came out differently... Maybe because the bigger spokes. But either way, I love them so much more!!
JayBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #13190
SaltSweatSugar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277627
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Default





My car sits a bit higher now!

SaltSweatSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #13191
ac_dc45
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175762
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oak Grove, OR
Vehicle:
2010 FXT
OBP

Default

Just bought a bike rack from someone on here. In the process of removing stupid stickers


_DSC6313 by LeifErik2011, on Flickr
ac_dc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #13192
SaltSweatSugar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 277627
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Default

^^ goo gone works great to get rid of the adhesive residue!
SaltSweatSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #13193
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Be careful with goo gone though!! That stuff is extremely powerful. It'll melt plastic.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #13194
ozunadel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313772
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza
DGM

Default

And the inside of headlights -_-
ozunadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #13195
DirknJirkn13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249696
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

I used it on my rear bumper with no ill effects
DirknJirkn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #13196
daigledangle8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253642
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Manchester, CT
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SSM

Default



daigledangle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #13197
ac_dc45
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175762
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oak Grove, OR
Vehicle:
2010 FXT
OBP

Default

I tried some bug and tar remover and it was okay.. I might end up sanding and painting it lol
ac_dc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #13198
ImprezaSPEEDINNN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259983
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: staten island
Vehicle:
2014 Mustang GT

Default

I'm almost done with my 2.5i! just needs a lip which should arrive soon


DSC_0388 by EckertSwag, on Flickr


DSC_0363 by EckertSwag, on Flickr
ImprezaSPEEDINNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #13199
ozunadel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313772
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Northern NJ
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaSPEEDINNN
I'm almost done with my 2.5i! just needs a lip which should arrive soon


DSC_0388 by EckertSwag, on Flickr


DSC_0363 by EckertSwag, on Flickr
Which lip are you getting
ozunadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #13200
ImprezaSPEEDINNN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 259983
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: staten island
Vehicle:
2014 Mustang GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozunadel View Post
Which lip are you getting

this one V its one of the few that i know fits
Amazon.com: 2008-2010 Subaru WRX/ STI/ 2.5 Sport GT Spec Front Lip: AutomotiveAmazon.com: 2008-2010 Subaru WRX/ STI/ 2.5 Sport GT Spec Front Lip: Automotive
ImprezaSPEEDINNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the widest tire that can be put on the 2.5i? SubieSubie Impreza Forum 17 06-25-2012 06:17 PM
Will the STi Front and Rear Bumper will fit on the 2.5i? GD6Noob Interior & Exterior Modification 7 04-30-2012 08:33 PM
Wheels that fit the 2.5i and the best offset. VIsubi Tire & Wheel 2 06-23-2010 09:19 PM
Test Drove the 2.5i Legacy at SoD maclif Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 06-02-2004 08:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.