|10-15-2006, 11:16 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: omods.com/ costa mesa, CA
I'm doing a 6 speed swap into my wrx and I need some advice!
This is my first swap and I am putting a 05 sti 6 speed w/ the entire drivetrain into my 04 wrx. I got the whole rear drivetrain in and the wrx tranny out. I have some questions:
1) The r180 diff has a heat sensor that goes into the back of it. I also have the sti cluster and I know people that just do a sti gauge swap have the rear diff light come on. I would like to wire this up correctly but I don't know where to wire it to...
2) I have the dccd units but I don't know where to wire them, I am rarely every going to use them so would it create a problem if I just don't hook anything up? or, do you know how to hook it up?
3) When putting the clutch/flywheel back in, are there any precautions I should take? Torque to factory specs? I haven't been using a torque wrench but if I need to I can go back and use one. anyone have access to the torque specs for the drivetrain? I have a clutch alightment tool but this step in the whole swap scares me the most, if I mess up on anything I will have to drop the tranny back out(which I don't want to do).
4) What tranny fluid and how much should I use?
5) Anything other advice?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|10-16-2006, 01:54 PM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I can save you a ton of cashVehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy
1. You need an STi wiring diagram, techinfo.subaru.com has them
2. Same as one or you can not hook it up and you will be in Auto forever which is what most people do.
3. Factory Service Manual from the above website has your answer as there are 1000 torque specs.
4. Use what you want though even 6MTs benefit from cool mixes like Uncle Scotty's Cocktail.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|6 speed swap into 08 WRX help.||aboogabooga||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||21||02-15-2013 08:17 AM|
|6 speed swap into 09 WRX||Darkmatter1986||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||20||02-06-2013 03:51 PM|
|little trouble with 6 speed swap into 04 wrx||tylerrusso||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||7||06-05-2009 08:18 PM|
|6 Speed swap Into Wrx ....Axle SWAP?||the real suby dude||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||1||05-06-2009 03:43 PM|
|04 6 speed swap into 02 Wrx with Sti swap||drftwell||Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline||28||09-10-2008 09:22 PM|