Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC > MAIC Vendor Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Mach V Dan
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (60)

Member#: 12029
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default Tuning by Mach V Dan: Case #241 (graphs inside)

First in an occasional series, whose intent will be to educate the MAIC about dyno tuning at our shop.

Today's subject is a mild-mannered '05 WRX STi. It's lightly modified, with a turbo-back exhaust, K&N Typhoon intake, a Cobb AccessPort, and an upgraded fuel pump. We started with the off-the-shelf Cobb Stage 2 map and worked from there.

The car made solid power just with the standard map. But the fueling was very rich in a lot of spots, and it wasn't making as much boost as it could handle. So over the next couple of hours we worked on that, smoothing the fuel curve and nudging the boost just a bit higher.

The end result: 305 awhp and 318 lb-ft of torque, which was 16 more hp and 24 lb-ft more than when we started.

This next chart shows run 5 vs. the final run.

Not bad for a stock top-mounted intercooler, stock turbo, stock lots of other stuff. The customer asked if a front-mounted intercooler might be a good next step. I brought up that the fuel injectors are completely maxed out at this point, so any more power will require new injectors, and that new fuel injectors would give the headroom to handle more turbo boost. I'd probably hold out for a whole new turbo/intercooler/fuel injector install all at once.

A final data-logging road test confirmed the car seemed happy and ping-free, and made sure there were no part-throttle hiccups. It drove very nicely on the street.

If you would like the same service performed on your vehicle, contact me by PM, email, or phone. We tune most workdays; allow about a week's advance notice.

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
ButtDyno
Street's closed, pizza boy
Member Sales Rating: (27)

Member#: 17301
Vehicle:
is the "dark side"
06 Evo #7 STU, 03 IS300

Looks like a great tune for such mild mods. Nice work Dan!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Unabomber
Big Ron
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 18062
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Reason #453 why Protunes are SO worth the money even in stock form.

Can't wait till you get your hands on my wagon. Should be soon.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
mav1c
Hoodbridge!
Member Sales Rating: (52)

Member#: 560
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

I just got my Exhaust in and the AP on the car. I need to schedule a tune ASAP.

And Dan, can you get me just the power cable for the Defi control module? I seem to have misplaced mine during the un-install from the old wagon. I put the gauges in the STI, but no power.

Also, do you have any sandwich adapters for a oil temp and oil pressure gauge?

Last edited by mav1c; 10-30-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread