Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
stolen04
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 126647
Default best water injection to use with utec

what water injection systems are best to use with a utec ------looking for everyones opinion ------
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stolen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Then post in the right forum....moving...
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Coolingmist
Vendor

Member#: 67024
Vehicle:
2009 BMW 135 I
space grey

Our Vari-cool kits have a nice option to work with Utec. This can be our standard Varicool or our S-HSV kits You can set varicool 2 work in 2-D mode with UTEC and boost. For example, you can set the min and max boost on Vari-Cool to activate when a UTEC signal tells it to. This works great if you have some condition you would like the injection to activate that the UTEC can compensate for.
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Any kit will work with the UTEC. I would recommend any of the progressive kits. I ran (and several of my buddies run) the SMC kit, and it works wonderfully.

I now have the coolingmist varicool trunk mount because the 07 FXT doesnt have anyplace under the hood to mount the SMC. It looks like a quality setup as well, with the same capabilities in the controller (more if you want to use the MAP for the signal)

I personally dont recommend using the UTEC to activate the progressive kits out there because why bother? They all work just fine by themselves and you have to make the exact same changes to your maps in the utec that you would have to regardless of what turns it on. Why complicate things more than they need to be?
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Aquamist
NASIOC Manufacturer

Member#: 110029
Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

The Utec has a separate PWM channel for driving a comparable inline valve to a fuel injector. You can use the utec to drive our 2c, 2d or HFS-5. The mentioned system has a coil impedance very similar inductance to the fuel injector coil. 2d and HFS-s has in-built failsafe. The utec can control them with a separate map.

If the utec has a spare anaologue input, it can monitor the flow of all the system mentioned as a failsafe mechanism.

I don't think the utec can drive a "pump-speed type" progressive system. I believe the inductance and the current drain of the pump is too much for the output transistor of the Utec.

Last edited by Aquamist; 06-13-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Aquamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Coolingmist
Vendor

Member#: 67024
Vehicle:
2009 BMW 135 I
space grey

To clarify with our kit if you use the UTEC as an activation mode the varicool will PWM the pump. If you use our S-HSV kit with the UTEC the Varicool will PWM the high speed valves instead of the pump.

Eitherway will be very cost effective and give you great performance.

To learn about our S-HSV kits you can click here, there is a FAQ

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...key=s_hsv_kits
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
Ultimate Collision Center
Vendor

Member#: 69072
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

I have used the UTEC and a snow performance kit on both our shop cars and many customer cars...
Ultimate Collision Center is offline   Reply With Quote