Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 27, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Boeleni
Top Scoob 003

Member#: 1812
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza Try-R
Satin Black

Default Help with Autronic

Hey guys.. I have an Autronic PnP board for my 99 WRX... changed to PE850's and car is having trouble starting, takes alot of cranking to get it fired up. I want to try adding some fuel.. but can't find it anywhere in the software... help!

Only idea I have so far is to create a 0 load cell on the fuel map and try that but not sure if thats the best way to go about it.

Also if theres any good autronic experienced tuners in the Northeast I need to see someone about getting my car to drive better when cruising around.

Thanks for any suggestions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Boeleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
teiva-boy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22825
Chapter/Region: NWIC

http://www.autronic.com/page_files/d...ist.htm#canada

Contact them for more info on tuners in your area
teiva-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Boeleni
Top Scoob 003

Vehicle:
1999 Impreza Try-R
Satin Black

Thanks for the idea, I was hoping to get some personal recommendations/testamonials.. there were previous dealers in my area that are no longer listed... I guess selling the ecus and being able to tune them efficiently are two different things.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
sumitomo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125472

m1/base settings/overall fuel cal mul/using a wide band you can subtract or add fuel this way and not change your maps leave that for the dyno.hope this helps
sumitomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
Boeleni
Top Scoob 003

Vehicle:
1999 Impreza Try-R
Satin Black

I only want to add some fuel for cranking... we've already scaled the map and the rest isn't bad A/F wise.. just not the greatest driveability, and a rough startup. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
sumitomo
Scooby Newbie

My pnp is for my 95 and I never really got around to tune it/played with the software plenty and now I dropped in a 2.5 sti and a 6 speed gunna tune it this spring/anyway check out autronics forum and ask there.I know there is a IAC setup for your 99 pnp there as there was a stalling prob.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
teiva-boy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22825
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Knowing only a LINK for standalone tuning, there has got to be a startup enrichment setting or cold cranking setting in there.

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out. However getting the correct values is something entirely different
teiva-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
imhuge
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 93986
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2007 FXT Limited (DD
2005 STi (Rally)

I think you could increase the fuel delivery at low load and low rpm. I am not too familar with the PnP boards but this got me started with a SMC. BTW if the afr's are good but the drivability is bad then you got some tuning to do!

Good luck
imhuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #9
Boeleni
Top Scoob 003

Vehicle:
1999 Impreza Try-R
Satin Black

Yeah a figured it'd be easy enough to find.. but all I see is cranking igntion timing, nothing about fuel delivery. There is Post Start enrichment and warm up enrichment but thats not really the same as cranking right?

The PnP is basically an SMC with a few extra features from the SM2... software is the same.

Your absolutely right about needing tuning... just a matter of finding someone that is comfortable with Autronic... all motorsports guys here nobody cares about driveability lol...
Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #10
jblaine
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8512
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 WRX chassis...
stage-infinity.com

I highly recommend posting in an Australian or New Zealand Subaru forum for better results.
jblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
Boeleni
Top Scoob 003

Vehicle:
1999 Impreza Try-R
Satin Black

Thanks thats a great idea.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
sumitomo
Scooby Newbie

I second that and the reason I just suggested the master fuel until you get it tuned is that the tuner will not have to go back and try to figure out what you did all those other options are after the base fuel and base ing are tuned first.dyno time is $$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #13
johnkaldar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51047
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
1999 gc8 RS/sti-ra
White

look at your p-s enrichment table and p-s enrichment timout table if you are having trouble with it running right after it fires, but before it switches to the warm-up tables. Otherwise play with the settings for low rpm and low load. If it started before with smaller injectors, why would dumping more fuel in it make it work? Also did you go under the base settings and set the correct settings for the new injectors?
johnkaldar is offline   Reply With Quote