Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-25-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
2roos
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 12634
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Platinum Silver Metallic

Thumbs up John Marzolf, Pueblo, CO ($300 over invoice)

My silver WRX sedan is due for delivery next week, and I wanted to let you know about a very positive dealer experience. My friend bought a WRX last month, using www.fightingchance.com. He sent out the faxes and waited for a response. None of the Denver metro dealers were interested, I think they are still asking for MSRP. Tarrah Hildreth, Fleet Mngr for John Marzolf Subaru (866-282-3999), responded with $300 over the true invoice. That's $300 over the total invoice price for the car AND the invoice prices for all the options. He picked up a silver sedan in-stock, no hassles and friendly people. He even got good deals on an extended warranty and financing because he wanted them, there was no pressure.

I shopped around Denver and the best I could find was only $500 under MSRP. So, I called Tarrah and got the same deal. She has been great about providing info and letting me know when my WRX is due. I asked for no test drives on the car and no dealer nameplates - no problem.

I did have to pay a $225 "Subaru Marketing Assessment," on top of the $300. That's fine - I'm still paying almost $2000 UNDER MSRP for this terrific car, by far the best price I could find. Besides, I'm looking forward to the 100 mile drive back to Denver!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:33 AM   #2
wrxxs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12784
Vehicle:
2004 STi
silver/silver

They are great to deal with. Did most of my communication email and two calls. I now have on order a new WRX wagon, No options for $22,273.00. Tarah was my contact and she was very easy to work with. Give them a call. It will be well worth the drive from Denver. THey are also offering 5.9% financing.
wrxxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 07:07 PM   #3
2roos
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Platinum Silver Metallic

Glad to hear you also got a good deal from Tarrah. I've never met her, but she has been great to deal with over the phone. My WRX sedan was just delivered, I pick it up on Friday! Tarrah also arranged for reasonably priced clear bra and window tinting. I talked to the installers who do all the work for Marzolf, both of them seemed to have a lot of experience. I'll update this post Friday and let you know how it all goes down.
Old 12-20-2001, 05:42 PM   #4
2roos
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Platinum Silver Metallic

Finally got around to an update - I've been too busy driving the WRX! Everything went smooth with Marzolf. I ordered the WRX I wanted from the factory and it came in right on time. The car was clean with a full tank of gas and ready to go. I even got a great price on an extended warranty. I would also recommend The Bra Man in Pueblo, David Jimenez. Marzolf uses David for the 3M clear bras, and he did a great job covering the entire front end.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
chewbacaface
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 80955
Default I'm glad somebody had a good experience with them...

I bought a 2004 Forester XT premium from them in December. It had 6000 miles on it. So, naturally I asked why it had been returned and if there had ever been any major service or repairs done on the vehicle. They assured me that there hadn't. In my first month driving the car it was in the shop three times. The first time I took it back to them and they were totally incompetent. I told them that I had a leak, which you could hear dripping and boiling on the exhaust... they told me it was cosmoline undercoat. The second and third time, I took it to Heuberger in Colorado Springs who replace a hose and a seal that were both causing "major" transmission leaks. Major leaks the Marzolf people couldn't find. After making my third trip to the shop I decided to have the service guy at Heuberger pull the service history from the Subaru dealership database (the same history I had asked for from Marzolf that they assured me had no records in it). It turns out that the entire engine, turbo, intercooler, etc had been replaced because the original engine blew up before 6000 miles. Had I know that it was not the original engine and that the car had had such severe problems, I would never had bought it, and they sold it to me at full price basically. I contacted them and expressed my concerns and told them that I wanted to return the car since they had not disclosed the service history that I requested. They told me to shove it. What they are unaware of is that there are several cases pending in Colorado for this very same suit. So, once my lawyer wins the first one, the rest will be won on precedence. All I wanted was my money back and a fair deal out of the whole thing. Now, I'm suing them. I'm reporting them to the State's Attorney General, the State Board of Motor Vehicles, the Better Business Bureau, Local news and radio stations, and I plan to handout flyers in front of there store on weekends until this is resolved.

They screwed the wrong guy. I have the time and a team of lawyers. I'll make sure that they never do this to another Colorado resident again.

Ryan
chewbacaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:53 AM   #6
WarHawk187
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 58518
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Silver

Well its been 3 years since the guy bought the car so, you never know, alot can change in 3 years...
WarHawk187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
RogersWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31617
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
White

I negotiated my price with Tarah also - got my leftover 2002 WRX Wagon UNDER invoice, after she beat a competetive quote for a matching 2003 from Burt Subaru in Denver by $1000!! Deal was smooth and easy! - most of it was done via e-mail - went down there to pick up the car, everything was as agreed upon - I just had to sign!
RogersWRX is offline   Reply With Quote