Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
chokin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124739
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn park, MN
Vehicle:
02 wrx
black

Exclamation Car won't start

guys...i was at a store and the car was idling and i saw my dash light(every light, the very tiny headlight at the coner) was kinda flashing ....but i didnt know what happened...so i turned off and try to start it ...but it wont start..and the engine crank( click sounds) tho ...so i had my friend jump it for me...it started. i went back where i work and i thought the battery died ...so i diconnected it and took it to checker and have them do the battery check and they said the battery was fine and charged the battery ...they said should be the alternater. so i went back and hook up the battery, but these time it wont start neither and there wasnt any "click" sounds,so i had dave cam over and he pushed and start the car, the car started right after. according to this case, whats wrong with my caR??? battery??alternater, starter and something else??
the worst thing is the car wont start, so i cant bring it into any shop to fix
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
mike_b49431
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 101240
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Silverthorne, CO
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza RS
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokin View Post
guys...i was at a store and the car was idling and i saw my dash light(every light, the very tiny headlight at the coner) was kinda flashing ....but i didnt know what happened...so i turned off and try to start it ...but it wont start..and the engine crank( click sounds) tho ...so i had my friend jump it for me...it started. i went back where i work and i thought the battery died ...so i diconnected it and took it to checker and have them do the battery check and they said the battery was fine and charged the battery ...they said should be the alternater. so i went back and hook up the battery, but these time it wont start neither and there wasnt any "click" sounds,so i had dave cam over and he pushed and start the car, the car started right after. according to this case, whats wrong with my caR??? battery??alternater, starter and something else??
the worst thing is the car wont start, so i cant bring it into any shop to fix
Something with the starter maybe??? Maybe a bad ground from your battery, no really sure, but something to check.
mike_b49431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
eb1888
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 115226
Join Date: May 2006
Location: michigan
Vehicle:
2005 wrx wagon

Default

Can you start it with a jump still? If so it may still need a new battery, but it seems more likely its poor contact between the cables and the battery terminals or the cables and the starter or negative ground connection. Clean them. Have someone crank it while you move each cable. There may be corrosion between the cable and the cable end. Cables need to be replaced eventually, they wear out like batteries.
eb1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
chokin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124739
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn park, MN
Vehicle:
02 wrx
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
Can you start it with a jump still? If so it may still need a new battery, but it seems more likely its poor contact between the cables and the battery terminals or the cables and the starter or negative ground connection. Clean them. Have someone crank it while you move each cable. There may be corrosion between the cable and the cable end. Cables need to be replaced eventually, they wear out like batteries.
no it wont jump start ...but only push start tho ..ok ...i will try to clean the cable...
chokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
tac04wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120791
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: morris county
Vehicle:
2014 xv
dk

Default

yeah +1 for battery.
this just happend to my friend last week. same exact thing. its cranking but not starting...and lights are flashing. we jumped it switched the battery and everythign was ok.
tac04wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
chokin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124739
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn park, MN
Vehicle:
02 wrx
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac04wrx View Post
yeah +1 for battery.
this just happend to my friend last week. same exact thing. its cranking but not starting...and lights are flashing. we jumped it switched the battery and everythign was ok.
but CHECKER ( parts store ) checked my battery and said the battery was good ....tho ...after i hooked up to my car...it crank once..and wont start...not even start when i jump it tho ..
chokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Hayes
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11808
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cape Coral,FL
Default

If the battery was not checked under load, then it is the battery.
Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
chokin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 124739
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn park, MN
Vehicle:
02 wrx
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
If the battery was not checked under load, then it is the battery.
they didnt tell me the battery was under load or not
chokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
mike_b49431
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 101240
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Silverthorne, CO
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza RS
Crystal Grey

Default

how old is the battery?
mike_b49431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #10
tricarinate
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137717
Join Date: Jan 2007
Default

I think your battery is the source of this problem.
tricarinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
bigboss
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 109828
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Vehicle:
03 WRX wagon
Sonic Yellow

Default

Replace your battery. Pretty much all of your symptoms point to that.
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
washed engine bay, now car won't start CEL on pinoy_boy204 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 42 06-08-2010 09:12 AM
Fuel pump won't start, blown fuse SBF 2, car won't start ClassicGC Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 5 06-29-2008 09:18 PM
Car won't start - cranks but won't start dave_88 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 4 12-12-2007 10:29 PM
Car won't start, but won't turn off BigBlueSVX Legacy Forum 4 08-22-2007 10:23 AM
Car won't start. Won't crank, but lights will turn on Gorge Service & Maintenance 9 01-09-2007 01:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.