Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 5, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Sedan SGM
Let LED's light your way!

Default R&I TMIC inlet hoses

I have a 2006 WRX and I will soon be replacing the inlet hoses with a perrin 3-hose kit. Soon meaning as soon as it stops snowing/raining, dries up, and the temps are above freezing.

Other than being careful with the handling of the I/C, is such an installation a straight-forward event? Do I have to be aware of anything in particular? Torque specs for the hoses and/or TMIC?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
RayO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
WRB

You'll find lots of posts on this, but here's my experience putting Perrin hoses on my 2002 TMIC:
The clamp on the recirculating hose is as tough to get off as everyone claims; have an extra and be prepared to cut it off, or consider leaving this hose stock.
The Y-pipe I got required a little trimming on one leg; compare the Perrin to the stock pipe before you take the stock pipe off to check for this.
I cleaned out a little molding flash from the inside of the Y-pipe with an Exacto knife, and I took the time to remove and knife-edge the aluminum inlet elbows.
A little alcohol on the ID of the new Y-pipe will make it easier to get onto the turbo outlet.
RayO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Big-E
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 123843
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Sedan SGM
Let LED's light your way!

Thanks RayO for the info.

I have searched and read more about the hoses themselves and not the actual install as you described - which is exactly what I was looking for.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to know the torque specs for the intercooler bolts?

Call me paranoid, but for a part that costs $$$, and based on my past experience (I don't yet have the manuals) that you do want to torque every last fastener to the factory specs and not "just tighten it".

Thanks again.
Big-E is offline   Reply With Quote