Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
coregrind
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136510
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Black

Default Torque specs for suspension

I've got an '07 Impreza Wagon I'll be installing springs on soon. I'm hoping to get the torque values for the various nuts/bolts. Any help is appreciated.
coregrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
Ric-STi-R
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 95621
Chapter/Region: SCIC

PM me when you're ready for your the torq spec, as I'm not sure what the legality is for posting partial service manual pdf's.
Ric-STi-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
shemoves
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80663
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi

Bottom one's...A LOT (broke two ratchets), top ones...very little...known for stripping. Do a search, there are threads on it. Scoobymods.com is your friend.
shemoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK buy Nates beans
westcoastroasting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric-STi-R View Post
PM me when you're ready for your the torq spec, as I'm not sure what the legality is for posting partial service manual pdf's.
....they 'aint come lookin fer me yet
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
Ric-STi-R
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 95621
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Well, here you go:
This is for the 2004 WRX/STi, so check and see if they're the same for your year and model.

Front Strut Assembly
Rear Strut Assembly
Front Suspension General Description
Rear Suspension General Description

Hope that helps,

Ric-
Ric-STi-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
coregrind
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Black

Ric - That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Anyone know the limits of the stock front camber adjusting bolts? I purchased one pair of aftermarket bolts from SPC. My thought is to install them on the rear. Another idea I had, if it's even possible, is to move the factory fronts to the rear and install the aftermarket ones on the front. Any opinions?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
UkNuck
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21808
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
02 GroceryGettAr
Nonemore Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by coregrind View Post
Another idea I had, if it's even possible, is to move the factory fronts to the rear and install the aftermarket ones on the front. Any opinions?
Leave the factory ones in the front. You can install the aftermarket ones in the lower hole in the front in addition to the factory ones.
UkNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
coregrind
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkNuck View Post
Leave the factory ones in the front. You can install the aftermarket ones in the lower hole in the front in addition to the factory ones.
Damn, super correction up front. Should I not worry about the rear?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #9
UkNuck
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21808
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
02 GroceryGettAr
Nonemore Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by coregrind View Post
Damn, super correction up front. Should I not worry about the rear?
Well... at the risk of opening a HUGE can o' worms... more grip up front is better than less grip behind. And the wagons tend to achieve somewhat lower max negative camber up front than the sedans.

Of course it depends what your goals are (e.g. for autox you might want bolts in the rear to reduce the camber right down and make it super loose).

And I may be misreading your whole purpose - bolts to 'correct' the camber back to stock aren't really necessary after a spring install - lowering springs will make the camber more negative than stock (more so in front than in the rear) which is good. I'm talking about 'correcting' beyond the stock settings.
UkNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
coregrind
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Black

When I say correction I'm referring to returning back to stock. This car is many for daily driving with trips on the weekends for snowboarding. I've got a Civic I use for autox that I'll take out to local events. For any events that require some travel I'll take the wagon just to give it a try. So it may see 3 events a year but not to be competitive, just for fun you know. I'll keep the stock bolts up front and install the SPC bolts on the rear. Thanks for all of your help. I'm currently working on the front and working my way to the back soon.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
coregrind
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Black

Just got the alignment done and the camber adjustments I guessed at we're right on, all that needed to be adjusted was toe.