Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC > TXIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
BoxerSpirt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 85726
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default Scammed by stijunkie

At first I got a tracking number to the wrong address, then I was told it was mistake and that it would be overnighted, no package, then all comunication was lost, no response to pms, phone number disconnected, and I tried to email him through here. Let it noted I gave plenty of time before posting this.
Its a shame this awsome market we have has to be like this.

It was a partout thread with other stuff, did this happen to anyone else?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BoxerSpirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
SAND_MAN1
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (9)
 
Member#: 31535
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Parts Unknown
Vehicle:
2007 F150 Harley Dav
2003 Legacy GT

Default

Damn that sucks. Did you pay with paypal via creditcard? Report that bastard. Where is this fool from?
SAND_MAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
Javwrx
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (31)
 
Member#: 38875
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Default

that light leaving your house sucksssssss
Javwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
TJ
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (9)
 
Member#: 41735
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Look MFer
Vehicle:
I'm on your lawn
do something about it

Default

this is TXIC, we'll have justice!
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
kuumar
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 102966
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, Tx
Default

this happend to me on ebay... suks bro, what did u pay with?
kuumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
BoxerSpirt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 85726
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default

Pay pal, yeah every time I try to cheat that light(turn right and turn around) It changes as soon as I get to the other side.
BoxerSpirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
Legend STI
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (32)
 
Member#: 41086
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, TX
Vehicle:
2015 Jeep Sahara

Default

Just file a claim with paypal. They will give him 10 days to provide a tracking number (All his funds will be frozen) , if nothing is reported on his end with in those ten days they will automatically issue you a refund.

As much as I hate using them, paypal actually protects its users quite well.

Jerry
Legend STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
BoxerSpirt
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)
 
Member#: 85726
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default

I made a dispute, said he has x amount of time to reply, and then it will escalate, I guess to what your saying.
BoxerSpirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
anthony_delprete84
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (23)
 
Member#: 88254
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd View Post
Just file a claim with paypal. They will give him 10 days to provide a tracking number (All his funds will be frozen) , if nothing is reported on his end with in those ten days they will automatically issue you a refund.

As much as I hate using them, paypal actually protects its users quite well.

Jerry
^ completely WRONG. Paypal will try to take money from his account ONLY if he has money in it. If he doesnt have any money in it....(like everyone else) then NOTHING will happen. you will not get ur money back EVER from Paypal. You never get automatically issued a refund. Obviously this has never happened to you b4, it has happened to me. Paypal said they give him 30 days then they "go after him" by maybe shutting downhis paypal. Even though they have there info on file they WONT give you your money.
anthony_delprete84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 AM   #10
Javwrx
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (31)
 
Member#: 38875
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_delprete84 View Post
^ completely WRONG. Paypal will try to take money from his account ONLY if he has money in it. If he doesnt have any money in it....(like everyone else) then NOTHING will happen. you will not get ur money back EVER from Paypal. You never get automatically issued a refund. Obviously this has never happened to you b4, it has happened to me. Paypal said they give him 30 days then they "go after him" by maybe shutting downhis paypal. Even though they have there info on file they WONT give you your money.
^ you SIMMER DOWN
Javwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #11
Legend STI
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (32)
 
Member#: 41086
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, TX
Vehicle:
2015 Jeep Sahara

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_delprete84 View Post
^ completely WRONG. Paypal will try to take money from his account ONLY if he has money in it. If he doesnt have any money in it....(like everyone else) then NOTHING will happen. you will not get ur money back EVER from Paypal. You never get automatically issued a refund. Obviously this has never happened to you b4, it has happened to me. Paypal said they give him 30 days then they "go after him" by maybe shutting downhis paypal. Even though they have there info on file they WONT give you your money.
Try again clown. This just happened to me last month. There is a reason you put credit card and/or bank account information when you register. You should read over the buyer protection policy. So do your research or STF up
Legend STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #12
Hallis
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (8)
 
Member#: 94141
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, Tx
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Actually he's right. I paid ~$50 including shipping for something on ebay. It never came. I filed a dispute. I Won, and got about $25 back because that's all he currently had in his account when they froze it. It's been over a year now and I still haven't seen the rest of my money. $25 wasnt worth the hastle to me to dispute the CC charge. I've been with PayPal since 2001 and they've always been the safest way to pay.

On topic though. I hope you nail this guy.

Shane
Hallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
YourMother'sLover
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (33)
 
Member#: 76565
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Ask me about POWDERCOATING!!!
Vehicle:
CLXX Stricta Parata
Neci!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd View Post
Try again clown. This just happened to me last month. There is a reason you put credit card and/or bank account information when you register. You should read over the buyer protection policy. So do your research or STF up

He's right...you're wrong. Same thing happened to me. I payed a guy $500 for some stuff at one point. The guy gave me a tracking number and the box showed up empty (not empty, but full of popcorn and paper, and not $500 worth of the crap either). I filed a claim with Paypal (showing them that the weight of the box delivered was less than a pound on the UPS site and I was ordering about 65 pounds worth of crap) and got NO MONEY BACK because the guy didn't keep money in his paypal account. Also, they can't pull money out of your bank account......you call the bank and say don't authorize it.

PAYPAL SUCKS EVERY BALL KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!
YourMother'sLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
Javwrx
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (31)
 
Member#: 38875
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Default

^ no your wrong, and im right
Javwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #15
Robson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 104945
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
not sure

Default

Actually I was just on the phone with Paypal on Monday over an issue like this. I sold an item on ebay which was paid for with paypal. I sent the item and transfer the money to my bank account as I always do. I checked my paypal account a few days later and I had a negative balance because his bank rejected the funds.

I called paypal and spent about and hour on the phone with them. They confirmed that they cannot take the funds out of my bank account. So everyone who says you will only get back what is in his account is correct. Unless he has a credit card backing up his account, if that is the case, they can charge it. But he only has to dispute those charges.

I hope you get your money back or your part!
Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #16
SoCalTxn
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 124416
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In The 760
Vehicle:
2004 Former STi now
04 E320 & 02 Boxster

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMother'sLover View Post
He's right...you're wrong. Same thing happened to me. I payed a guy $500 for some stuff at one point. The guy gave me a tracking number and the box showed up empty (not empty, but full of popcorn and paper, and not $500 worth of the crap either). I filed a claim with Paypal (showing them that the weight of the box delivered was less than a pound on the UPS site and I was ordering about 65 pounds worth of crap) and got NO MONEY BACK because the guy didn't keep money in his paypal account. Also, they can't pull money out of your bank account......you call the bank and say don't authorize it.

PAYPAL SUCKS EVERY BALL KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!

This is the situation that happens more often than not. I was a serious pain in the arse with paypal when I got scammed off of ebay. I told the customer service rep if she could not handle it then give me a supervisor that could. This went on through about three people. I finally made such a stink that paypal gave me 200 dollars even though the guy had no money in his acct. They told me this was a one time "customer service" deposit and in the future I would not recieve funds if the offender had none in his acct.

CN- Be a big enough pain in the but you can get what you want (deserve) from big corparations
SoCalTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #17
jamesohoh7
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 39070
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Strongbadia
Vehicle:
--
GTF off my lawn!

Default

I guess I'm a paypal n00b, but I've used it for years to pay for stuff, and never -ever- kept a 'balance' in my PayPal account. I win an auction, use PayPal to pay, it debits my actual bank-account and that's that. The net is always zero.

So, what on earth are you people talking about?... you're saying PayPal lets you keep a balance in -their- system, not the bank-account you have your PayPal tied to? (if that's how you do it, b/c I know a CC would be different of course).

Why would you keep an account with PayPal directly?... is there some advantage? PayPal doesn't charge me to process the debit, so why let them have any of my money to hang onto when it can earn me interest in my own accounts?
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 AM   #18
Robson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 104945
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
not sure

Default

For example with me I have customer pay for parts sometimes with paypal. This cost me a fee. But, if I use paypal to buy the customers parts I get 1% back. Once I have ordered the parts I then transfer the balance of the money to my bank account.
Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #19
SoCalTxn
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 124416
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In The 760
Vehicle:
2004 Former STi now
04 E320 & 02 Boxster

Default

Also paypal offers a debit mastercard if you dont already have one and you can put money in the acct. and when you charge with the card you get a cashback bonus.
SoCalTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #20
Robson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 104945
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
not sure

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTxn View Post
Also paypal offers a debit mastercard if you dont already have one and you can put money in the acct. and when you charge with the card you get a cashback bonus.
Yep that is the one I use, anytime someone pays for parts using paypal.
Robson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #21
sweezeyd
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 111438
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTxn View Post
This is the situation that happens more often than not. I was a serious pain in the arse with paypal when I got scammed off of ebay. I told the customer service rep if she could not handle it then give me a supervisor that could. This went on through about three people. I finally made such a stink that paypal gave me 200 dollars even though the guy had no money in his acct. They told me this was a one time "customer service" deposit and in the future I would not recieve funds if the offender had none in his acct.

CN- Be a big enough pain in the but you can get what you want (deserve) from big corparations
I had a situation that the seller on ebay wouldn't send me the tracking number for the parts. With enough nagging they will give you all of the information you want, you can try that with the money and see what you get. just don't stop with the first no, always go to the next higher level.

Good luck with the dispute.
sweezeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
the_poser
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 106234
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: old katy
Vehicle:
'o8 5.7 Tundra
'07 sv650s

Default

post up any info on this guy
and we'll help any way we can, weither it be teh OT style or texas style
I HATE scammers
the_poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possibly Scammed by Greg555 FearTheWagon Private 'For Sale' Classifieds 88 01-18-2004 09:20 AM
Scammed by the MTA. Dealer Xing Tri-State Area Forum 4 06-26-2003 01:36 PM
Any other NESIC members get SCAMMED by their dealer?? TicalWRX New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 13 10-08-2002 09:18 PM
Scammed by Sears auto centre (?) Fubaru North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 15 10-10-2001 01:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.